• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 review thread

Scoops

Banned
H2x1_NSwitch_Splatoon2.jpg

Metacritic - 84 (62 reviews)

Opencritic - 83 (63 reviews)

Nintendo Life - 10/10

Comic Book - 5/5

Switch Player - 92/100

Atomix - 91/100

Cheat Code Central - 4.6/5

Hardcore Gamer - 9/10

We Got This Covered - 4.5/5

3D Juegos - 9/10

Nintendo Enthusiast - 9/10

International Business Times UK - 9/10

The Games Machine - 9/10

Venture Beast - 9/10

Metro - 9/10

Attack of the Fanboy - 9/10

IGN Italy - 9/10

Multiplayer.it - 9/10

Hobby Consales - 8.9/10

WCCFTech - 8.6/10

Everyeye.it - 8.6/10

SwitchItalia - 8.5/10

Destructoid - 8.5/10

Nintendo World Report - 8.5/10

GamingTrend - 8.5/10

GameInformer - 8.25/10

US Gamer - 8/10

Polygon - 8/10

God is a Geek - 8/10

Gamespot - 8/10

The Sixth Axis - 8/10

Cubed3 - 8/10

The Digital Fix - 7/10

Slant - 3/5

Eurogamer - Recommended

Wired - positive, no score

That wired review suggesting you can only play with friends specifically through the phone app has me all worried again.

Someone, pleased tell me they're just incorrect.

oti

Banned
That wired review suggesting you can only play with friends specifically through the phone app has me all worried again.

They're just incorrect. There's a Friends section in the lobby.

The phone app isn't even available to reviewers yet. No idea where they're coming from.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Interesting thought. Do you dock points off the game for not having voice chat when it's the console that's to blame? I'm leaning towards no, but I could see it go either way for these reviews.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Low 90s for sure. Think of all the people who didn't play this on WiiU, their mind is about to be blown away.

They never actually said that in the review, so they are not incorrect. They said using the app is the only easy way to play with your friends (which likely means inviting friends to a lobby) whereas you can join friends through the system just like in MK8D I believe. Which is not as easy.

82 or so. Not much of an improvement over the first game since it still has weird map rotation limits, and seemingly a lack of content at launch if I've heard correctly.

colinp

Banned
I'm guessing reviewers will complain about how barebones it is on release and then Nintendo will continue to unlock new maps, weapons and modes (oh and clothes, too!) for the next two years.

I guess a solid, middle of the road B: 85

I'm so pumped for this. Loved the first one but it was one Wii U so I didn't play it as much as I wanted.

This game launches the 21st, but I'll only be able to buy it the next day, since the 21st is a holiday in Belgium.

Dammit. And I don't want to buy it digital.

13ruce

Banned
84-88 it deserves 90+ tho imo but reviewers don't know the gloriousness of Splatoon:p

Can't wait 1 hourish to go!

"Oh cool. Reviews for Splatoon 2 are out"

*clicks thread*

"1 hour and 2 minutes"

Everytime. Just make the thread when reviews start to show up.

Catvoca

Banned
Cleverly, the game also limits online multiplayer to two maps per day

Does the game really only let you play on 2 maps per day? The 2 hour map cycles in the splatfest felt a little long tbqh.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
They're just incorrect. There's a Friends section in the lobby.

The phone app isn't even available to reviewers yet. No idea where they're coming from.

Yup, totally
Honestly, my review don't touch the app thing at all.
it isn't available yet so......how can I judge it?

Lucifon

I'm guessing not a lot of scores. Online heavy game and no ability to test it properly in a live environment until Friday.

Mdk7

Curious to see how it will score.
I personally have my idea, but I won't say anything or make a prediction considering I'm under embargo.

Top Bottom