• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at CNN covering this before IGN.

What a joke IGN is now.

Kane1345

Ok so here's the deal for me.... I'm working a bunch this weekend to try to get atleast the middle of next week free. I can access the internet from work, mostly on my phone. But only when things are calm (I work with autistic adults... so when they go to sleep it's totally fine for me to go online and just keep an ear out for them, assuming im done with all my paperwork, etc). Anyway, that's tmi... the main point is i'm kinda busy this weekend but not entirely.

So I guess I will open the floodgates now and will probably take all weekend to sift through it and decide who is doing what. So I wouldn't expect a response until Sunday at the earliest. Maybe monday during the day.

What we need is people willing to contact websites and let them know they we are planning on a second push on Wednesday at a time we will figure out today or tomorrow. You will need to go to the website to find the contact email/page.... but from there it's easy. Basically you will send an email like (let's pretend it's kotaku).

Hi Kotaku!

This is (your name) from the #PS4NoDRM campaign and we are ramping up for a second and final push on Wednesday, June 5th starting at __ GMT (and then maybe list the time for them if you know the country of the site's origin).

The movement so far has over 175+ media mentions in 20 different languages which has been incredibly helpful to us. We are grateful for the articles you did specifically and were hoping you could help us shine a light on this one final time.

If you have any further questions check out (OP Link) and (site link) or email me at (your email). And if you decide not to cover it again we still are really appreciative of the support you've given us so far.

Thanks,

Yourname

And then if they have questions for you that you know the answer to, answer them. If you don't refer them to me or baller (and maybe others, still hashing that out). I will give you our email addresses when letting you know which sites you will be responsible for.

If a ton of people decide to volunteer it will be really quick for everyone. Each site will take like 5 minutes tops... so if we can get it down to like 5 or less sites per person we're asking for less than a half hour of your time. We will start with the sites that have already covered it and if we have the manpower we will then move onto sites that haven't.

If you're lurking and would like to help, message me on twitter. If you're on the forum, PM me.

As each new page is created in this thread if i'm not around.... if someone could quote this just to get it on the current page I would be most appreciative.

Just making sure this gets on every page..........carry on ;)

Salaadin

From the CNN article...

"Microsoft has also tried to reach out to fans.

Larry Hryb, a director of programming for Xbox Live perhaps best known by his gamer tag "Major Nelson," responded to a post on his blog with comments that gave some hope.
"We're fully aware of what is going on," he wrote. "I am also working on a few things to address it. I can't say much more right now. But we ARE listening."

He attached Twitter-style hashtags: #XboxOneUSEDGAMES and #XboxOneNoDRM."

did he actually use those hashtags? If true, that would be a pretty big deal.

It sounds like it was in the comments section of his blog, but I don't have time to dig through them unfortunately. :(

I dont see the hastags anywhere:

http://disqus.com/MajorNelson/
Click Activity. Thatll show you all of his comments:

JABEE

Great job everyone. We're making a difference for not only gamers today, but also those that would want to play these games in the future. Very proud. We won't have to worry about not being able to play the "ActRaiser" of our generation, because some executive in the future decides that it is 2 cents cheaper to shut off the authentication servers.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
This is important. the title would thus read as follows:

Are Sony/MS listening? #PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM | Phase 2 starts Wed, June 5th
That is what famousmortimer wanted IIRC, as #PS4USEDGAMES never catched on that much.

Turismo

Neo Member
Holy hell, we have a flood of new juniors lately. Here you go:
SxDRN76.png
E3IEBrL.png
H3NLdO6.png
nHpeAvC.png
YhkKHcn.png

Edit: Re-hosted the images.

Thanks for updating my avatar Krusenstern

You know, it's so telling that IGN hasn't even mentioned the DRM movement yet. They are so moneyhatted at this point it's not even funny. Makes me miss the gamesages era....

But still on Giant Bomb or IGN US/UK. Very telling.

IGN and Giantbomb are such piece of shit sites, so no surprise here.

Are IGN and Giant Bomb the only two major sites that haven't covered this?

Awesome.

And yeah, embarrassing for IGN/Giant Bomb.

IGN's Podcast Beyond covered it on Episode 295 at the 36:56 mark.

Podcast page: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/29/podcast-beyond-are-you-getting-a-gta-special-edition/

MP3 link: http://traffic.libsyn.com/beyond/Podcast_Beyond_Episode_295.mp3/

Amir0x

Banned
^^ m0dus, we should definitely changed #PS4UsedGames to #XboxOneNoDRM

IGN's Podcast Beyond covered it on Episode 295 at the 36:56 mark.

I know it was in the podcast, where they proceeded to say "herp 1% of gamers, it don't matter, what are they doin'", and plus this is the type of news that needs an article, not buried in a podcast where all they do is shit on it with their barely intelligible commentary as they sit in the background doublefisting their Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo/EA/Ubisoft/Activision overlords in the ass.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Okay guys, serious question. Given THIS development, and the potential to get BOTH hashtags trending in time for the push on Wed, should we consider changing the #PS4USEDGAMES in the title to #XboxOneNoDRM for a UNIFIED front against restrictive DRM on any next gen consoles?

Ehhhhh.... I like it the way it is

but the #PS4USEDGAMES seemed severely underused... so I guess so

Okay guys, serious question. Given THIS development, and the potential to get BOTH hashtags trending in time for the push on Wed, should we consider changing the #PS4USEDGAMES in the title to #XboxOneNoDRM for a UNIFIED front against restrictive DRM on any next gen consoles?

It was the plan, so let's do it.

McBryBry

I love all this, it feels awesome to be a part of. I agree on changing #PS4USEDGAMES to #XboxOneNoDRM. If someone can maybe update my profile pic for this, it'd be much appreciated.

gazele

Banned
Yeah yeah, consolewarz, etc, but I feel that this will get the strongest message out there at the most critical time.

still, I don't make rash, sweeping, stupid decisions from a position of total ignorance - IE, I'm not Microsoft.

I agree that it should also include the Xbox hash tag, this isn't a Sony vs. MS issue, but an issue for all gamers and consumers

Definitely. It affects everyone, playing the console war or drawing lines in the sand isn't needed in this case.

Amir0x

Banned
Also, if possible, can someone add a #XboxOneNoDRM tag in green immediately underneath my PS4 tag? I cannot do it for some reason, program ain't working

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The CNN article is really pleasing :)

Looking forward to the June 5th push, and hoping we see plenty of XboxOneNoDRM tweets too.

Amir0x

Banned
Can someone make up XboxOneNoDRM tags so we can add them to our avatars pls?

m0dus said:
edit: in the trunk of the car, numbnuts, not in the executives!

uhhhhhh

*glances over at box*

Welp that about does it for Mark Cerny

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
How many publications have written articles about this now? I want to put it in the other thread, but the site is blocked on my computer.

Gold Member

I'm down with that, I think it would be good to get Xbox in on the action too. If we can get both trending it would be amazing.

EDIT:

guys i went straight to phase 6 and kidnapped some sony board members
Hahahaha, can't wait for phase 10!! Nuclear Armageddon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom