• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Morlas

so do we agree that
the new super warrior is probably Caulifla or Kale,
because why would 115 be about the ultimate saiyan showdown if it wasn't

A bit out of topi for but I hate when someone suddenly notice that power levels are bullshit and read a little about the "Toriyama forgot" plot holes then comes out with the smart hot take that "Toriyama has always been a bad writer".

I don't get how can anybody says the Toriyama is a bad writer with a straight face. I mean, lazy writer? Sure, but he's also insanely talented.

His characters are insanely likeable with nearly each one of them with his own fanbase. His dialogue is sharp, funny, and mindblowingly badass when it needs to be. He knows how to make each arc interesting with its twists and turns. He knows when to retire certain characters and how to introduce new ones. And on the top of all of that, his character dynamics are some of the best.

That's on the top of him being a terrific comic artist with page composition that I still believe is the best in the industry all these years later.

The original Dragon Ball manga was and still is a terrific comic book and one of the best in the whole genre. It's certainly not a nostalgia thing like it's popular to say nowadays. I feel like it's a FFVII situation where the product went full cycle from overrated to underrated and doubted.

NeonZ

so do we agree that
the new super warrior is probably Caulifla or Kale,
because why would 115 be about the ultimate saiyan showdown if it wasn't

I really doubt they're going to get an uninterrupted 3 episode battle, which is the implication if the "new warrior" just references one of the Saiyans. They'll start fighting next week, then the other one is the new warrior and the episode afterwards is the one with the "ultimate Saiyan Showdown" highlight.

caliph95

Anime Jiren: it's over

Manga Jiren according to FJO823: Hey girl come here often, bet you came to see the perfect specimen and the greatest hero, this guy

LotusHD

Banned
Well, at least he made Toppo more impressive strength-wise than the anime.

Just like their take on the Black arc, I find it hard to care about characters being stronger, or the power levels being more consistent, if their characterization ain't on point, if I'm not being entertained at a level equivalent to the anime's take on things. Meh.

HeroR

While true while there is criticism with the fights in super

The fight in the anime was better

I like both for different reasons, although Goku going through all his forms seem kind-of-force. I prefer the anime's Super Saiyan and then Blue.

Compared to everyone else in that tournament, how is Jiren a dick?

Jiren threw his team to the wolves by not doing anything when Super Saiyan God Goku jumped in to help Hit, especially since he identified them as fighters who would caused the most trouble.

He then sits on his butt and goes, 'no one left to fight', while Vegeta, Frieza, and Kale are still in the ring. While they're nothing to him, these three could give trouble to his remaining teammates and U11 is already hurting in numbers. So at least he could have taken out anyone within range of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, but nope, I'm done.

Toppo did almost the same, except I don't think he's a dick. I just think he's a terrible leader.

Just like their take on the Black arc, I find it hard to care about characters being stronger, or the power levels being more consistent, if their characterization ain't on point, if I'm not being entertained at a level equivalent to the anime's take on things. Meh.

People keep saying that, but it really isn't. Like how did Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta match Super Saiyan 1/2 Black when Super Saiyan 2 Trunks is equal to Super Saiyan 3 Goku and Black beat the shit out of Super Saiyan 2 Trunks in base. Better, how the hell did Vegeta's Gamma attack completely wasted two Merged Zamasus when it took Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku just to match one? And why is sucking in the aura of any form makes your strength jumped so much?

The anime has some weirdness too like Super Saiyan 2 Trunks blocking and knocking Rose Black into a building, but the events I listed in the manga stands out since it seems Toyo forgot his own writing, while with the anime we can pretend Trunks rage boosted or something.

But more than that, I am still mad about that giant ass plot hole Toyo created for himself.

Okay, that manga chapter was pretty awesome.

Get the
feeling someone was holding back big time, you guys know who.

Toppo is way cooler in the manga imo. I also like how the story is playing out in the manga quite a bit.

LotusHD

Banned
People keep saying that, but it really isn't. Like how did Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta match Super Saiyan 1/2 Black when Super Saiyan 2 Trunks is equal to Super Saiyan 3 Goku and Black beat the shit out of Super Saiyan 2 Trunks in base. Better, how the hell did Vegeta's Gamma attack completely wasted two Merged Zamasus when it took Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku just to match one? And why is sucking in the aura of any form makes your strength jumped so much?

The anime has some weirdness too like Super Saiyan 2 Trunks blocking and knocking Rose Black into a building, but the events I listed in the manga stands out since it seems Toyo forgot his own writing, while with the anime we can pretend Trunks rage boosted or something.

I suppose, I just generally hear less complaints in that aspect where the manga is concerned, but I don't really care either way.

HeroR

I suppose, I just generally hear less complaints in that aspect where the manga is concerned, but I don't really care either way.

I noticed in general that people tend to complained less about the manga in general since it seems to be a sacred cow for many. I mean, some fans get salty if you criticized the manga at all, like pointing out that giant plot hole Toyo made with Merged Zamasu, which is honestly the worse thing he has written.

bachikarn

Okay, that manga chapter was pretty awesome.

Get the
feeling someone was holding back big time, you guys know who.

Toppo is way cooler in the manga imo. I also like how the story is playing out in the manga quite a bit.

So GoDs are banned from the tournament because they are too good but it is okay for Jiren,
who is stronger than a GoD is okay? Maybe that's how they will deal with him in the manga lol. Zeno will ban him.

I noticed in general that people tend to complained less about the manga in general since it seems to be a sacred cow for many. I mean, some fans get salty if you criticized the manga at all, like pointing out that giant plot hole Toyo made with Merged Zamasu, which is honestly the worse thing he has written.
Just to be clear we’re talking about fans in general right not here? Cuz a lot of ppl in here been tearing that manga apart since day one like the anime was a sacred cow

Tsunamo

There's no way Zeno isn't a meta joke about the fanbase. I laughed at how Beerus immediately told him to skip 2 and go to 3 and Zeno got all excited for scary looking Goku
So GoDs are banned from the tournament because they are too good but it is okay for Jiren,
who is stronger than a GoD is okay? Maybe that's how they will deal with him in the manga lol. Zeno will ban him.
I think it was moreso their fights were messy and unwatchable for Zeno. Not like it breaks any rules but having Jiren be allowed to enter even if he is overpowered, he's still a mortal and Toppo and Goku were having a battles on the level of Gods anyway.

Top Bottom