• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

So the console version will have online to start but the Steam version won't have online until 3 months after the delayed release?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Doesn't PS4 automatically download it from PSN? I bought alternate colors (PS+, Christmas) for Xrd and I didn't have to download anything from PSN. It automatically downloaded once I signed in.

On the FAQ is says it scans your account and the store voids the price, and you have to individually download everything again, thats bullshit by itself but dont leave me hanging on individual costumes..

Yayay! I'm excited, got it preordered.

Haven't played DOA since DOA4 (and played that for almost the entire 360 life cycle...). I'm excited!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So the console version will have online to start but the Steam version won't have online until 3 months after the delayed release?

The PC version development started later than the console counterparts and it seems they are trying to figure out a few things still with PC since this was meant to be released tomorrow on Steam still.

The PC version development started later than the console counterparts and it seems they are trying to figure out a few things still with PC since this was meant to be released tomorrow on Steam still.

So consoles will have online from day 1 though, correct? Just double checking here.

Kumubou

New thread!

New waifus!

same old shitty netcode

Ah well, I can grab the PS3 update now and just use the free release on PS4. I'm a bit sad I pre-ordered the PC version only to have it get delayed, but I got it on the cheap so I'm not really mad. I need a PS4 stick, though... time to grab a Hori pad for some pad hacking.

Hubb

On the FAQ is says it scans your account and the store voids the price, and you have to individually download everything again, thats bullshit by itself but dont leave me hanging on individual costumes..

I think that IS bullshit. If you can't download individual costumes on PS4 going forward, how can you individually bring over DLC you have already bought. I can't believe that going forward you can only buy the old DLC in packs on PS4.

DR2K

Banned
Playing it on PS3. Neat how all the new fan made costumes are free. Just have to unlock them.

i3zbmWZMBP2Oe.png

OSTLFza.jpg

haha nice reference

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Is that a joke site you linked?, there's no way this is listed and real.

Ignore pre-release prices on things like that. It's just a way to keep people from buying before it's officially up.

There's an item on the HK store listed at like $4,900 for the game. The main reason to show the link is for information on what the SP will contain.

JayEH

Highly considering picking this up though it's weird there isn't a digital pre order for this. Tecmo goin' Tecmo.

Online will work on console versions day one. No worries.

Thanks man. I know I'm big on Steam games, but considering how they completely shit all over the PC version (I know it was started on late, but more so with the late online and the fact they will basically punish PC players for modding the game), I'll get the console version.

Would love to buy this day one. But I know a definitive edition with all costumes can't be too far away. It's all these DLCs that keep me from buying games new any more. That...and the backlog.

Skilletor

Would love to buy this day one. But I know a definitive edition with all costumes can't be too far away. It's all these DLCs that keep me from buying games new any more. That...and the backlog.

The DLC is how they make money. They'll never release a version with all of it included. This is the third version and they've still only included about half of the DLC available.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Concerning the PC release: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/...ks-modders-to-be-good-and-moral-with-content/

I'm hoping the delay is not just for them to figure out some weird ineffective DRM/encryption scheme of the assets that will be useless in preventing mods and a hassle to customers in general.

Doubt its a DRM since they are asking people to be good and moral. Maybe they allow mods but they dont want the nude mods. Afterall they did try closing multiple sites with the nude mods on DOA3

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

There are 500 costumes DLC total. They arent packaging that. This is the final iteration

thelastword

Banned
That's what I thought...

But no...it's real !
Crazy isn't it?

Ignore pre-release prices on things like that. It's just a way to keep people from buying before it's officially up.

There's an item on the HK store listed at like $4,900 for the game. The main reason to show the link is for information on what the SP will contain.
If this game does have a season pass I hope it gives you access to all the costumes at least.

Holy shit! I had NO IDEA this game was releasing tomorrow. I have been waiting for a fighting game to come along so I can sink my teeth into it and finally learn how to be good at one. Do you guys have tips? I plan on picking this up tomorrow if the snow doesn't close the store lol.

remz

I can't find it on the store.

You miiiiight be able to download it by looking at the profile of someone who has it and going to the store page from there. Search my GT, NinjaSandwhich and see if you can get it.

My XB1 stick doesn't work with this game. :(

Whoa I didn't realize this already comes out :eek: And dumb question regarding the transferring DLC, if I bought a character for the PS3 version of Core Fighters I'll also have it in the PS4 version right?

remz

Whoa I didn't realize this already comes out :eek: And dumb question regarding the transferring DLC, if I bought a character for the PS3 version of Core Fighters I'll also have it in the PS4 version right?

Yup. I bought Marie Rose on 360 and I can download her on XB1

Top Bottom