• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1-2 Switch near 1 million shipped, Super Bomberman R > 500k, Snipperclips >350k

thefro

From Nintendo's Financial Results Briefing:

Kimishima said:
1-2-Switch, which was also released at the same
time as Nintendo Switch, is likewise on track to ship
one million units very soon

Kimishima said:
The download-only title Snipperclips ‑ Cut it out,
together! was developed over a short period by an
indie developer. Its boisterous play style that gets
people working together has been highly praised,
and it has already been downloaded over 350
thousand times worldwide.

Third-party publishers have also had a strong start
for their software releases. Among these, Nintendo
shipped over 500,000 units of Konami Digital
Entertainment's SUPER BOMBERMAN R in March;

less than a month since the release of Nintendo
Switch.

That's amazing that Kimishima actually addressed Bomberman and it being such a huge success. o_O

The former might be because Nintendo was the one to get Konami to even do this in the first place, likely in the same meeting that greenlit Momotaro 2017 for 3DS.

Edit: Woah, and that's just in March! o_O

noshten

Well even Snipperclips is doing better than I anticipated

So close to 50K, another success story for the Switch - very much expect Snipperclips to have surpassed 300K WW at this stage - 500K is doable for the year due to it's price. Wonder if there are other similar smaller projects Nintendo has been working on for the Switch.

Also Bomberman still not in Bombabins

In terms of the launch I think games that embrace the local multiplayer that the Switch is able to provide will do well on the system as it's a major selling point. If Bomberman R wasn't a game you could play against 8 other people I'd pass but just the fact that it has that online and local component means I will wait and snag it when it goes down a bit in price. 1 2 Switch is something I will buy simply because I want to get an idea about the rumble and functionality of the controls. Personally I'm treating my 1 2 Switch purchase as a tech demo for the joycons.

So very much in line with expectations in terms of the complimentary games around the launch

Looking forward numbers from some indies

TZchassis

Snipperclips deserves more sales. I hope that Nintendo features it more. You literally can't see it in the store anymore. Also maybe sell it for 9.99 after 6 months or so

Bomberman breaking 500k... Holy shit! What a time to be alive!

Snipperclips feels like it's been the sleeper hit of the launch lineup. I almost wish it had a physical version. The wording makes me feel like they're pleasantly surprised by its results.

rhandino

Banned
Holy shit, no wonder they are supporting Bomberman with DLC and patches.

Great job!

I can only wonder what was capcom thinking by not having a port of the new MonHun for Switch.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If Bomberman keeps selling well, can we get a real MGS game from Konami?
The whole idea of shutting down KojiPro was that Konami wanted out of AAA in favor of cheaper service games like this on mobile and PC/console.

This just reinforces their strategy.

random25

Snipperclips flexing its muscles in the e-shop.

Bomberman R bringing Konami "Before Pachinko Timeline" back.

1-2-Switch slaps anyone here who predicted it to be a bomba.

ubiblu

I'm unashamed to say that I think 1-2 Switch is a genuinely great mini-game compilation for newcomers and non-gamers. Add in some alcohol and house rules (telephone mini-game with controllers across the room), and your enjoyment of the game is only bound by your creativity.

If you play it with a limited 'gamer' audience, it's an overpriced piece of shit after the first hour. We get it.

maruchan

lol what happend to all of those people who said that bomberman was overpriced and no one was going to buy it, and that it would hit the bargin bin within a month...

lol

Zukkoyaki

Keep the budget revivals coming, Konami. Time them well between major Nintendo releases and I'm sure you'll be rewarded (hopefully).

Eliseo

But noooooo, bomberman it's going to sell 50k ltd because of ltd price
cheap bastards
I'm glad it's going great, if they keep fixing it and make it better 50 bucks shouldn't be a problem.

Nanashrew

Banned
so happy for Bomberman, and I hope to see an even bigger and better sequel! Also everyone should be out there playing Snipperclips, that game deserves to be played, especially with one other person around or a group of people.

TreIII

Excellent. Keep giving Hexadrive work, Nintendo! And let's get Good Feel on a Goemon game, while you're at it!

Welfare

Incredible results for Bomberman and Snipperclips! Benefiting from a sparse release schedule and getting on Switch first.

Kebiinu

Banned
Very impressive for all titles. Just picked up Snipperclips, and I'm about to buy Bomberman along with Mario Kart! I hope for more success stories with third parties and smaller scale titles!

sinonobu

Banned
Okay since Bomberman is selling well I hope Konami and Nintendo works together to bring up some dormant franchises back like Castlevania, Goemong, etc.

If they wanna go bigger budget they can even aim for Silent Hill, MGS, ZOE, etc.

Meier

Didn't realize that Snipperclips was developed by a small U.K. studio. Cool that Nintendo partnered with them.

Top Bottom