• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERH|OT| SUPERHOT SUPERHOT

Played the tutorial. The game plays as I hoped so far, and I'm loving the narrative framing device.

My first fifteen minutes with the game was spent watching (plot spoiler?)
a creepy message board conversation
! I get enough of that on GAF :D

The story was by far the worst part of the game for me. Obstructive, non-skippable, uninteresting (yet another
existential "deep" indie game
) and takes more time than the actual gameplay. After you've finished the campaign odds are you've stared more at the text than actually played the game. Absolutely dreadful execution from the devs. The arcade bit that unlocks after is much better I feel.

Gameplay is brilliant though.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I can't read the spoiler. Suffice it to say, I'm clearly easily pleased. Maybe my opinion will change after more than half an hour or so with the game.

EDIT: That reads waaay more petulantly than I meant it to!

What I'm saying is, I've only had a little time with it so far, and it's working for me. That may change, of course, but currently, I'm getting slivers of something interesting (plot spoiler:
Games as Drugs, video game violence bleeding into reality, etc.
) that appeal to me. I love the old-school video game aesthetic too! :)

laxu

The story was by far the worst part of the game for me. Obstructive, non-skippable, uninteresting (yet another
existential "deep" indie game
) and takes more time than the actual gameplay. After you've finished the campaign odds are you've stared more at the text than actually played the game. Absolutely dreadful execution from the devs. The arcade bit that unlocks after is much better I feel.

Gameplay is brilliant though.

I agree. While I liked the story, the arcade part should have been unlocked right from the start. You still have to complete levels to unlock the next one in the challenge modes so it should be fine to skip the story mode if you want.

ISee

This game is awesome in VR and the name makes even more sense now. I've played for 1.5 hours and I was super hot and sweating, I had to take a shower afterwards to refresh and cool down.

I have three problems so far though:

- The game placed the disk that needs to be loaded in my TV. Re-calibrating didn't help and I had to restart the game twice.
- I start playing in the middle of my room but end up in a corner (or somewhere else) after 5-10 minutes. But that's probably just me fighting and dodging like a maniac.
- Tracking on PSVR can be buggy. The hands don't seem to update fast enough sometimes.

Top Bottom