• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

At first I thought he didn't KNOW he was muted. Then I realized he had to know... but I still cannot understand how he can be so angry that nobody's communicating... WHEN HE'S NOT COMMUNICATING EITHER! wtf?
That's what I was thinking while watching him rage lol.

Always late to the party, but usually already drunk. wooo

I wonder how fast 343 has tried to get Joss Whedon on the phone to direct the Halo movie. A billion dollars already for The Avengers, dayum. Still awesome on the second viewing.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I would try keeping the podcast lean, at least right now. Try one at an hour or so, maybe even 45 minutes of really good content.

Maybe when the E3 stuff drops, then you have a bunch of people on and do a big roundtable for a couple hours. Heck, you could probably even do a Skype livestream after the days events ala Halo Council's stuff or Giant Bomb at E3 if the news is big enough.

It's harder than you would think to keep the podcast short. You look at the rundown and think there's nothing to talk about but it just happens. You just start talking about stuff.

I think we gotta do something special for E3. Not sure what that will be but I wanna do something. I fully expect E3 to be a huge coming out party for H4.

heckfu

Banned
It's harder than you would think to keep the podcast short. You look at the rundown and think there's nothing to talk about but it just happens. You just start talking about stuff.

I think we gotta do something special for E3. Not sure what that will be but I wanna do something. I fully expect E3 to be a huge coming out party for H4.
Heckfu live on Cam4?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Speaking of which, FUD's E3 plans this year are in the making. Like the past few years and multiple events we'll have the best Halo 4 Hub on the internet, the awesome HaloGAF chatroom will be up and running through out the event and maybe a few extra surprises. =)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Speaking of which, FUD's E3 plans this year are in the making. Like the past few years and multiple events we'll have the best Halo 4 Hub on the internet, the awesome HaloGAF chatroom will be up and running through out the event and maybe a few extra surprises. =)

<3 the HaloGAF chat during events. Can't wait!!

feel

I remember Letters (?) kicking a Halo 4 "insider" in the chat. God, that was so funny.
Even if that guy ended up being full of shit like I imagined, something tells me I won't be getting admin privileges in that thing ever again lol

The collective rage at me was palpable

TheOddOne

Even if that guy ended up being full of shit like I imagined, something tells me I won't be getting admin privileges in that thing ever again lol

The collective rage at me was palpable
I don't think there was much rage, but you just kicked him when he was going to say something everybody was waiting. He came back though.

FyreWulff

Invade and lunge, the best combination.
fail-o.gif

that last step's a doozy

I think the length has been fine so far, the issue is that some people aren't going to be interested in all of the things you talked about in each episode. Maybe when Duncan posts to youtube he could list the times on the different topics you discuss (Halo 4@ 1:35:05, Trials @ 57:03, Tashi's inconsistent accent @00:00:01, etc). Whoever posts here to let people know that it's on could also include those times.

I like the show so far, but I mostly listen to it while I'm stuck doing something else, so I don't mind when you talk expansively about topics. Others might be listening just to hear a specific thing though, so a mini show notes is probably a good idea.

TheOddOne

I really enjoy the show because it is more of a regular chill out chat rather than a up tight podcast. It will be more focused when H4 details are spilled, but don't ever change the vibe.
I doubt Bergmann suggestion, which is good, would impact the podcast. It is just for people who want to get to the good stuff, instead of more broader discussions going on.

I for one will be listening to it all, but Bergmann tip would be a timesaver for other people.

I really enjoy the show because it is more of a regular chill out chat rather than a up tight podcast. It will be more focused when H4 details are spilled, but don't ever change the vibe.
Agreed. I don't want the show to lose anything just add show notes as a shortcut.

EDIT: Who the hell is this "Bergmann" guy you all keep talking about?

I agree with Bergman, It wasn't a really reply to him.

I doubt Bergmann suggestion, which is good, would impact the podcast. It is just for people who want to get to the good stuff, instead of more broader discussions going on.

I for one will be listening to it all, but Bergmann tip would be a timesaver for other people.

The Roche&#8482;.

Edit: The Roche kinda beat me to it, but whatever.

Some punk who I very much doubt plays video games, Nevermind halo. :p
It's not that I don't play video games, I just don't play them well.

True story: yesterday was the first day I was exposed to speed flag. I didn't know that you could sprint with flag, shoot, change weapons etc, so when I was carrying the flag I started shooting a guy and assumed I had dropped the flag. I turned around to pick it back up again and it wasn't there so I again assumed that a teammate had grabbed it. Then heckfu (I think) politely informed me that I was still carrying the flag. I'm a genus!

Your service tag is Breg or something. I think I even called you Berg in game....So it was automatic. EVERYONE I KNOW HAS A BERG IN THEIR LAST NAME /excuse
Also, adapt.

True story 2: My gamertag comes from a baseball game I was watching on TV. At the time I was big into fantasy baseball and knew everything about every major and minor league baseball player, including what drugs they were taking and which playboy models they were dating. There was a fly ball and the announcer said "Craig Munroe shades to his left" which I heard as "Bregmann Rowshay is to his left". Having never heard of a baseball player named "Bregmann Rowshay" I went berserk asking my friends questions like "where did this guy come from?" and "is he any good?" and "how the fuck did I not know the name of a starting outfielder on the Tigers?". They kindly informed me that I misheard the name and then I was mocked and branded with the name for eternity.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

True story: yesterday was the first day I was exposed to speed flag. I didn't know that you could sprint with flag, shoot, change weapons etc, so when I was carrying the flag I started shooting a guy and assumed I had dropped the flag. I turned around to pick it back up again and it wasn't there so I again assumed that a teammate had grabbed it. Then heckfu (I think) politely informed me that I was still carrying the flag. I'm a genus!

What genus are you?

Biology typo burn

TheOddOne

image.php

HeckFu being polite, that's a good one! Ha, ha, ha.

<3

I never realized "What the fuck is our flag guy doing?" was polite.

That's probably the most polite way that thought has ever been communicated over Xbox Live.

Also: if anyone can tell me why I get disconnected ONLY during BTB games and ONLY when playing those BTB games with GAF people, that would be great.

True story 2: My gamertag comes from a baseball game I was watching on TV. At the time I was big into fantasy baseball and knew everything about every major and minor league baseball player, including what drugs they were taking and which playboy models they were dating. There was a fly ball and the announcer said "Craig Munroe shades to his left" which I heard as "Bregmann Rowshay is to his left". Having never heard of a baseball player named "Bregmann Rowshay" I went berserk asking my friends questions like "where did this guy come from?" and "is he any good?" and "how the fuck did I not know the name of a starting outfielder on the Tigers?". They kindly informed me that I misheard the name and then I was mocked and branded with the name for eternity.

Dude does post game shows for the Tigers now.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Last night some MLG Pros caught a stream of BTB and wanted to match up against the BigTeamBattle guys, they played 13 games. Check out the rebroadcast here.

I like his gameplay, but his stupid "voices," like that "oneshot, oneshot" thing, he does when he thinks he's funny are annoying as shit.

They also went around the other playlists like Arena, shitting on kids last night.

Edit: Looks like you posted the whole night, which probably includes those arena games.

Top Bottom