• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulator Screenshot Thread

cuserskyleemulatorsce0mos2.png

[/IMG]

This shot is way too awesome.

KyleCross

Holy shit, that was a PS2 game? What is this sorcery? It could easily pass for a game 2 gens above it. :O

Haunting Ground was always a looker, even on original hardware. 2000's era Capcom were technical wizards with the likes of Resident Evil on Gamecube, Haunting Ground on PS2, and RE5 on PS3/360. Shame that they seem to have fallen behind in that department over the past 7 years.

Hyllian

Woah, how? That shader looks crazy

I'm curious too. Usually those smoothing filters look terrible, but this one looks.... good? At least for some games. I can't believe I'm saying that.

I just uploaded the Retroarch shaders repository with new parameters for Super-xBR. To obtain those, I use the preset super-xbr-6p.cgp, that is super-xbr applied two times for a 4x upscaling.

Here are some more screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/iEwmY

linko9

I just uploaded the Retroarch shaders repository with new parameters for Super-xBR. To obtain those, I use the preset super-xbr-6p.cgp, that is super-xbr applied two times for a 4x upscaling.

Here are some more screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/iEwmY

Cool! I still don't like what it does to text and smaller sprites, but the effect on larger sprites (e.g. Kefka and the Rondo boss), and some backgrounds (like the last shot, of SD3) look much more natural than any other filter I've seen.

KyleCross

Man Haunting Ground looks gooooood. Is it a good game? I've never played it.

I consider it one of the best survival horror games ever. Whereas many survival horror games have you fighting monsters and zombies with limited resources, Haunting Ground has you running and hiding from "normal" people but who are so fucked up and want to do some of the worst things imaginable to you that it ends up being way more frightening. It was also the last "true survival horror" game in terms of "classic survival horror" released as it was made by Capcom, who coined the genre, and released just a few months after RE4 and the genre died/morphed into what is known as modern survival horror so it's a notable game for that.

Reviewers didn't love it, but they didn't love a lot of survival horror games back in the day. So if you like the genre definitely try it out. It's sadly become quite rare tho, so expect to pay a pretty penny. I picked my copy up for $15 back in 2007 as a luck find.

Talley Rand

Neo Member
Man Haunting Ground looks gooooood. Is it a good game? I've never played it.

It's a spiritual successor to the Clock Tower series with the same core gameplay mechanics like hiding from invincible stalkers while exploring bizarre and mysterious surroundings. This game also boasts quite a disturbing story, which seems to be drawing inspirations from giallo and exploitation cinema. I definitely recommend to give it a try.

I'm so happy that the newest builds of PCSX2 finally restored Haunting Ground's post-processing effects in Hardware mode. Finally, the game can look great via emulation.

Ikr, the only downside is that the visuals are very washed out by default, so you might want to manually adjust some shaders.

Fuck me these are good

Thank you for the feedback, everyone.

KyleCross

Ikr, the only downside is that the visuals are very washed out by default, so you might want to manually adjust some shaders.

Could you give me some advice on shaders? I'm completely new to this and I can't find much information on them. I was for example trying to see how much I could improve the image quality in software mode for them, but I really don't know what to turn on to do so.

kungfuian

I own the Prime Trilogy, but I've always wanted to replay them on PC with my Vive. I know I've seen some people messing around with it, but how far off is perfect emulation and modded support for that?

I had better luck with the Cube versions of Prime 1 & 2 with Dolphin VR but you have to get the official wiiu game cube controller adapter and an official gamecube controller (after market didn't work. Don't waste your time/money).

I didn't like the Vivemotes for either cube or wii versions of these games, just really hard to control/configure perfectly. Also you have to set up hotkeys to be able to adjust the camera height/centering/distance from visor, as it needed manual adjusting here and there.

Once you get it working though it's amazing! Not perfect but amazing anyways! So is Zelda Wind Waker and a few other Cube games. If you are a fan of these games this is a must try experience!

Talley Rand

Neo Member
Could you give me some advice on shaders? I'm completely new to this and I can't find much information on them. I was for example trying to see how much I could improve the image quality in software mode for them, but I really don't know what to turn on to do so.

Well, for starters you could enable built-in FXAA, Shade boost and External Shader (Video GS -> Plugin Settings -> Shader Configuration).
Set Shade boost parameters to something like this: Brightness: 67, Contrast: 70, Saturation: 45. Maybe experiment with them a little at your discretion.
Then in the "shaders" folder (in the root PCSX2 folder) open GSdx_FX_Settings.ini with notepad, in CHOOSE EFFECTS section
set to "1" FXAA, LANCZOS_SCALER and TEXTURE_SHARPEN. All other options should be left at "0".

I personally use ReShade, but my preset is still work in progress as Demento is a real pain to tweak properly. I would upload it to sfx.thelazy.net when i'm satisfied with it.

Servatis

Neo Member
Super Mario Galaxy and Xenoblade Chronicles (Dolphin Ishiiruka, 4x IR, 2x MSAA, HD textures, ReShade)

36282092863_85d111dabb_o.jpg

36953535891_5ab16753cf_o.jpg

Breath of the Wild (Cemu, Contrasty and 4K graphic packs)

36953527591_79726941a2_o.jpg

Haunting Ground was always a looker, even on original hardware. 2000's era Capcom were technical wizards with the likes of Resident Evil on Gamecube, Haunting Ground on PS2, and RE5 on PS3/360. Shame that they seem to have fallen behind in that department over the past 7 years.

Don't forget Onimusha, and Viewtiful Joe. I was amazed by MT framework in it's first few years. Such great visuals running on peanut hardware.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member

I dunno, Resident Evil 7 looks amazing and is one of the best uses for the bleeding edge tech world of VR. They still got it I think.

Larxia

Warriors (PCSX2-Reshade)

pcsx2_2018-09-22_04-39-13.bmp.png

pcsx2_2018-09-22_04-13-37.bmp.png

pcsx2_2018-09-22_08-02-48.bmp.png
What's up with the terrible chromatic aberration? I really don't get why someone would actually add this voluntarily in a game, it's something I always turn off because it just deteriorate the image quality (and as a glasses wearer who has to deal with chromatic aberration in real life too, I hate it even more).
Film grain and blur also really don't help, I'm pretty sure the it would look much cleaner without these filters.

kaicooper87

What's up with the terrible chromatic aberration? I really don't get why someone would actually add this voluntarily in a game, it's something I always turn off because it just deteriorate the image quality (and as a glasses wearer who has to deal with chromatic aberration in real life too, I hate it even more).
Film grain and blur also really don't help, I'm pretty sure the it would look much cleaner without these filters.
appreciate ur opinions..i like CA but the images here with film grain looks waay toomuch and sharp
but in real time wasnt like that at all..much better

Dontero

Banned
3DS Monster Hunter XX via Citra emulator. 4xresolution and my custom reshade profile to emulate ambient lighting and recolor game like in MH4U as i didn't like really how toned down colors were in MHXX:

giphy.gif

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
3DS Monster Hunter XX via Citra emulator. 4xresolution and my custom reshade profile to emulate ambient lighting and recolor game like in MH4U as i didn't like really how toned down colors were in MHXX:

giphy.gif
That UI size tho.. OOF

Top Bottom