• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

If it takes 2 spears to put away Kane, it's more than it took to put away Joe or Cena

Big Dog having a tough road to ending Brock for sure, can he overcome all these odds

I just caught up on Raw.

When Kane showed up I think the amount of laughter almost killed me.

You can't make this dumb shit up. Like it's actually fucking Kane. In 2017 it's Kane. Again.

haven't been watching a lot of Raw lately, Why is Sasha Banks fighting on the pre-show to the PPV?

Real answer is Asuka's been called up from NXT. Traditionally NXT callups, especially for the womens division, means less time and opportunity for people they don't currently have plans for. When MYC people start making the main roster it's going to be impossible for her, Emma, etc to get TV time. Already is impossible for people like Summer

I don't think you were paying attention if you think her feud with Charlotte was solely designed to make Charlotte look good. That feud was as evenly booked as any in recent memory.

So which of the women's title scenes hasn't revolved around a blond white girl over the last few years? WWE has done a great job in making it look like Charlotte was the most significant of the four horse women when she was the only one without a memorable feud in NXT.

Mahonay

Banned
Woah Kane came back? What the FUCK
DVbg1H8.jpg

Zabka

I don't think you were paying attention if you think her feud with Charlotte was solely designed to make Charlotte look good. That feud was as evenly booked as any in recent memory.

Even booking doesn't mean everyone comes out looking equal. The title was hotshotted to Sasha on TV three times so Charlotte could have triumphant PPV match wins at SummerSlam, Hell in a Cell and Roadblock, which lead to the current "Sasha is incapable of winning title defenses" storyline that was cemented when Alexa ended her 8-day reign, and their feud, with a clean pin.

Do you think Sasha came out of her feud with Charlotte on equal footing with that albatross on her neck?

Pretty sure Sasha Banks is the only woman they give a match to most of the time on PPV even if she’s not in the title picture, the rest just get forgotten about usually.

Zabka

Get that shit out of here.
I'm surprised someone thinks that's a a controversial suggestion considering the history, and present, of WWE.

Pretty sure Sasha Banks is the only woman they give a match to most of the time on PPV even if she’s not in the title picture, the rest just get forgotten about usually.

Here's a pretty good article on her since she came up: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...wwe-raw-after-latest-womens-championship-loss

Banks isn't getting the Emma treatment by any stretch, but the WWE hasn't fully invested in her.

In what it is a gross undervaluing of what she can bring to the table, she's a component, not a cornerstone. She's the means to elevate other warriors, the test Superstars have to pass before ruling the women's division.

The WWE positioned The Boss as the foil that pushed Flair. She's been the sympathetic victim to highlight Jax's monstrous ways. And on Monday's Raw, Bliss stepped over her fallen body to her next big-time feud.

Hex

Banned
Is the Pumpkin Balor thing actually real?

On one hand I am glad, I think it is an awesome design especially for this time of year.
Evil Scarecrows are a thing of mine. (Plus it is kind of like Sam from Trick R Treat).
I miss when Finn would do different paints and characters.

On the other hand, that transforming thing was carny as fuck, I mean taking it waaaaaay back carny and the Wyatt thing is that magnified by 100000000

So which of the women's title scenes hasn't revolved around a blond white girl over the last few years? WWE has done a great job in making it look like Charlotte was the most significant of the four horse women when she was the only one without a memorable feud in NXT.

Charlotte has proven that she deserves that push though. She's been great in a majority of her feuds and matches on the main roster. She's had the best matches with Sasha, Becky, and Bayley since they've been on the main roster. None of those women have had matches as good when not against her. Now you can blame that on booking or whatever, but let's not act like Charlotte is someone undeserving of her spot.

And Bliss coming out of NXT was someone people wanted to see. Go back to that SD PPV when Becky won the title. Everyone wanted her to feud with Bliss first. And everyone was excited when Bliss came to Raw. Bliss is over, so they push her. It's not some hard and fast rule.

Even booking doesn't mean everyone comes out looking equal. The title was hotshotted to Sasha on TV three times so Charlotte could have triumphant PPV match wins at SummerSlam, Hell in a Cell and Roadblock, which lead to the current "Sasha is incapable of winning title defenses" storyline that was cemented when Alexa ended her 8-day reign, and their feud, with a clean pin.

Do you think Sasha came out of her feud with Charlotte on equal footing with that albatross on her neck?

I don't think Sasha came out better than she went in, but I'd say that about most WWE feuds, men or women. WWE is just bad at getting babyfaces over and Charlotte was the heel and Sasha was the face. Attributing it to malice is misguided. Let's not forget the plan was Sasha/Bayley for the title over the summer before they decided to do the Shakeup, so it's not like they are opposed to centering the division on her.

I think WWE is petty and stupid about a lot of things, but I also think that too often people are too quick to try and attribute some devious motive to what is actually just idiotic booking.

Are some people seriously arguing Charlotte and Bliss are where they are because of their hair colour and not because Charlotte is the company's best all a around woman wrestler (in ring + mic) and Bliss is the best talker in the women's division?

Also ummm it's not like Charlotte came out hot after her feud with Bayley ended and she went to SD and got stupidly turned face... she literally became an afterthought after a few weeks on Smackdown and has only become important again in the past few weeks.

Dario Cueto's State of the Union Address

Good preview of Wednesday night's show, and I really appreciated the last part, even if it is in character.

Really expecting a good show. Since this might be the final episode (it's definitely the last episode for a lot of folks) I expect a lot of the plot threads to get tied up too. We better get to see who the hell the dude in the limo is.

Hex

Banned
Are some people seriously arguing Charlotte and Bliss are where they are because of their hair colour and not because Charlotte is the company's best all a around woman wrestler (in ring + mic) and Bliss is the best talker in the women's division?

Yet again.

Top Bottom