• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not 1 mention of Hummels dreadful, dreadful showing.
Of course not, neither did I mention Badstuber or Khedira who didn't do enough for defense and just sort of automatically assumed his position as an attacking DM like vs. Greece, but who the fuck knows what Löw whispered in his ear?
I just mentioned the broken Bayern bunch & the players who were wrongly placed/fielded by Löw.
No, Hummels made a bunch of mistakes including the 1-0 together with Badstuber, but he had 2 huge scoring opportunities in front of the Italian goal so yes, of course I'm less critical of him.

fuenf

Bwahahahah, hilarious to hear that coming from a Bayern fan. Are also Miami Heat fan by any chance too??
How is that not showing class? I did commend Italy for playing well and exposing us:

Bayern fan since 94, when all of my friends became Dortmund fans because of the 2 titles in 95 /96 (shudder). I despise the Heat (honestly worst team ever!).

You did congratulate them, but what about the sudden bashing of our team / the Bayern players? We win together, we lose together. Didnt really expect you to call off the truce within minutes of our defeat (i even defended Hummels hours after the game). Even Milchmann was pretty reasonable (by his standards).

Of course not, neither did I mention Badstuber or Khedira who didn't do enough for defense and just sort of automatically assumed his position as an attacking DM like vs. Greece, but who the fuck knows what Löw whispered in his ear?
I just mentioned the broken Bayern bunch & the players who were wrongly placed/fielded by Löw.
No, Hummels made a bunch of mistakes including the 1-0 together with Badstuber, but he had 2 huge scoring opportunities in front of the Italian goal so yes, of course I'm less critical of him.

I can live with this analysis. You were drunk last night and everything is forgotten :) Let's be honest the Euro 2012 Thread is just a trainwreck of a thread and most people in there have no clue about football.

sohois

I can't imagine the games being tremendously arduous, to be honest.

Its Stuart Pearce; any midfielder is gonna spend the game constantly running back and forth as the ball flies over their heads and then gets sent straight back. Could take a lot out of a player.

spidye

saying they don't give their all for the team is just plain wrong
2,h=343.bild.jpg

yeah he looks like he didn't care

GorillaJu

You German fans need to take a page out of us United/Liverpool fans' books. We treat each other with humility and never call each other names. It is out of sheer respect for them that I use only the freshest and longest-lasting dog shit to burn in a brown paper sack at Salazar's doorstep. Anything less would be an insult.

^ heh :)

Bayern fan since 94, when all of my friends became Dortmund fans because of the 2 titles in 95 /96 (shudder). I despise the Heat (honestly worst team ever!).

You did congratulate them, but what about the sudden bashing of our team / the Bayern players? We win together, we lose together. Didnt really expect you to call off the truce within minutes of our defeat (i even defended Hummels hours after the game). Even Milchmann was pretty reasonable (by his standards).

Well good for you, not everyone is like you though (especially in case of Bayern & the national team), obviously.

What do you mean by sudden bashing? It was like 2h later after all the interviews and watching them act like it's all fine & dandy. I could barely hold it during the other games with Schweinsteiger who is absolutely not fit to play and should never find himself on the pitch.
But then his presence is supposedly like a moral bonus in strategy games, lol
Yes yes, those passes vs. NL, but he was absolutely left to himself & unguarded.

What else is there? They have the loser gene (Kroos inherited it too, Müller didn't) and they're unlikely to win anything, I just hope other player will replace them till 2014.

Gambit

saying they don't give their all for the team is just plain wrong
2,h=343.bild.jpg

yeah he looks like he didn't care

Müller is class.

Shame he had his off-season this year (not in 2011 like Badstuber), but he still shows determination and the will to win.

I fully expect him to become Bayern captain in the future.

Edit:

Germany should be thankful. They have an exceptionally talented team who just need to learn to handle the big occasions but they stick together. There were no reports of infighting, egs etc... while our Netherlands NT is in tatters and divided as fuck with everyones ego getting in the way.

Germany are a joy to watch and their success will come. It's only a matter of time. I must say though, I prefer Reus to Podolski and Klose to Gomez in the national team. just my opinion.

You know, sometimes I am annoyed at how much the German players "stick together" and like each other. A bit of friction would not hurt the team at all.

Kahn and Effenberg weren't great friends with all the other players. Neither were Sammer or Matthäus.

With Kahn especially I think his own defence was afraid of him.

Lightning

Banned
Germany should be thankful. They have an exceptionally talented team who just need to learn to handle the big occasions but they stick together. There were no reports of infighting, egos etc... while our Netherlands NT is in tatters and divided as fuck with everyones ego getting in the way.

Germany are a joy to watch and their success will come. It's only a matter of time. I must say though, I prefer Reus to Podolski and Klose to Gomez in the national team. just my opinion.

Despite being linked to Liverpool, Lacina Traore is officially going to Anzhi.

A Traore-Eto'o partnership could be scary for opposing teams. Thankfully, Anzhi's lineup will still be half-filled with scrubs, because of the foreigner limit. In a lesser league a team like that could have just bought their way to a title.

GorillaJu

Despite being linked to Liverpool, Lacina Traore is officially going to Anzhi.

A Traore-Eto'o partnership could be scary for opposing teams. Thankfully, Anzhi's lineup will still be half-filled with scrubs, because of the foreigner limit. In a lesser league a team like that could have just bought their way to a title.

The Liverpool link was because our manager was interested in him at his previous club, but didn't have the funds to buy him. Statistics wise, Traore and Andy Carroll are so similar that there is literally no reason to consider hiring him for Liverpool — he would have been a good option at a vastly lower fee, had we been looking to bring him in before big Andy's transfer. Now, though, it makes no sense.

Just paper talk. Though I do think he's a decent player.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hey Yurt, to my suprise out here in Florida I found this for the back of my new Juve kit.

It was the only name they had left. So happy.
Haha brilliant! And it's the only name you should get anyway !! :D

So glad I never bought his shirt. Never really liked him.

After seeing Montolivo and Cassano playing today I personally can't wait until the season begins. Milan will kick ass, I'm sure!

Welcome! You'll get along well with WoodenLung
CAnIG.gif

Müller is class.

Shame he had his off-season this year (not in 2011 like Badstuber), but he still shows determination and the will to win.

I fully expect him to become Bayern captain in the future.
Absolutely, him & Hummels (who's set to become the Dortmund captain) will probably duke it out for the Nati captain.

Germany should be thankful. They have an exceptionally talented team who just need to learn to handle the big occasions but they stick together. There were no reports of infighting, egs etc... while our Netherlands NT is in tatters and divided as fuck with everyones ego getting in the way.

Yeah, but look at this way: with this player material how can you fail so miserably every fucking time? It's mostly Löw's fault. We're tired of seeing them lose and shit their pants at every big occasion. Players like Schweinsteiger don't seem to have the backbone to win anything. How is that we didn't even get one yellow card and Italians got like 4? They fucking gave a damn, we didn't. This is a pretty soulless team atm. because the wrong ppl. are in command.

fuenf

What do you mean by sudden bashing? It was like 2h later after all the interviews and watching them act like it's all fine & dandy. I could barely hold it during the other games with Schweinsteiger who is absolutely not fit to play and should never find himself on the pitch.
But then his presence is supposedly like a moral bonus in strategy games, lol
Yes yes, those passes vs. NL, but he was absolutely left to himself & unguarded.

What else is there? They have the loser gene (Kroos inherited it too, Müller didn't) and they're unlikely to win anything, I just hope other player will replace them till 2014.

I dont rate Lahm, him being skipper is definitely part of the problem and i hate his interviews. Gomez said it best: „Wir haben viermal auf die Fresse gekriegt.“ (We got punche/kicked in the face four times). That sums it up perfectly.

Regarding Schweinsteiger: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39341114&postcount=4830 . I agree with you though he wasnt fit and i would've preferred playing Kroos for him and not with him. :(

Currentlly only Neuer und Müller possess the Bayern gene. Dont get me wrong, you are certainly allowed to criticise the Bayern players but you over did it a little last night and just bashed them.

Let's call of the truce and be done with it. I dont wanna talk about this awful season anymore.

