• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Museum on Switch

Neff

So this is up on the Japanese store right now, and it looks to be a universal SKU, which is nice. I've got everything running in english, no problems. There's tons of options, including screen size adjust/rotate/scanlines etc. The games look great on the Switch screen, and the emulation seems to be pretty much spot-on, too. Good show by Namco.

Ridley327

So this is up on the Japanese store right now, and it looks to be a universal SKU, which is nice. I've got everything running in english, no problems. There's tons of options, including screen size adjust/rotate/scanlines etc. The games look great on the Switch screen, and the emulation seems to be pretty much spot-on, too. Good show by Namco.

I don't suppose you're in a position to test out the companion app to see how well Pac-Man Vs. works, are you? It requires two Switches, which I can't imagine is a very common setup for most folks right now.

Jazzem

Thanks for impressions, so happy to hear emulation is strong and that there are scanline options :D

Rmagnus

Banned

Great to read will get it once I get splatoon 2... Switch is killing my wallet

Neff

Christ there's even a stick deadzone adjust option, they really went all out.

I don't suppose you're in a position to test out the companion app to see how well Pac-Man Vs. works, are you? It requires two Switches, which I can't imagine is a very common setup for most folks right now.

I'm afraid not.

Nice, thanks for the heads up about the universal SKU and impressions. Sounds solid.

Would you mind letting us know how much it costs on the eShop? There's no Amazon Japan download code and it's not on the Nintendo Japan website for some reason.

Ridley327

Christ there's even a stick deadzone adjust option, they really went all out.

I'm afraid not.

Worth a shot. Judging by what you've said about the emulation and various customization options for the main games so far, I don't think there's much to worry about, but it never hurts to have some real world impressions.

Neff

Nice, thanks for the heads up about the universal SKU and impressions. Sounds solid.

Would you mind letting us know how much it costs on the eShop? There's no Amazon Japan download code and it's not on the Nintendo Japan website for some reason.

3000 yen

Fiendcode

Not that I can see.

I think I will pass. Only ten games seems super greedy. So many missing classics.
It's actually 11 games.

Pac-Man (1980)
Galaga (1981)
Dig Dug (1982)
The Tower of Druaga (1984)
Sky Kid (1985)
Rolling Thunder (1986)
Galaga '88 (1987)
Splatterhouse (1988)
Rolling Thunder 2 (1990)
Tank Force (1991)
Pac-Man Vs. (2003)

BiggNife

I'm tempted to get this for Pac-Man Vs but $30 feels like it's pushing it. The fact that it's missing some obvious choices (Pole Position, Rally-X, Mappy, Ms. Pac-Man, etc.) really sticks out.

If it was $20 I'd probably jump on it.

sleepnaught

Price is a too high, Ill pass. Really surprised we haven't seen any SNES/Genesis games so far. Seems like you could make a killing for practically no work on something like the Switch.

Lylo

Great news, but i would rather have a PAC-MAN™ Championship Edition pack with both games, i would love to play those games on the Switch.

Nairume

Banned
How are the challenge modes in it? I'm probably getting it just for Pac Vs and the coopable games, but the additional challenges might be enough to give me the final push towards it if they are cool enough.

Neff

How are the challenge modes in it? I'm probably getting it just for Pac Vs and the coopable games, but the additional challenges might be enough to give me the final push towards it if they are cool enough.

Nothing terribly elaborate or imaginative, just see how many points you can get/things you can kill within a certain time limit, or on a particularly difficult stage, that sort of thing. Still, might be fun to try.

I'm tempted to get this for Pac-Man Vs but $30 feels like it's pushing it. The fact that it's missing some obvious choices (Pole Position, Rally-X, Mappy, Ms. Pac-Man, etc.) really sticks out.

I'm actually really glad they jumped forward with the later '80s stuff rather than the usual earlier games. Still, the lack of important titles suggests to me that this won't be the only collection they do (assuming it sells well).

Yeeeeees. Ever since I started playing Rolling Thunder at my local arcade museum I've been looking for a good console alternative.

Edit: No physical release? Guess I'll have to pass.

jrcbandit

It's missing too many games to be worth $30, should have been $20 tops. At the very least it should have been 15 titles for $30.

NateDrake

Review coverage on the game lifts in about 12hrs. If anyone wants to see a specific game or something from the title, let me know and I'll grab footage of it.

Do we have a release date? Figured it'd be part of today's eShop drop but apparently not.

Same.

Also, for those saying the price is too high / not low enough for the games included -
I would pay $30 (or more, frankly) for a Switch version of Pac-Man Vs. alone. That game is amazing - and making it this easy to pick up and play with people is amazing.

Same.

Also, for those saying the price is too high / not low enough for the games included -
I would pay $30 (or more, frankly) for a Switch version of Pac-Man Vs. alone. That game is amazing - and making it this easy to pick up and play with people is amazing.

So I'm not sure, whats the free version of vs thats coming out on the eshop? Is that the same thing?

The free version allows others to play Pac-Man VS with someone who own Namco Museum so they don't need to buy the game to play. That game requires 2 Switches to play. The free version won't do anything unless connected to another Switch with Namco Museum.

So I'm not sure, whats the free version of vs thats coming out on the eshop? Is that the same thing?

The free version allows others to play Pac-Man VS with someone who own Namco Museum so they don't need to buy the game to play. That game requires 2 Switches to play. The free version won't do anything unless connected to another Switch with Namco Museum.

Gotcha so it's the Switch answer to download play basically.

Pretty awesome

Although I wish it had a cool "museum" mode like the old PS1 version did.

Man, that game had dope music

I'd LOVE to see a modern take on the "virtual museum" of the PS1 version. Go through each section and see all the flyers and concept art for each game, then play the game at the cabinet. Hell yeah! Makes me dream of a Splatterhouse zone where you walk through West Mansion with those hanging things falling from trap doors in the ceiling, and flesh-floors, just to get to the Splatterhouse cabinet.

Is Galaga 88 the same Galaga that has an alien do some funny noise in the beginning of a mission?

Cause I loved that Galaga and knowing that may influence me to buy this game even though I feel it's overpriced.

Top Bottom