• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders 2 new info! [one month away from release]

Megasoum

Banned
My body AND PC are ready now! Woohooo

mp_rp_7.gif

Wait, Strife and Fury? Where the hell do these two come from? :( What about Conquest (or Pestilence) and Famine?

PC version seems like a must for those affected/annoyed by screen tearing. Well, to be expected, really. It was already a problem in the first one on 360.

I always figured in my head, Pestilence/Famine were the out casted riders erased from history that will eventually make an appearance as bad guys...but that is just an idea that has been rolling in my head.

RPGCrazied

Its simmilar to yours:
Phenom II X4 3.2ghz
Radeon 6870
5gigs of ram

BUT. Im sitting in front of glorious 32" monitor [HDTV]! Cant wait to start playing DS2 on it! :D

Got me beat on the monitor. Though my TV is only 5 feet a way. I could play it on it I guess. 720p 32" Samsung. Easier to just use my 23" monitor in front of me. :p

JohngPR

I've been mostly lurking in here, but wanted to let the guys at Vigil know that I'm a big fan!

I originally played DS1 on PS3, but recently bought it on PC to get ready for DarkSiders II. I'm at the Iron Canopy now so I should be in line to beating it by release date!

Keep up the good work guys. Can't wait!

ezekial45

Banned
I'm still rocking a duo core processor. It's held up well, I've been playing Diablo III and Saint's Row on it, but I get the strong feeling that it's gonna blow up or something if I push it too hard.

So I'm gonna play this on the consoles, and maybe after I get a new comp, I'll be able to get it on PC.

darksiders-2-more-horesmen.jpg

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/019/4/4/Darksiders_Strife___Joe_Mad_by_Zeag.jpg
http://www.consolegames.ro/forum/at.../46516d1263844609-darksiders-ds_horsemen1.jpg

War and Death have some aura of coolness, and their forms are beter defined. Strife has this crazy scarf, weird metalic gauntlets over dark skin/leather armor, and really not impressive mask [unlike Death]... Who knows, maybe he will animate well, and be a badass character. But so far his design is not grabbing me totally.

War, Death and Fury are much more pleasing to the eye.

You realize that those concepts are like 4-5 years old right? Joe Mad even said that most the time when making the game they end up going through many iterations till it is finalized. He said with Death it was just kind of a flook that he nailed it with the first concept. He tried other looks, but the team kept on going back to his original concept.

That is why War doesn't look like this in the first game...
399.jpg

or this...
4011.war3darksiders.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

or this...
8546.war27darksiders.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

Gbraga

Man, I stayed too long without playing DMC, I just started playing DMC4 again and I can't get anything right. >_>

Gotta practice.

I will also be playing this on PC. The first one looks gorgeous even without a ton of graphic tweaks to play with. Can't wait.

SLICE SLICE SLICE SLICE SLICE

pahamrick

Has there been any word on a Steam pre-load? Looks like DS2 unlocks on steam right about the same time I'll get home from work, and it would be awesome to just be able to come home and play for awhile.

TreIII

WTF is this?

DMC games are the premier gunkata system in action games. The Gunslinger style is dedicated to this. Rainstorm, Two Some Time, Fireworks etc. Bayonetta also took it to a new interesting direction by planting guns on your foot.

If Strife is going to star in the next DS game expect a very DMC influenced combat system where you have side arms to bolster your combos (think E&I but with a DS twist). At least that's how I see it.

You spoke such a thing into existence. Now, I really want to play such a thing!

KorrZ

WTF is this?

DMC games are the premier gunkata system in action games. The Gunslinger style is dedicated to this. Rainstorm, Two Some Time, Fireworks etc. Bayonetta also took it to a new interesting direction by planting guns on your foot.

If Strife is going to star in the next DS game expect a very DMC influenced combat system where you have side arms to bolster your combos (think E&I but with a DS twist). At least that's how I see it.

If your guns are only sidearms to bolster combos then it's not gun kata. DMC is still primarily melee, I want a pure gun kata (equilibrium style) game.

DieH@rd

Banned
You realize that those concepts are like 4-5 years old right? Joe Mad even said that most the time when making the game they end up going through many iterations till it is finalized. He said with Death it was just kind of a flook that he nailed it with the first concept. He tried other looks, but the team kept on going back to his original concept.

Yes, I know all about redesigning process. I started following Darksiders uniuverse from the moment they announced it. Heck... I started followed Joe Mad's videogame career from his Trade Wars: Dark Millennium/Dungeon Runners days. :D A long, long time ago. :D

Dahbomb

If your guns are only sidearms to bolster combos then it's not gun kata. DMC is still primarily melee, I want a pure gun kata (equilibrium style) game.
If you want a action centered around gun play then Vanquish is the truth. Not exactly gunkata but its good stuff.

If you want a action centered around gun play then Vanquish is the truth. Not exactly gunkata but its good stuff.

Too much tip toeing around the issue now.

Vigil, Gun-kata Strife, pls.

But only after Firewhip Fury in Darksiders III. I need my 4 horseman Indiana Jones action/adventure title dreams fulfilled.

brb, gonna go pre-order DSIII.

If I had any say in it, I'd vote Gunkata Strife (Equilibrium/Bayo/DMC) with Reuben Langon as Strife's voice actor. But that's just a dream. Who knows where we will go!

Oh god...wet dream come true.

Please hdn and other vigil devs, listen to this man...he knows his shit.

but I still argue that strife may not be strong enough a character to carry his own game. I'd more expect him and fury to spilt a game between them.

I also expect them to be a lot younger/inexperienced than war and death...the babies of the group.

That said, isn't war the youngest canon wise?

Top Bottom