• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Community Thread | It's not over yet! -Cancelled- WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOR!?

Boney

Banned
Command Mission had the best artstyle imo

q6Wih.jpg

Speaking of Command Mission, was that game any good?
It's very very tedious, and was even ugly back in the day. Worst christmas present ever, spent 100 bucks on it :/

Wait where am I

I always imagined 3D X would be like Vanquish.

That'd be delicious.

Or this too. That would probably work better now that I think about it. I would love if they made MMX9 in the style of Vanquish, but with the typical pattern of a Mega Man game. Obviously there would need to be a lot more content. No one is going to pay $60 for a 2 hour game, hahaha.

Maybe they could make a game similar to Legends or Majora's Mask. One major town, and different areas of the world split up into each boss's areas. With lots of side quests and side missions. And definitely some of the RPG elements that the X series got.

Maybe they could make a game similar to Legends or Majora's Mask. One major town, and different areas of the world split up into each boss's areas. With lots of side quests and side missions. And definitely some of the RPG elements that the X series got.
lol, Sounds like Legends to me. It would have a different visual style and set-up, of course, but that progression structure is quite similar.

Man, I just want another Legends game, and I want it to last. Even a new Misadventures of Tron Bonne would suffice. Except I want one starring Roll Caskett, the fearless gold-digger of Terra.

I don't see what's so bad about XOver, I mean is there any gameplay vids of it yet that actually show how the game plays?
Off-screen footage.

Auto-run, jerky scrolling, lame character designs, shoddy customization system, iOS. But, hey, it's got some X-py wearing Leon Kennedy's techno-jacket. Not bad!

nubbe

Battle Network 1,2 & 6 are great. Even the anime was entertaining.

Starforce is crap ~~~ They can't have play tested it

Tizoc

The 5 seconds of gameplay we got in the new trailer didn't look very good to put it lightly.

Those 5 seconds don't really tell much, all I could make out of it is that there is a customization system of sorts.
I'll give you a hint.... the iphone doesn't have any buttons and it's a megaman game...

So? I got an iPhone and what games I played on it were fine. There's even a thread for iOS gaming and ranking of iOS games, which feature a few action games.

You know what X series game I'm really fond of?

478173_44287_front.jpg

Would have never guessed that the series would transition to a two button handheld as well as it did. I remember having a lot of fun with it when it released. (First game wasn't too bad, either.)

478173_44287_front.jpg

Would have never guessed that the series would transition to a two button handheld as well as it did. I remember having a lot of fun with it when it released. (First game wasn't too bad, either.)

Yes! I really hope Capcom eventually gets around to releasing these on 3DS VC, but given how long it's fucking taking just for the second Gameboy MM to come out, it'll probably be two years after the 3DS is dead. Just like with how they treated the Wii Virtual Console.

478173_44287_front.jpg

I don't know... it was a PITA to try and dash/jump off of anything since you had to try and press select, the jump button, and a direction to go all at the same time.

Yes! I really hope Capcom eventually gets around to releasing these on 3DS VC, but given how long it's fucking taking just for the second Gameboy MM to come out, it'll probably be two years after the 3DS is dead. Just like with how they treated the Wii Virtual Console.
To be fair, a lot of the onus there is on Nintendo.

I don't know... it was a PITA to try and dash/jump off of anything since you had to try and press select, the jump button, and a direction to go all at the same time.
Couldn't you just double-tap the direction you wanted to dash in? I'm pretty sure some Mega Man X games had that feature... Mega Man & Bass on the GBA, too, that one I know for certain.

Tizoc

I'll get to watching that when I get home (no YT at work =_=)
Mind you I'm not trying to 'defend' the game, but if there's one thing I've noticed is that gamers would bash a game when it gets announced but then flip a 180 when they play it and it gets released.

...but really the Megaman and X series have lots of games already, don't see what a new game would do *shrugs* Although I would like a Command Mission 2 which expands on teh jRPG and world of the series.

I honestly think Mega Man died after X6. And then he got a bit revived after the release of Battle Network 1-3 (amazing games), then he died again. Then Mega Man 9 and 10 came out yet again reviving him and then he just died again. X5 and X6 were actually pretty bad as well, I meant to say he died after X4. Oh yeah, Mega man X Command Mission was fucking amazing as well.

R.I.P, it's still one of my favourite franchises and I hope to make a game one day with a formula similar to the classics or X series.

Oh right, maybe Inafune will make his own new franchise just like Mega man?

Mind you I'm not trying to 'defend' the game, but if there's one thing I've noticed is that gamers would bash a game when it gets announced but then flip a 180 when they play it and it gets released.

...but really the Megaman and X series have lots of games already, don't see what a new game would do *shrugs* Although I would like a Command Mission 2 which expands on teh jRPG and world of the series.
The big problem I have with X Over is that, even if the game turns out to be well-made, it's not the kind of game that's going to appease disheartened MM fans. Something Rockman Universe would have been better, even if that game looked like a WIP. A game that celebrates the entire franchise and doesn't simply ignore the best game mechanics and visual stylings of each series!

