• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Pepiope

Think I legit found the teammate I've been dreaming out for over a year. We have exactly the same playstyles. Went 9-1 in dubs and our only lose was a close 4-3 against a season 3 grand champ.
Great feeling once you find the person you just mesh with. Game just becomes that much more fun.

Soulflarz

Banned
or be me and join discords with pros so you get known by pure chance and just play with plats then throw your champ 3 soloqueue down to champ 1 and never play for a team or get a blue tag

b l e s s

VLiberty

this is getting frustrating as hell

i think i've lost almost every game out of the last 30-40 games

almost everytime I'm playing perfectly, then my mates do something very stupid and toss it away.

i've tried everything, playing safe, playing fast attacking with very fast rotating(but often fails due to mates being stupid ballchasers), it's really frustrating and I'm starting to feel really bad. My rank went from platinum 3 to gold 1, this is ridiculous

i know points are not important, but I'm costantly getting more point than the 2 mates combined

edit:
it's not gonna stop I guess
http://i.imgur.com/iKI31zT.png
http://i.imgur.com/xwm8HHt.png

Soulflarz

Banned
this is getting frustrating as hell

i think i've lost almost every game out of the last 30-40 games

almost everytime I'm playing perfectly, then my mates do something very stupid and toss it away.

i've tried everything, playing safe, playing fast attacking with very fast rotating(but often fails due to mates being stupid ballchasers), it's really frustrating and I'm starting to feel really bad. My rank went from platinum 3 to gold 1, this is ridiculous

i know points are not important, but I'm costantly getting more point than the 2 mates combined

edit:
it's not gonna stop I guess
http://i.imgur.com/iKI31zT.png
http://i.imgur.com/xwm8HHt.png

Adaptive rotation

By this I mean if they rotate incorrectly don't rotate into their spot, just hold the spot that needs to be filled (Ie, don't leave 2 for 1 if 3 is up still, stay there)

Anywhere from gold 1 to diamond 3 you have a dozen open net powershots any game if you're looking for them.

alt: learn to air dribble properly (ie, max speed cross court carries) to drag yourself to <insert rank> for free

Well once you reach a certain skill level... People just kinda know you.

In general though, I'd say ranked would be a good place to start.

Huh, I should really get over my ranked mode adversity I guess if I really want to improve. It can be so odd though. Like I was playing with a team yesterday who seemed to think I played better than they did when they were Diamond, but then I go back to ranked and just get wins and losses back to back at Platinum and never really go anywhere XD

Sometimes kinda wish I could just ban myself from unranked for a month or something since I always cave after a few matches. I swear sometimes I play worse in ranked too since I take less risks.

Pepiope

Huh, I should really get over my ranked mode adversity I guess if I really want to improve. It can be so odd though. Like I was playing with a team yesterday who seemed to think I played better than they did when they were Diamond, but then I go back to ranked and just get wins and losses back to back at Platinum and never really go anywhere XD

Sometimes kinda wish I could just ban myself from unranked for a month or something since I always cave after a few matches. I swear sometimes I play worse in ranked too since I take less risks.
Yeah it's all in the mindset. For me, "ranked" is a tournament. Anything else is just practice or to just screw around for fun.

I always advise people to play ranked and try to ignore their MMR. If what you truly want to accomplish is tournament success, then your MMR is not going to help you once you're in competition.

Yeah it's all in the mindset. For me, "ranked" is a tournament. Anything else is just practice or to just screw around for fun.

I always advise people to play ranked and try to ignore their MMR. If what you truly want to accomplish is tournament success, then your MMR is not going to help you once you're in competition.

Yeah I suppose I should start leaving the match rather than waiting to see that rank shift, or try to stop caring about it. Gets demoralising if you get a couple deranks in a row. I don't really even know why oddly enough, like I'm confident I can get back to where I am even if I dropped to silver. Probably going to do a little test sometime soon by only allowing myself one player match to warm up then sticking to ranked and seeing where I'm at in a week or two.

panty

I fucking hate the players in the game. Every single random is a fucking idiot, either chasing the ball like a fucking loser or just being a fucking shit player.

Dropped from dia 2 to almost plat 2 because every game is filled with a fucking half brained pool of shit.

So done with this pile of shit game.

Pepiope

I fucking hate the players in the game. Every single random is a fucking idiot, either chasing the ball like a fucking loser or just being a fucking shit player.

