• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor |OT| And shame are huge parts of it

I can't wait for this to release loved all of the betas that I participated in. The open Beta has stopped two of my friends from purchasing it though, they had nothing but connection issues and now won't touch it.

If anyone having issues with connection/servers/NAT or getting disconnected during matches in the open beta is getting this game, then please tell if the actual game is working fine, same as beta or worse.

I had no problems during the closed beta but loads of disconnects during the open, I'll let you know how I get on.

sorry for the DP, thought this was the other For Honor thread,

Color me intrigued with the Co-op campaign, Will see the length of it first, As played the beta, And it was for for about an hour, Then got boring. PvP and capture the zone does nothing for me.

Also interesting you need an internet connection for the single player. So can't even play it offline.

If the game gets a metacritic of 85 or over I'd be happy, but honestly I highly doubt it will.

I feel like reviewers will repeat the same fucking thing that happened with Siege. Claim the game lacks content, focus way to much on the story mode, probably compare it to things like Dark Souls and not understand its its own thing.

And its not that I care about reviews to justify my purchase, but its to stop the inevitible "lul badgame" posts in the review thread when the meta is 75-82 like most ubisoft titles.

80-84 for this game would be a big critical win for Ubisoft tbh.

Is a recreational medically induced coma safe? Because I'm too hyped for tonight, hard to think about anything but using a Valkyrie to ferry my enemy to Valhalla.

mcmmaster

Any word on a penalty system for rage quitting being implemented in the final release?

Was way too many babies in the beta that couldn't handle savage beatings, the constant network disruptions became very stressing after the first few.

Is it possible to VPN unlock games on Uplay? Never preordered from Uplay before so I have no idea.

Edit: nvm, looked it up and apparently it's a YMMV thing so I guess I'll wait

ironcreed

Banned
Man, I have this and Sniper Elite 4 releasing tonight, plus I will be starting Nioh today as well. I am just going to dig in and taste it all.

Zyrox

Ahh, I've been waiting for this day. Nice OT title
though I would have liked "Tom Clancy's Bushido Blade"
. I'm so pumped for this game, can't stop thinking about it. Gonna be a busy day tomorrow though for me, so I might hop in Wednesday. Can't wait to clean up the battlefields though. I shall see to it that those knights and vikings meet their maker.

#TeamSamurai

Hyun Sai

I wish we had more "fighting games" where playing agains AI was a legit way to improve against Players.

For Honor Bots can be terrifying. And you guys say they nerfed them ?

HiiiLife

More Berserkers than Warden? Where were these people at when I played?

Orochi stats are accurate though. Every damn game.

Yep. Definitely more Berserkers than Wardens when I played Open. I mean damn I know these guys look cool, but it got annoying fighting them lol. Oh well. Their loss, considering all the players kept doing the same combos.

nstine

I wish we had more "fighting games" where playing agains AI was a legit way to improve against Players.

For Honor Bots can be terrifying. And you guys say they nerfed them ?

I don't think they nerfed them, I think they just limited the level of the bots in the open beta so they never got to the level 3 bots.

EDIT: It doesn't surprise me that the Raider is one of the lower played classes. Their moveset is pretty limited and once people learn the timing on parrying their unblockable it is pretty easy to avoid. Especially since it can only come from one direction if they are the one you are locked on to.

zkorejo

I had no problems during the closed beta but loads of disconnects during the open, I'll let you know how I get on.

sorry for the DP, thought this was the other For Honor thread,

Thanks man. Really want to buy this game but I can't knowing that the game may not even work for me. I will be looking forward to your impressions.

Zyrox

Orochii are the most played class wowee who coulda guessed that gee wiz

Also surprised to see raider so low... That means less people are going to know how to deal with his more BS attacks. He's gonna claim a loooooot of fresh souls.

I played Raider a lot during the open beta and like 90% of the people got hit over and over again by the unblockable. Was almost too easy sometimes.

Servantes

Neo Member
Just got my Collectors Edition in!

hE0FKKj.jpg

aajohnny

This is the first game I actually would rather play against humans instead of bots. The bots are nuts lol. At least they don't run away like pussies like some humans.

Anyways I had a blast and pre-ordered it. I'm counting down to playing this game launching. Not really many complaints other than the connection here and there.

Are there any cross-buy or play anywhere digital purchases for Xbox One and PC?
Also, any news on the single player campaign? The combat seems like it would be a great fit for a Dark Souls style type of thing, and wondering if that's the case.

nstine

There are definitely more than 6 maps. There are maps missing from that list that I've played on in previous tests going all the way back to the tech test from last august that haven't been in the more recent tests.

You can probably even find footage of them as there wasn't any NDA/streaming restrictions for some of the early tests.

EDIT: ^ Unfortunately the game is not a Play Anywhere title and the only cross-play feature in the game is the Faction War map in which assets gained from players on all platforms affect the territories owned by each faction.

Any CronusMAX Plus users here? Their website says "lag free" but I want real experiences.

I really want to play this with Xbox Elite controller but on PS4.

Top Bottom