• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE announces that Kurt Angle will return to the ring

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwetlc/article/kurt-angle-returns-replace-roman-reigns-at-wwe-tlc-aj-styles-the-demon

After an outbreak of viral meningitis around the locker room, WWE announced that Kurt Angle will replace Roman Reigns this Sunday in the TLC 3 on 4 match.

Bray Wyatt will also be replaced by AJ Styles to face Finn Balor, leaving wrestling fans to wonder what could have been:

RuUYPzc.jpg

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
I thought they wouldn't allow Kurt to wrestle because of his neck. Is AJ Styles facing "the Demon" or just regular Finn Balor?

bionic77

This is the real life version of "If he dies, he dies"

Jesus what a bunch of stupid assholes to let him back in the ring. He obviously should have the decision taken away from him.

The Ummah

Banned
Ok, AJ/Finn should be good. I'm surprised they are throwing Kurt into the ring this soon, thought it would've been a slow buildup towards Wrasslemania with him facing his son (lol).

CLEAR DANIEL BRYAN

Wow this is all extremely crazy.

This just turned Finn’s match into gold, and the main event into peak curiosity.

Such a shame to give away Kurt Angle’s return to wresting like this though. He should be an annual match at WrestleMania like The Undertaker was. And of all the matches a guy with broken freakin’ neck problems needs: a dangerous plunder match.

TraBuch

Banned
Two things.

Is this actually a TLC match? Because it seems crazy that they’re hesitant to put him in the ring, even though we all knew they would eventually, and when they finally do decide to put him in the ring, it’s in a match where crazy spots are the big draw.

And this seems like a waste. A Kurt Angle comeback match should be after a long build up.

Wwe continues to be absolute garbage. Glad I haven't watched in 10+ years.

Kurt should never be allowed back in the ring with his injuries. And a tlc match? This is a joke, the man could die.

fhqwhgads

Damn, I can only hope that everyone gets better soon. Must really suck to have to change plans so rapidly and on the fly, but such is wrestling. I'm praying Angle takes it easy and doesn't do anything dumb, stick to Angle Slamming Braun and I'll be happy.

norm9

Could be a way to fast track Jason into the main event scene. Concerned son comes out as Hero and takes over for Jurt.

Ohh.. cool for Angle

But cool, this sunday AJ was going to be at a Live Event here at Chile, being one of the main attractions, and now he won't lol good thing I didn't buy any tickets.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Why does half the locker room have meningitis?

For a group thats constantly travelling to different countries, you'd think WWE would get them vaccinated.

HeavenlyE

Wwe continues to be absolute garbage. Glad I haven't watched in 10+ years.

Kurt should never be allowed back in the ring with his injuries. And a tlc match? This is a joke, the man could die.
I think you're overestimating how fucked up Angle is, he was still wrestling on the indies before he got resigned by the WWE. His last match on the indies was a steel cage match against Cody Rhodes

DogDude

I think you're overestimating how fucked up Angle is, he was still wrestling on the indies before he got resigned by the WWE. His last match on the indies was a steel cage match against Cody Rhodes
I mean just because indies will book literally anything and have no standards doesn't mean anything.

But I do think wwe tend to do their diligence with this stuff these days.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Some dirt sheets are saying it's mumps

That sounds even worse.

Arent MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccinations mandatory in America? In Canada kids get kicked out of school and arent let back in until they get vaccinated.

Chopper

Whilst part of me is excited, the other part can't help but think that WWE are blowing their load on two major angles here. Why not put Balor in the TLC match?

kirblar

That sounds even worse.

Arent MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccinations mandatory in America? In Canada kids get kicked out of school and arent let back in until they get vaccinated.
They definitely are. Viral meningitis vaccination only happens if you're going into a college dorm or the military or something like that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Whilst part of me is excited, the other part can't help but think that WWE are blowing their load on two major angles here. Why not put Balor in the TLC match?
Because the event was sold as the Shield reunion match.

Top Bottom