• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluth54

Did you get an email or letter saying it's coming in beforehand? Still waiting on mines and no idea when it's coming. I move in a few weeks so hopefully it's soon!

Just checking my email it doesn't look like I got anything saying I applied however I had mis-typed my Social Security number by one digit when applying so I got a letter in the mail from Chase that I had to call their fraud department to confirm I had really applied so it's possible I may not of gotten the normal treatment.
After I called them and confirmed it was me I got an email right away that I was approved and got the card in the mail about a week later.

kaskade

Mine came in, metal cards feel so nice. The lack of numbers on the front makes it so clean. I want to swipe this thing everywhere.

Pyrokai

Its rewards are not that unusual. You can get similar cash back from many cards for retailers.

Okay, great. I think I'm going to go for this. I actually just applied, lol.

I don't really know much about this stuff because--while I have a credit card--I've seldom used it outside of very large purchases and it's through my credit union which doesn't really offer much in the realm of rewards (just a very low interest rate).

I was approved but I still have a question. I have very good credit, and I was given a "Purchase APR: 19.74% variable"

That seems super high! This is definitely the type of card you never let have a balance after your due date, isn't it? Lol.

Ron Mexico

I don't really know much about this stuff because--while I have a credit card--I've seldom used it outside of very large purchases and it's through my credit union which doesn't really offer much in the realm of rewards (just a very low interest rate).

I was approved but I still have a question. I have very good credit, and I was given a "Purchase APR: 19.74% variable"

That seems super high! This is definitely the type of card you never let have a balance after your due date, isn't it? Lol.

Rewards cards are generally high and almost always will be priced higher than a "standard" card regardless of pricing tier. It's also more expensive for the merchants to take a rewards card. Those rewards aren't free. Still, treat it like a bill that must be paid in full each month and you'll be fine.

ColdPizza

Banned

I'd say ALL credits cards are the type of card you never let have a balance, unless you find one with an introductory 0% APR.

Never pay less than the statement balance on a credit card. Just letting interest accrue once is probably enough to destroy the value of any rewards earned the entire year.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Say I apply for this... Can I buy a few gift cards to pay my switch pre-order and get the cash back as well?

Pyrokai

Is this the link I use to manage this card?

Since I only applied an hour ago, I'm assuming I can't "enroll" and create a login in until I get the card in the mail and know the card's numbers, right? Unless I can now? I don't know what the numbers are except the last 4 digits since it automatically was placed as my default payment method on Amazon.

I'd say ALL credits cards are the type of card you never let have a balance, unless you find one with an introductory 0% APR.

Rewards cards are generally high and almost always will be priced higher than a "standard" card regardless of pricing tier. It's also more expensive for the merchants to take a rewards card. Those rewards aren't free. Still, treat it like a bill that must be paid in full each month and you'll be fine.

Noted. I won't miss a payment, then!

Bluth54

Is this the link I use to manage this card?

Since I only applied an hour ago, I'm assuming I can't "enroll" and create a login in until I get the card in the mail and know the card's numbers, right? Unless I can now? I don't know what the numbers are except the last 4 digits since it automatically was placed as my default payment method on Amazon.

Yes you create an account on Chase's website for this card. And I'm pretty sure I did have to put in the credit card number while creating the account.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Weird. I applied and told me they needed to review my application. My FICO is over 780 and my overall CC debt is about 10% so I don't see what the huge deal would be. Not one late payment ever.

notworksafe

Weird. I applied and told me they needed to review my application. My FICO is over 780 and my overall CC debt is about 10% so I don't see what the huge deal would be. Not one late payment ever.

same thing happened to me and all my scores are good, less than 8 hours later i was approved so no clue what the delay was for.

Bluth54

The same thing happened to me and it turned out I had mis-typed one digit on my social security number and they had to make sure the application wasn't fraud.