Dropped from dia 2 to almost plat 2 because every game is filled with a fucking half brained pool of shit.

So done with this pile of shit game.
At diamond 2 you're still part of the problem. Try focusing on how to work around the player if their rotations are really bad, or work with the player if it's more a mechanical thing. At that level passes should be highly successful.

Soulflarz

Banned
At diamond 2 you're still part of the problem. Try focusing on how to work around the player if their rotations are really bad, or work with the player if it's more a mechanical thing. At that level passes should be highly successful.

Midfield passes are literally a free goal

or backboards
or
<things>

Grinchy

Banned
https://www.rocketleague.com/news/incoming-transparent-goalposts/

"We're always adding new features and tech to Rocket League, and our next update this Autumn will use that philosophy to incorporate one of the most requested community features of all time: Transparent Goalposts -- which will drastically change how you see the ball in certain positions on the pitch."

They just don't stop with the improvements. Big publishers/developers should be taking notes.

Man this game is like the worst love/hate relationship of all time. It has a way of building me up and breaking me down into never wanting to play again. I wish I didn't care about my rank as much as I do, but I cant help it.

I was finally making headway in doubles, was up to Gold 3 Div 4 and about to hit Platinum for the first time and then last night from start to finish I tanked it all the way back to Gold 2 Div 1. Been trying to soak up as much info on tactics and trying to get techniques down but I feel like I'm never getting better. Such a buzzkill. Sorry just venting.

Man this game is like the worst love/hate relationship of all time. It has a way of building me up and breaking me down into never wanting to play again. I wish I didn't care about my rank as much as I do, but I cant help it.

I was finally making headway in doubles, was up to Gold 3 Div 4 and about to hit Platinum for the first time and then last night from start to finish I tanked it all the way back to Gold 2 Div 1. Been trying to soak up as much info on tactics and trying to get techniques down but I feel like I'm never getting better. Such a buzzkill. Sorry just venting.
I know the feeling very well. One day you're at your highest ever rank and playing consistently well, the next you drop a full rank or two. It happens way too often lol.

If you're on PS4 or PC and want someone to play a few with I'm up for it!

88random

So who's the best player in the world right now?

It's hard to say. Individually, Scrub Killa is regarded as the best (and he's only 14), but it's a toss up between him, Fairy Peak, Kuxir, Dappur and Deevo. It comes to the matchups, for example, Deevo can't beat Scrub, Scrub can't beat Fairy, etc. All of them (except Scrub) are also very accomplished players in 3s.

Out of those Deevo is mechanically the most gifted and the most attractive to watch but he doesn't play very smart, he makes risky plays, tries to show off and he looses some due to this. He could be the best if he toned it down. He is also the current world champion in 3s along with Turbopolsa and remkoe.

It's hard to say. Individually, Scrub Killa is regarded as the best (and he's only 14), but it's a toss up between him, Fairy Peak, Kuxir, Dappur and Deevo. It comes to the matchups, for example, Deevo can't beat Scrub, Scrub can't beat Fairy, etc. All of them (except Scrub) are also very accomplished players in 3.

Out of those Deevo is mechanically the most gifted and the most attractive to watch but he doesn't play very smart, he makes risky plays, tries to show off and he looses some due to this. He could be the best if he toned it down. He is also the current world champion in 3s along with Turbopolsa and remkoe.
I think Squishy is in the conversation now as well. I'd say he's the best player in the world mechanically, better than Deevo at this point.

In my opinion Scrub has the most potential. If he keeps it up he could really separate himself from almost everyone by the time he's competing in RLCS. It'll take some time though, I still think he's better at 1's than anything else (for now).

I think Squishy is in the conversation now as well. I'd say he's the best player in the world mechanically, better than Deevo at this point.

In my opinion Scrub has the most potential. If he keeps it up he could really separate himself from almost everyone by the time he's competing in RLCS. It'll take some time though, I still think he's better at 1's than anything else (for now).
I was thinking squishy too. Been watching his YouTube channel a lot and he's absolute stud. See Scrub on Johnny bois channel a lot, and yeah he's definitely the best 1s player but seems to get tilted easily probably due to age.

88random

I forgot about Squishy, he is good but I haven't watched him enough. I haven't watch enough NA players at all since Kronovi and Lachinio, EU is much better than NA these days. He's an absolute savage tho, I haven't seen anyone boost stealing and time wasting like him:

https://youtu.be/qkhrQNjMUTU?t=9m50s

He absolutely humiliated Lach in the second half of the match.

Lethamyr is also emerging as a top player, he won 2 NA 1s tournaments in a row beating Dappur in the finals of the first. And he is currently on the top of the 1s leaderboard for season 5. Btw, Scrub is there in the top 5 or 6 with his three accounts, lol.

Wasteland and Starbase ARC will be redesigned as standard arenas in the fall update for both competitive and casual playlists.

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/starbase-arc-wasteland-standard-arenas/

Wasteland_Standard.c6e1dc555a6eff57c623d9877706c9a5.jpg

Starbase-ARC_Standard.jpg

I wish they would have kept the old versions to rotate in with casual playlists. Maybe have the map preference thing be a hard yes/no for the non-standard maps in casual.

Not that I was a real fan of them, but I'll miss 'em all the same. Starbase can be particularly fun in Rumble.

Wasteland and Starbase ARC will be redesigned as standard arenas in the fall update for both competitive and casual playlists.

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/starbase-arc-wasteland-standard-arenas/
This makes me so happy!

I forgot about Squishy, he is good but I haven't watched him enough. I haven't watch enough NA players at all since Kronovi and Lachinio, EU is much better than NA these days. He's an absolute savage tho, I haven't seen anyone boost stealing and time wasting like him:

Lethamyr is also emerging as a top player, he won 2 NA 1s tournaments in a row beating Dappur in the finals of the first. And he is currently on the top of the 1s leaderboard for season 5. Btw, Scrub is there in the top 5 or 6 with his three accounts, lol.
NA is just as good as EU these days, honestly. Not sure what would lead you to say otherwise.

Soulflarz

Banned

Squishy is by far the most consistent mechanical player in the world at the moment- he has random tricks deevo doesn't really do and is very well rounded in that regard.

Leths been top for awhile, if anything I'd argue hes not in his prime anymore outside of 1s- hes very very good, but EU>NA is a dead meme since dreamhack.

Now, EU was around during the flipside dynasty, so it's an easy argument that their top 8 would crush our top 8. However, our top 3 vs their top 3 would be a toss up at best.

Pepiope

Squishy is by far the most consistent mechanical player in the world at the moment- he has random tricks deevo doesn't really do and is very well rounded in that regard.

Leths been top for awhile, if anything I'd argue hes not in his prime anymore outside of 1s- hes very very good, but EU>NA is a dead meme since dreamhack.

Now, EU was around during the flipside dynasty, so it's an easy argument that their top 8 would crush our top 8. However, our top 3 vs their top 3 would be a toss up at best.
The only NA roster that can consistently compete with EU at the moment is NRG. G2 and C9 will have their moments, but they have ways to go to prove they can play at that level consistently. Can't put C9 on the level of the top 2 EU teams just because of 1 LAN win.

Soulflarz

Banned
The only NA roster that can consistently compete with EU at the moment is NRG. G2 and C9 will have their moments, but they have ways to go to prove they can play at that level consistently. Can't put C9 on the level of the top 2 EU teams just because of 1 LAN win.

Fair, C9 also got lucky as f.

People don't wanna admit it with squishy fanboyism but as squishys #1 fan-- they got lucky. They got so so so lucky. Squishy legit did so little for his team, torment carried defense with some nutty half flip saves, gambit was a powerhouse, but EU also didn't show up very well imo.

G2 and C9 are basically their only competition outside of NRG. Maybe another team on a really good day, but eh.

(thats actually why I said top 3 only :p)

Pepiope

Fair, C9 also got lucky as f.

People don't wanna admit it with squishy fanboyism but as squishys #1 fan-- they got lucky. They got so so so lucky. Squishy legit did so little for his team, torment carried defense with some nutty half flip saves, gambit was a powerhouse, but EU also didn't show up very well imo.

G2 and C9 are basically their only competition outside of NRG. Maybe another team on a really good day, but eh.

(thats actually why I said top 3 only :p)
Gambit bb?

Literally asked for Apex Wheels during the stream...

... and I got 'em!

Me asking for 'em: (I had gotten Dominus GT RLCS earlier)

Them delivering:

I know, I know... you can't literally ask for items and expect to receive them, but the odds of this feel nothing short of incredible!

Top Bottom