Legends, at the time, did a good job of transferring common game mechanics and visual elements into 3D form. We should have gotten Legends 3 for the franchise's anniversary, or at least something that would work along those lines.

To be fair, a lot of the onus there is on Nintendo.

Couldn't you just double-tap the direction you wanted to dash in? I'm pretty sure some Mega Man X games had that feature... Mega Man & Bass on the GBA, too, that one I know for certain.

Try and double tap away from a wall you're sliding down while still being on said wall, let me know how it works out for you ;)

Really? I never had much of a problem with it.

Pretty sure the Select button was only used for switching weapons in the Xtreme games. Wall kicking generally worked the same as it always did, and dashing/air dashing was double tapping a direction or Down+A.

Edit: Ah, I see what you mean. The game controlled pretty well in spite of that, though.

Tizoc

The big problem I have with X Over is that, even if the game turns out to be well-made, it's not the kind of game that's going to appease disheartened MM fans.
I wish I could feel for them if not for the fact if, and FYI I was an SNK fan, Capcom release a new Megaman game with traditioanl gameplay and nice 2D/2.5D graphics, they'll all go 'Capcom <3'. ...plus I didn't feel that disheartned when those 2 games got canceled =/
Something Rockman Universe would have been better, even if that game looked like a WIP. A game that celebrates the entire franchise and doesn't simply ignore the best game mechanics and visual stylings of each series!
I dunno about Visual stylings, and while I liked the graphical presentation of Universe, I don't think evereyone does.
Non the less, an LBP style Megaman game is what I would expect for a modern Megaman game on current gen consoles.
I even have an idea for such a game but I'd need to write it down to give you the basic concept.
Legends, at the time, did a good job of transferring common game mechanics and visual elements into 3D form. We should have gotten Legends 3 for the franchise's anniversary, or at least something that would work along those lines.
I'm an optimist, strange as that'll sound especially with me being a Megaman fan and posting on this thread. You can say I'm in denial if you want as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if Capcpom gave Ubisoft/Ancell or Inafune's company the chance to make a Megaman or Legends game.

AS FOR the anniversary Capcpom has in store, I just want an HD/PS2 classics release of Command Mission and X8.

shaowebb

On a more positive note The Protomen teased act 3 by playing a new song when they were performing at PAX. At least these guys give is quality Mega related goodness.

Ifrit

Too bad they ruined him in Zero 4.

I was really, REALLY hoping they were building him up to be a
revived version of Dr. Wily
, but they blew it. It would have been amazing to go full circle.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed it didn't turn out that way.

Still, MMZero has probably the best story of the franchise and an actual ending for a change. Also loved that you fight a different final boss in every game.

On another note, I really loved MMX, specially in the MMX Collection. No slowdown Motherfuckers!!!

Also, I'll beat MMX5 Signma with vanilla X before I die, mark my words. Fuck those purple cubes

Jezan

D:

I don't feel that bad knowing that X6 is actually pretty hard, I still need to finish it.

I had a really hard time against the last Sigma in X1, I finished X3, and then X2 and finally X1. X1 was harder IMO :(

Also that stage in X5 where you need to use Dark hold, seriously who came up with that idea?

Am I the only one that prefers the look of Zero's saber in X6?
X3 and X6 had a nice looking saber, but in X4 and X5 ( TvsC and MvsC3) it looks more like a whip.

Is that so? This is the first time I heard about this.
It's been a while since I debated over it at Capcom-Unity, but there are some ties between the Master System /
Elder System
time-regions of the Legends games and the tail-end of the ZX time-region. We were speculating on the nature of the Systems way back then.

EVOL 100%

I just realized that if Wily won in Mega Man 1 when he was relaitvely harmless the world wouldn't have ended up as such a clusterfuck for the next 500 years or so.

When literally the only not negative thing anyone that could try it has had to say about it is "well, it's just a demo" I really doubt that's gonna happen. I haven't heard a single good thing about it so far.

Graphics? Animates like crap and almost everything is reused from X1 so far. Music? Reused. Gameplay? Shoot stuff while the game slowly autoscrolls and then turns into a turn based battle at bosses, which in the demo was literally impossible to lose.

First impressions are important, and this game's first impression is fucking horrible.

CorvoSol

478173_44287_front.jpg

I loved this game so much. Playing as Zero was so great that I was completely sold by the time Mega Man Zero rolled around.

What system is that Capcom vs game where you can play as Zero from MMZ for?

Tizoc

I just realized that if Wily won in Mega Man 1 when he was relaitvely harmless the world wouldn't have ended up as such a clusterfuck for the next 500 years or so.

Oh great another one of those 'Dr. Light is the real villian theories', ugh

When literally the only not negative thing anyone that could try it has had to say about it is "well, it's just a demo" I really doubt that's gonna happen. I haven't heard a single good thing about it so far.

Graphics? Animates like crap and almost everything is reused from X1 so far. Music? Reused. Gameplay? Shoot stuff while the game slowly autoscrolls and then turns into a turn based battle at bosses, which in the demo was literally impossible to lose.

First impressions are important, and this game's first impression is fucking horrible.
First impressions in video games are subjective IMO.

Top Bottom