• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So guys I've never been to a midnight launch before, I have the switch and Zelda preordered, so what time should I exactly show up? I kinda want the experience of waiting outside for the store to open

psyfi

Banned
So guys I've never been to a midnight launch before, I have the switch and Zelda preordered, so what time should I exactly show up? I kinda want the experience of waiting outside for the store to open
Call your store and ask. It really depends on how they're doing things, where the store is located, etc. It's generally best to show at least an hour early though. The line might be pretty huge.

one_kill

You can turn it off by holding the power or home button and selecting power options the "power off" or something along those lines.

Yes! You can use eShop cards to add funds to the store. Not sure on whether balances are transferable though as I have no money in my Nintendo account
Thanks PC. Guess I'll get myself an eShop card!

Somnia

Anyone know if when plugging a headset into the Switch while docked, does it mute hdmi audio like the PS4 or leave it active like the XB1?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Call your store and ask. It really depends on how they're doing things, where the store is located, etc. It's generally best to show at least an hour early though. The line might be pretty huge.
I know it's at best buy and guy I called said they were doing the mid ight launch, no info besides saying that I should just be able to get my system despite it saying its having trouble authorizing it for some reason

//ARCANUM

Anybody in austin at the Best Buy in north austin near arboretum? I'm gonna be heading there round 11 to wait to grab my preorder.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Just grabbed my yellow ticket from Gamestop. Good to go. About 13 people waiting in line for 4 extra units. Saw four people get turned away.

Somnia

I'll head up to my GameStop around 11PM CST since we can't get it till Midnight local time. Already have everything paid off.

psyfi

Banned
I know it's at best buy and guy I called said they were doing the mid ight launch, no info besides saying that I should just be able to get my system despite it saying its having trouble authorizing it for some reason
I'd call back and ask more questions if I were you. Play it safe.

switch_caseacbe4.png

Are these blue Carrying Cases available for sale anywhere?

I walked into a store with more than enough in gift cards thinking I would get a switch if it was in stock. There were plenty (at least here in Australia) and then I thought against it and decided I would just get the Wii U Zelda.

Then after carrying Zelda to the counter I decided I wasn't real hot on it either.
Maybe when Splatoon is out I will get one.

psyfi

Banned
I walked into a store with more than enough in gift cards thinking I would get a switch if it was in stock. There were plenty (at least here in Australia) and then I thought against it and decided I would just get the Wii U Zelda.

Then after carrying Zelda to the counter I decided I wasn't real hot on it either.
Maybe when Splatoon is out I will get one.
lmao man, that is the quickest 60 to 0 hype deflation story I've ever read At least you won't have buyers remorse.

Porcile

Really blown away by the quality of the Switch as a portable machine. It's so slick and well built. Also the switching between different regions E-shops is bliss. Better than I expected.

Jesus fucking christ

So I'm an idiot and put one of my joy con straps on the wrong way. Am I fucked? This thing will just not come off.

PikkonX

Can't believe I'll be holding this thing in a little over an hour. All the speculation, the leaked "confidential property", and now the real thing is almost here. So glad I took tomorrow off.

Cerium

Ladies and gentlemen, I just realized that we do not have an OT for Fast RMX!

Can someone put something together? I'm tapped out from rushing the VOEZ OT or I'd do it myself.

I obtained this information first hand on my own Switch console.

Under eShop Account Settings, you can choose to make a console you are signed into your primary console. If you are signed into a non-primary console, you cannot access your digital purchases.

Software and downloadable content you purchase from Nintendo eShop can only be used on the console registered for downloads for your Nintendo Account. You will not be able to purchase or download software on a Nintendo Switch console that is not registered as the active console for your account.

TLZ

Banned
Repost from another thread:

I'm.........

I'm weak.

Everything I said went down the drain when I saw it right before me. I said to myself I'll ask for the neon, and if it wasn't available, that's it, it's a sign and I'm going to wait til Christmas.

It was the last piece.

zewone

Has anyone elses Switch from Amazon not shipped yet?

It says preparing for shipment. Still says delivery by 8PM tomorrow

LA area by the way.

Can you post pictures of what you did to it?

Literally just brute forced it off, but I'll share to prevent someone else from having the same fate:

I put the joy con strap on my left joy con upside down, i.e. I was a huge idiot and didn't realize the joy con straps have little plus and minus signs to prevent this. But they slide right on even if you try to put them on upside down, but they get very VERY stuck. Googled and apparently some outlets did the same thing.

Have a little scuff on my left joy con now but the latches aren't broke so I'm very relieved. Just make sure not to put on your straps backward, because they'll be very difficult to remove.

Atheerios

Don't know if this has been already posted. But Nintendo has revealed how digital game downloads work. You can only link your Nintendo Account to ONE Nintendo Switch at a time, however, you can freely unlink them. Once you do that, any digital game you purchased on that console will become unplayable.

Once you have created a Nintendo Account, you can use your Nintendo Account to purchase digital games in the Nintendo Switch eShop. Digital games that you purchase are tied to your Nintendo Account, but everyone on your active Nintendo Switch console can play them.

If you want to move your digital games to a different system, you can deactivate your current console, then use your Nintendo Account to access the Nintendo eShop on the new console. The new console will automatically become the active console for your Nintendo Account, and all of your digital games can be played on the new system.

Key Points:

• You can activate one console at a time for your Nintendo Account. Your games are only playable on the current active console.
  • While a console is active for your Nintendo Account, everyone on the console can play the games you've purchased.
  • If you change the active console for your Nintendo Account, your games will not be playable on the deactivated system unless you make that the active one again for your Nintendo Account.
  • Save data (for digital AND physical games) cannot be transferred between systems.
  • Physical games are not tied to a specific console or Nintendo Account, and can be played on any system you like.

How It Works:
  1. Link a Nintendo Account to your Nintendo Switch console.
  2. Access the Nintendo eShop. Your console is now activated for your Nintendo Account.
  3. Purchase games and / or add funds in Nintendo eShop. These will be tied to your Nintendo Account.
  4. Everyone on system can play games, but only you can use funds in your Nintendo Account balance.
  5. To change the console where you play your games, access the Nintendo eShop on your active console and deactivate the console for your Nintendo Account.
  6. Games you've purchased will no longer be playable on the deactivated console.
  7. On the second Nintendo Switch console, use the same Nintendo Account to access the Nintendo Switch eShop. This is now the activated console for your account.
  8. You can now use this console to make purchases and download new and previous game purchases.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22317/p/897

psyfi

Banned
Literally just brute forced it off, but I'll share to prevent someone else from having the same fate:

I put the joy con strap on my left joy con upside down, i.e. I was a huge idiot and didn't realize the joy con straps have little plus and minus signs to prevent this. But they slide right on even if you try to put them on upside down, but they get very VERY stuck. Googled and apparently some outlets did the same thing.
Oh, I thought you meant the strap was stuck around your wrist somehow. Man that would suck to break the slide piece over a stupid mistake. May we all learn from your mistake, haha.

Spruchy

Uh guys, I think I may have gotten a defective unit? Literally finds no wifi networks, this happened at work which is saturated with them and now at home where im a room away from the wifi adapter that reaches out to the streets.

Any ideas?

linkboy

My Switch will be getting here tomorrow, I'll be picking my copy of Zelda up tonight, my SD card (200GB Samsung) and Hori case will be arriving tomorrow as well.

I'm off Sun-Tue, which will be dedicated to Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom