• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix trademarked Deus Ex: Human Defiance [The film]

Amagon

w9MckBO.gif

Riposte

I'd like to see what the environments they'll put out for next-gen.

If you set it decades later, you risk running into Deus Ex 1 time period where mech-augs are old gray golems at flea markets to scare the children, or even worse, post-Deus Ex 1 (AKA the Unspoken Years).

They could always make the real Deus Ex 2 (well, as "real" as you could expect in 2013+).

I asked for this.

My obsession with the first was crazy. Two playthroughs from Tuesday release to friday. Got my 1000. Redboxed the PS3 version and platinumed it that saturday/sunday. I cant remember the last time something like that happened. What was so weird is that until the week before release, i had near zero hype, then it hit my like a fucking train.

While i doubt i can repeat that now that i started grad school, i want those feelings again.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Human Revolution was amazing. Another one from the same team is among my most anticipated games.

We need some info on Thief 4 too.

If you set it decades later, you risk running into Deus Ex 1 time period where mech-augs are old gray golems at flea markets to scare the children, or even worse, post-Deus Ex 1 (AKA the Unspoken Years).

Why not. Jensen's life has been artificially extended and he's lived past those years maybe. Or perhaps it'll be a story about old technology being outstripped by new technology and the world moving on. Or have Jensen simply outlast nanotechnology and we'll see where the future went after the other games.

Squire

Banned
capture6tumd.png

I'm guessing it's the Wii U version of HR rumored. maybe new game?

New game. I'm guessing HR is coming to Wii U because this one will be.

Why is this even happening...The game will be almost 2 years old if it's actually released on the WiiU. Surely they could have spent their money porting something more recent and not sure to bomb

Either

port for Wii U and some exclusive content

new game that is starting development as Theif 4 comes to a close

Doubt they could make a new DE game in such a short time; probably the new Wii U version.

Are you guys serious? It's a trademark for the inevitable sequel. This is starting to make Wii U owners look (understandably) desperate.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No, new character. I donn't wan to play Jensen again. None of the main Deus Ex characters have that much personality outside of funny videos.

New character, new city pls

Are you guys serious? It's a trademark for the inevitable sequel. This is starting to make Wii U owners look (understandably) desperate.
I don't own a Wii U and honestly don't have any plan to get one until I clear at least some of my PSP backlog -_- And HR was one of the very very few HD games I got on PC.

I just don't think they want to make one DE after another; it seems they will treat it with more care; well, that's what I hope for

Derrick01

Banned
Nice. Here's hoping they learned from their many gameplay mistakes in the first game. Needs to be a lot closer to the first game.

Why not. Jensen's life has been artificially extended and he's lived past those years maybe. Or perhaps it'll be a story about old technology being outstripped by new technology and the world moving on. Or have Jensen simply outlast nanotechnology and we'll see where the future went after the other games.

Adam would be over 80 years old, have to have lived past at least one (probably 2) apocalyptic collapses of society (or three, if you count the Gray Death and economic collapse pre-DX1), and live in a world where's he's practically like a telegraph in a world of smartphones.

Mlatador

Banned
Ok, since everyone is guessing.

What if it's an eqivalent of an expension pack of Deus Ex: Human Revolution for Wii U? Basically Deus Ex: Human Revolution + Deus Ex: Human Defiance (expansion pack) as one game?

Adam would be over 80 years old, have to have lived past at least one (probably 2) apocalyptic collapses of society, and live in a world where's he's practically like a telegraph in a world of smartphones.

If anyone could pull it off while staying a total badass, it'd be Adam goddamn Jensen. Maybe he's kept upgrading himself over the years, first with augmentation, then with nanomachines, then with whatever.

If anyone could pull it off while staying a total badass, it'd be Adam goddamn Jensen. Maybe he's kept upgrading himself over the years, first with augmentation, then with nanomachines, then with whatever.

Nanoaugmention and biomods require organic flesh to work off of. Adam's got half of a torso and most of his head.

Squire

Banned
Then why quote my post?

I clearly stated that the Human Revolution port would now make sense if they were making a sequel that would hit the Wii U as a platform.

They wouldn't be making a sequel that'll hit Wii U. They have absolutely no incentive to put it out on that platform and won't any time soon.

But I could've left out your post. My mistake.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can it just star Wei Fucking Shen?

Who cares if it makes no sense

Total cyborg Wei Shen. Augmented voice style, 'WEI.SHEN.MOTHER.FUCKER.INQUIRY.ABOUT.YOUR.IDENTITY'

Would a prequel be too far back? Tong Si Hung game would be awesome.

rrs

Hopefully a sequel doesn't try to ride off the fame too much and wind up being a misdirected mess. There is so much that could be expanded on.

I don't think it's desperation as much as this is based on the huge hints on GAF regarding an AAA SQEX game being developed/ported by the Aussie studio that ported MassEffect 3.

SJRB

Gold Member
I asked for this!!

/lame joke, but holy shit a new Deus Ex would be the best thing ever.

Coxswain

I'd rather they set it not long after Human Revolution. I liked the era better - things hadn't completely collapsed into shit yet, but you could still kind of see the writing on the wall. Plus, given modern-day video game visuals, mechanical augmentations are just cooler than nano-augs.

The ending of HR kind of rules out the scenario that I'd like most for a sequel, though: Adam is back, and still working for Sarif even with all the dirty laundry from the first game having been aired out between them. Or maybe it's just that I really liked Sarif. Either way, it'd probably have to be a new guy, unless they're willing to just pick one ending as canon.

Wallach

I'd rather they set it not long after Human Revolution. I liked the era better - things hadn't completely collapsed into shit yet, but you could still kind of see the writing on the wall. Plus, given modern-day video game visuals, mechanical augmentations are just cooler than nano-augs.

The ending of HR kind of rules out the scenario that I'd like most for a sequel, though: Adam is back, and still working for Sarif even with all the dirty laundry from the first game having been aired out between them. Or maybe it's just that I really liked Sarif. Either way, it'd probably have to be a new guy, unless they're willing to just pick one ending as canon.

I liked Sarif a lot, too. I was pretty surprised to see how many people hated him and his VA in the OT.

Top Bottom