Pyrokai

Yes you create an account on Chase's website for this card. And I'm pretty sure I did have to put in the credit card number while creating the account.

Well doesn't this seem kinda silly?

I want to use my card on Amazon, but it says it could take 3-4 weeks to arrive in the mail. If I can't create an account unless I know my numbers, I can't make a payment for 3-4 weeks and that probably risks missing my due date. I don't even know what my due date is!

ColdPizza

Banned
Well doesn't this seem kinda silly?

I want to use my card on Amazon, but it says it could take 3-4 weeks to arrive in the mail. If I can't create an account unless I know my numbers, I can't make a payment for 3-4 weeks and that probably risks missing my due date. I don't even know what my due date is!

New cards place the first payment date almost 2 months after opening. For example, I opened a credit card account for Chase Sapphire Reserve on Jan 3rd, and my first payment is due Feb 28th

Ron Mexico

Few things it could be off the top of my head-- a previous fraud alert on your credit profile, a (somewhat) recent change of address, a typo in the application, the IP address showing a different area than what would be considered "local" to your address, even something as abstract as having a more common name that could trigger a security hit, even though of course the SSN doesn't match.

Essentially, it's nothing I'd worry about on the surface.

We got a big envelope full of advertising about it last week.

Just checking my email it doesn't look like I got anything saying I applied however I had mis-typed my Social Security number by one digit when applying so I got a letter in the mail from Chase that I had to call their fraud department to confirm I had really applied so it's possible I may not of gotten the normal treatment.
After I called them and confirmed it was me I got an email right away that I was approved and got the card in the mail about a week later.
Man, I haven't heard anything at all...

might start using it. but then i like discover card where they match the reward back each year. if i get $50 in reward they give me another $50. i have cash coming this march lol

sangreal

It's not full metal like the chase ritz card and a few others. It still has a plastic core like most Chase metal cards (csp, csr, marriott etc)

just fyi

i havent got my upgraded plastic yet, so about to call (see that its already been updated on my amazon profile)

What color looks most baller? i wanna live the fake ball life

Pyrokai

Okay, this is going to sound really, really dumb, but I've used my card a few times already and I can't find where my transaction history is on the Chase site. I also can't find my balance nor my payment due date.

Can anyone shine some like on this for me?

-griffy-

Banned
Okay, this is going to sound really, really dumb, but I've used my card a few times already and I can't find where my transaction history is on the Chase site. I also can't find my balance nor my payment due date.

Can anyone shine some like on this for me?

Have you actually gotten the physical card yet? You can't make an account until you actually have the card, but once you get it and make an account you just log in and all that info is there.

Pyrokai

Have you actually gotten the physical card yet? You can't make an account until you actually have the card, but once you get it and make an account you just log in and all that info is there.

Yes, I have received the card and I've made the account. I've even used the card on the regular now. All I see on the site is a tab to the far right that says "order history" but it's totally blank and says I have no points yet. And every other tab on the site, there is no section anywhere for transaction history, payment due date, or balance.

This is the site I log into/made the account at:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/amazon

Edit: If it helps, I've been using this card on Amazon and elsewhere and on this site as well as Amazon, it says I have no points. What is going on? I've had the card for about a week now.

Kaladin

Yes, I have received the card and I've made the account. I've even used the card on the regular now. All I see on the site is a tab to the far right that says "order history" but it's totally blank and says I have no points yet. And every other tab on the site, there is no section anywhere for transaction history, payment due date, or balance.

Edit: If it helps, I've been using this card on Amazon and elsewhere and on this site as well as Amazon, it says I have no points. What is going on? I've had the card for about a week now.

You will typically get your award points whenever your bill generates.

-griffy-

Banned

I don't think your points get added until the end of each billing cycle. As for the other info, I don't know what to tell you. I log in on Chase.com and I get all my info immediately there on the page, showing my balance, available credit, rewards, and transactions beneath that.

sangreal

your problem is just the url you are using

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom