• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

I just played the level 10 strike on the moon. The two other fire team members basically completed the mission whole I was trying to make sure I got all the drops from the midway point.

Feels bad man!

Edit:
Is it worth it to buy a ship? Like is there some bonus or benefit from switching from the ship you get at the start of Destiny?

Thank you.

Another question if you don't mind: what the tags that are required to get the loot from the big presents on the Tower? Live what's the Saladin tag or the Xur tag? And how do I get them?

Number45

Thank you.

Another question if you don't mind: what the tags that are required to get the loot from the big presents on the Tower? Live what's the Saladin tag or the Xur tag? And how do I get them?
You get them as rewards from the dawning book. Ranks 5, 7 and 9.

HigXx

Icebreaker get. Exotic Weapon collection complete. Just the bloody ROI Warlock Helm to finish Exotic Armour

HigXx

Didn't know that, but I guess sparrow racing is probably quicker than a crucible match. Hopefully they continue to drop after this event is over.

I wonder whats going to happen with the SRL Emblems after the event. Ive only gotten 2/4 to drop

WeTeHa

I wonder whats going to happen with the SRL Emblems after the event. Ive only gotten 2/4 to drop

I have done around 30 races to finish the book and the s license. I have all the shaders but 0/4 emblems. Not going to bother with the emblems.

Deku Tree

Every time I boot up this game recently I'm just like OMG no I don't want to play this again. I'm disappointed that Bungie locked the Icebreaker behind a super low 1% RNG odds bounty for doing the Nightfall which I have no interest in doing on the same old strikes anymore. Tired of the extremely repetitive grind TBH. Playing the same strikes for three years is very dull.

WipedOut

I have done around 30 races to finish the book and the s license. I have all the shaders but 0/4 emblems. Not going to bother with the emblems.

C0uKVtZW8AAcC56.jpg

Got it on my 5th NF.

Also got all the Shaders but still missing Mars and Mercury SRL Emblems.

Kukawaki

If I remember correctly buying Rise of Iron allowed to transition from Disc to Downloadable, right?

Can anyone confirm and can you tell me what the steps should be?

Patricko

Neo Member
In my opinion they nerfed it too bad... Ammo regeneration is really slow.
There is also very low stability during a shoot.
I think that Black Spindle is much better sniper rifle but it's just my opinion.
Ice Breaker shines on VoG, but only there unfortunetaly.
If You need to waste exotic slot, Gjalarhorn is only option for PVE :)

WipedOut

In my opinion they nerfed it too bad... Ammo regeneration is really slow.
There is also very low stability during a shoot.
I think that Black Spindle is much better sniper rifle but it's just my opinion.
Ice Breaker shines on VoG, but only there unfortunetaly.
If You need to waste exotic slot, Gjalarhorn is only option for PVE :)

I'm using IB for everything. It's only bad if you can't aim!

FyreWulff

Every time I boot up this game recently I'm just like OMG no I don't want to play this again. I'm disappointed that Bungie locked the Icebreaker behind a super low 1% RNG odds bounty for doing the Nightfall which I have no interest in doing on the same old strikes anymore. Tired of the extremely repetitive grind TBH. Playing the same strikes for three years is very dull.

hey remember this irritating as shit year 1 mechanic

IT'S BACK

Had a clan Christmas party last night. All done online in destiny. As there was 12 of us we used discord voice chat to get around party chat limitations.

The rules were simple. You die you take a drink. If there's a wipe you down your drink.

We started with a nightfall race. Everyone launched at the same time. Teams were decided randomly from names out of a hat. First place had no forfeit, second did 1 shot, third did 2 shots etc. Also the person with lowest kill count on each team had to do a shot.

After that it was random teams again for a crota raid race. Again there were forfeits for wipes and deaths with losing team having to finish their drink.

Then we did a random doubles elimination tournament. Every round lost was a drink. Every death was a drink. Worst kd on each team was a drink as well.

Then we did srl. With shots for anyone finishing in bottom 3. With extra shot for someone with lowest gate count.

Then we did some 6v6 elimination. Drinks for deaths.

Then the main event was a raid race through wrath of the machine. Which somehow both teams completed with only a handful of wipes.

After that most people went to bed but the rest of us did random stuff in private matches.

All in, it was a really fun night however I am massively suffering today. I recommend any other clans to do similar things!

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Not really, it won't ascend it past 170 so it will be useless for LL enabled content. You can still use it in normal crucible though.

It will make it jump from a level 16-required gun to a level 20 -required gun with 170 light; current gear is level 40-required that goes to 400 light. Eventually the Stranger's Rifle will stop being useful even if you ascend it, but if you like it this will keep it useful for a while longer. (Your damage output will be scaled down, slowly then harshly, for being under-light/level compared to the bad guys).

Thanks, I guess I'll just keep it for my second character, considering I'm lvl 31 now.

