• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Fireblend

Banned
Anyway, great game Fran, thanks for putting it together. I'm really glad it went for this long because it was lots of fun. I really thought we were done for :p

Great game scum buddies! <3

Sorian

Banned
Need to go read the spec thread and see how many geniuses had pegged L_P as scum.

It was more that we pegged Bronx as being his usual scummy self if anything. I knew it wasn't true but I was really hoping Penguin was the most diabolical master mind ever.

Natiko

Banned
GG scum. Proud of you. Honestly I thought you were toast the day phase after I died. I was able to guess the entire scum team from it, but no one ever brought it up.

Yeah, but no lynching removes one variable from the game. At which point you do as Sorian says and stop and rethink everything.
Plus then Faddy dies and it comes down to who can convince Penguin, Bronx or LP and LP might as well have not been playing so Bronx may have actually brought a win home for town. But alas, town stays losing.

Faddy

Banned
GG scum. Proud of you. Honestly I thought you were toast the day phase after I died. I was able to guess the entire scum team from it, but no one ever brought it up.

Plus then Faddy dies and it comes down to who can convince Penguin, Bronx or LP and LP might as well have not been playing so Bronx may have actually brought a win home for town. But alas, town stays losing.

I thought about No Lynch but I wanted to keep the game in my hands.

On re-read none of them had offered a decent read or even looked like they were capable which is why I bullied the process. Although since I got it wrong a blind guess would have been better.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I offered my read of LP and you still kept your vote on me!

People would rather keep in a damn inactive than trust a Bronx read! Sad!

Dr. Worm

Banned
I'm happy that I got to be a part of it, even if I didn't do jackshit and I don't recognize a lot of the people because of replacements

nice to see a game that goes to the end-game :>

congratulations everyone and GM who completed Arkham Mafia :D

gg scummies

WP JOKER AND HARLEY

my mvp is sorayan, then sciencedoggo for that awesome override !!

legendary override! the first override in gafia history that was actually beneficial for town!!!

WELL DONE

Sawneeks

Banned
lol

Congrats Scummies and Neutral OTP.

And well done Sorian for being able to stay alive for so long and hitting your Neutral Win Con. For sure thought you would be lynched there for a while but it never happened. o:

I really did want Sorian lynched. And I debated shooting him out of spite but it seemed like he was reading scum chat and telling us no.

I was actually out of town and scrambling to find WiFi at day start. Just had enough time to drop a vote. Would've posted more if there weren't three straight turbos.

Verelios was right about me but no one picked up on it.

Good game all. Thanks for running it Fran.

Verelios

And the neutral team, beautiful usage of lynch ransom and Sorian even took the time to give a helping hand to town and scum before leaving.

GG

Lifeline

Your number 1 on the list is wrong.

RIP

:p

tumblr_inline_odj5bvujFI1snzong_500.gif

Natiko

Banned
Thanks Fran for running it. It was really well done. Kind of a bummer we didn't see all of the rarely used powers go off.

Natiko

Banned
Congratulations scum buddies!

We did it! I'm still in complete disbelief that you let a character with "bat" in its name alive for three days...
I blame the wiki page for bat-mite. Most discussion about him on there indicates he's an antagonist lol I just figured it was a way for fran to neuter my ability a little.

roytheone

alright, now that this game is over, I can finally give my true opinion about this:

THIS GAME SUCKS, IT WAS HORRIBLE. YOU FUCKED IT UP FRAN.

I mean, look at this:

You are Catwoman and you are part of the Batman Family (That means you are mafia).

You are Selina Kyle, a master thief and also long time lover of Batman. And Halle Berry didn’t played you in a movie. That never happened. At all.

You are a Thief. Every night you may use the command Steal:<Playername> and if your target has an item you will gain that item at the start of the next day phase. Also you are a Secret Partner. You are not still a full-fledged member of the scum team. Your partners don't know who you are. You will become a full fledged member of the scum team if you are targeted by the rest of the scum team.

Like all the scum kill you also have the command Arrest:<Playername> to make a night kill but you can't use this command until you become a full-fledged member of the scum team or if you are the last scum remaining in the game

Your teammates are REDACTED . You won't gain access to the scum chat until you become a full-fledged member of the scum team.
You also have the power to vote. Use Vote: <Playername> during the day phase. The usual drill.

The game thread is Here

You win when your team has a majority of the votes at the start of the Day Phase.

ZERO CAT PUNS!

Now look at this:

Welcome to Batman mafia!

You are Selina Kyle, AKA Catwoman.

You are aligned with the heroes.

Sure, you may fur-ever be Gotham's best burglar, and have achieved many purr-fect heists, but in the end you tend to be on the good good side of the law just as much, purr-haps even more! ! But Batman having purr-suaded you to help him has this time un-fur-tunately gotten you in a cat-astrophic situation! You will need all your Claw-verness, Tail-ent and su-purr-ior skills to survive to tell the tail.

That doesn’t mean you will fully give up your thieving ways though! Once during the game, you may send me the night command STEAL to go on a thieving spree. During that night, you will be unable to be targeted by any power. From that moment on, you will automatically go on a thieving spree every alternate night. So if you use the command on night 1, you will be impossible to target on night 3-5-7 and so on.

You win when all the villains are eliminated.

The thread can be found here
Please confirm you are ready to play by sending me a PM or by posting in the thread. If you have any questions, please send them to me! Have fun!

MULTIPLE CAT PUNS PER SENTENCE! MULTIPLE!

I really hope you learned from this disaster Fran :mad:

Natiko

Banned
alright, now that this game is over, I can finally give my true opinion about this:

THIS GAME SUCKS, IT WAS HORRIBLE. YOU FUCKED IT UP FRAN.

I mean, look at this:

ZERO CAT PUNS!

Now look at this:

MULTIPLE CAT PUNS PER SENTENCE! MULTIPLE!

I really hope you learned from this disaster Fran :mad:
You make a good point. This really was a catastrophe.

franconp

wJbiXf8.jpg

ARKHAM ASYLUM AWARDS

MVP of the game: Sorian

I think we can all agree that Sorian was the MVP of the game. YOLO Sorian was fun to read, he completed his neutral condition even when he lost his partner early in the game. Lynching Wee was a great move to win the game.

Scum MVP: Zippedpinhead

All the scum team played very well but the award is going to Zipped as he did a really good work defending himself after the red check. Wee's lynch was a crucial moment for both neutral and scum win.

Town MVP: AbsolutBro

This was a hard one. Town made quite a lot of mistakes later in the game. AB played really well when it mattered. His defence of Wee was really good and he really made some good reads through the game.

Best use of his role: Fat4all

Fat4all shooting Acohrs was a great use of his role, catching one scum and screwing with the neutrals win condition in one move.

Worst use of his role: Verelios

There is a problem with a reviver when he doesn't revive anyone. Using the revive command prevents a night kill and also gives you a semi confirmed townie. Much of the flow of the game could have changed if the role was used.

Top Bottom