Yea the grind has hit me hard. I'm now only on Destiny to make sure I get my grimoire.

Also has Xur ever sold the Nemesis Star LMG?

ByWatterson

Your all set to cheese oracles during the Taken VoG in the April update.

Man, that sure sums up how I feel about the game now. Wise to Bungie's tricks now.

I mean, I always was, but still addicted. Now, as my personal community has dried up, there's nothing to keep me coming back.

Makes me wary of loot chase games entirely, going forward.

Dthomp

Ugh 0-9 on Icebreaker. Stupid RNG mechanic. 1 shot per character each week? What kind of nonsense is this.

Any SRL trains? I need one more 1st place on Mars and I can stop. The fact that I am a child's toy and all other players are Godzilla is getting more and more frustrating especially as that one win is all I have left (I havent gotten one good drop in a long time).

Wait, I want to take back what I said about not getting any good drops. I can now feel disgusting about myself in the crucible (if I ever remember to use secondaries):

Matador 64 with Cascade, Rifled Barrel and Rangefinder. Ballistics wise I have Smooth/Accurized/Aggressive.

According to the Crucible Playbook on Reddit I think I have a the god roll? I mean maybe performance bonus or spray and play would be better than cascade?

Now if only I could get that god roll Eyasluna...mine has Sureshot IS and Reinforced Barrel, so max range, but the perks are kinda meh (triple tap and mulligan). I much rather have Rangefinder, Hidden Hand, Outlaw and so on as perks. *sigh* Maybe...

Anyway, same offer: anyone looking to grind SRL this week? All I ask for is 1st place on Mars once.

Ugh 0-9 on Icebreaker. Stupid RNG mechanic. 1 shot per character each week? What kind of nonsense is this.

It is how they ensure you keep coming back and playing. It allows them to also discuss having an active playerbase. I am sure around the time Destiny 2 is coming out the drop rate will increase. Perhaps they messed up the drop rate like they did the Crimson Double Ghost Shells during the event this year where they accidentally had the drop rate so low that they had to send ghosts out to players AFTER the event to make up for it. While they are at it, I would love them to drastically increase the Crux of Crota drop rate...I mean Nechochasm isnt in Y3 so who cares if they make the drop rate something like 25% chance now (or higher). Its the last "undiscovered" exotic weapon I have...

Dthomp

It is how they ensure you keep coming back and playing. It allows them to also discuss having an active playerbase. I am sure around the time Destiny 2 is coming out the drop rate will increase. Perhaps they messed up the drop rate like they did the Crimson Double Ghost Shells during the event this year where they accidentally had the drop rate so low that they had to send ghosts out to players AFTER the event to make up for it. While they are at it, I would love them to drastically increase the Crux of Crota drop rate...I mean Nechochasm isnt in Y3 so who cares if they make the drop rate something like 25% chance now (or higher). Its the last "undiscovered" exotic weapon I have...

Ugh Crux. Me and a clanmate ran Crota 3x each week for around 6 months to get mine :/

Ugh Crux. Me and a clanmate ran Crota 3x each week for around 6 months to get mine :/

Problem is that no one runs Crota anymore...or at least when I checked a few months back. Like VoG seems to have a higher hit rate which I think is thanks to the No Time to Explain quest forcing you to play it. I wish they did something similar and added a new exotic that had you play through CE. At this light level I think CE Hard would be relatively easy *shrugs*. I heard it is doable solo but I have tried sword jumping before and I am pretty crappy.

Dthomp

Problem is that no one runs Crota anymore...or at least when I checked a few months back. Like VoG seems to have a higher hit rate which I think is thanks to the No Time to Explain quest forcing you to play it. I wish they did something similar and added a new exotic that had you play through CE. At this light level I think CE Hard would be relatively easy *shrugs*. I heard it is doable solo but I have tried sword jumping before and I am pretty crappy.

The sword jumping isn't overly difficult, just takes practice to do. I had much harder time with the shrieker hallway doing solo. It's easily duo-able. Otherwise send me a FR if you're PSN (Dthomp) and I can get a clanmate or two to run ya through to try for one. I need something to make me keep playing since SRL is boring as shit and nothing other then the 3 IB attempts is bringing me back now

Shiv47

I somehow doubt it, given how dead this thread is at the moment, but are there a couple others who want to take their pull of the Icebreaker slot machine? Looking to run NF three times if possible.

Dthomp

I somehow doubt it, given how dead this thread is at the moment, but are there a couple others who want to take their pull of the Icebreaker slot machine? Looking to run NF three times if possible.

I am away from my system for a bit but if you're still on and need another I'd run it to help ya when I get on

Dthomp

i keep losing SRL races. bought a vehicle but its still so slow. can you buy good vehicles or are they gifts

Almost all of the speeders will be 160 speed. You can get them from many activities like strikes, PVP, rank up rewards. Just try to hit the speed boosts, SRL is a crapshoot some....well most times

Top Bottom