Kem0sabe

Yeah, but look at this way: with this player material how can you fail so miserably every fucking time? It's mostly Löw's fault. We're tired of seeing them lose and shit their pants at every big occasion. Players like Schweinsteiger don't seem to have the backbone to win anything. How is that we didn't even get one yellow card and Italians got like 4? They fucking gave a damn, we didn't. This is a pretty soulless team atm. because the wrong ppl. are in command.

Maybe it was overconfidence. Look at the difference in attitude between Spain and Germany. The Spanish players and coach were humble to a fault.

The only thing i remember coming from the German camp was:

"We know exactly how strong we are,” said fellow winger Andre Schurrle, another young player who slipped into the team seamlessly against Greece.

“The coach wanted some changes and you could see that there was no compromise in the quality of our performance. It is a huge advantage to have so many outstanding players.”

We are very self-confident and aim to get into the final and win it, and I think we have justified our favourites’ billing.”

Also didn´t Reus say something to the effect of "our bench could have reach the semi´s"?

GorillaJu

You guys talk of awful seasons, where getting to the Euro semi-finals and the CL final, and coming in 2nd in the league. I wish the USMNT and Liverpool could fail so horribly.

icn_ronaldou3m7h.gif

Gambit

Absolutely, him & Hummels (who's set to become the Dortmund captain) will probably duke it out for the Nati captain.

If that comes to pass Hummel's position will make him more likely to become captain. I'd actually be fine with that. We need a new Beckenbauer.

But I disagree about Schweinsteiger. When he's in form he elevates the team to a whole new level where he does make decisive plays. Sadly his injuries and the mental fatigue have taken their toll on him.

Lahm is one of the best wingbacks in the world, but I still don't like him as captain. When he shook hands with Buffon at the beginning I thought of the old "men vs. boys" saying.

Still I agree 100% with you that it's mostly Löw's fault. He likes his players like his beauty products: soft and unassuming.

Currentlly only Neuer und Müller possess the Bayern gene.

Yes.

I dont wanna talk about this awful season anymore.

And yes!

Lightning

Banned
I dont wanna talk about this awful season anymore.
LOL You make the semi finals in the Euro and Bayern despite not winnig anything performed well and that is an awful season?

We didn't even get a freakin point in the Euros and played horribly. That's AWFUL buddy. Fuck i am so pissed off with the Dutch players at the moment.

Gambit

LOL You make the semi finals in the Euro and Bayern despite not winnig anything performed well and that is an awful season?

We didn't even get a freakin point in the Euros and played horribly. That's AWFUL buddy. Fuck i am so pissed off with the Dutch players at the moment.

I'd have preferred us losing like Holland. We'd at least start anew, not lie to ourselves again. For me, I'd either go out immediately or win the damn thing. Everything in between is tortue. It's the hope that kills you. Makes the eventual defeat so much more crushing.

Lightning

Banned
I'd have preferred us losing like Holland. We'd at least start anew, not lie to ourselves again. For me, I'd either go out immediately or win the damn thing. Everything in between is tortue. It's the hope that kills you. Makes the eventual defeat so much more crushing.
Nah mate. Words cannot describe how shit I felt after that Portugal game... It's always disappointing not to win but German fans can be proud imo as they have a young squad and a very bright future. You don't want to go out in shame like we did, that was embarrasing.

Only disappointing thing here as that Dortmund fans and Bayern fans should unite to support the team win or lose. Leave the club BS for the league season and not the international fixtures.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
IMO, finishing 2nd in all competitions is much much worse than anything else.

Future captain:

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

610x.jpg

Clearly wanted it more than anyone.

Salazar

Depends on who comes first.

Wayne Rooney will still be excused the full slog of Manchester United's pre-season tour this summer, despite looking off the pace at the Euros. Rooney's fitness was called into question after he played all 120 minutes but had little impact on England's quarter-final loss to Italy. The Manchester United striker was suspended for England's opening two games, so had not played a full match in over a month before doing so twice in five days at the Euros. However, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will not demand that his star striker join a globe-trotting three-game trip which will take the squad first to South Africa and then to China. Instead, Rooney and his fellow Euro 2012 campaigners will undergo an intense conditioning programme at United's training ground. The club's policy is to give an extended three-week break to players who have been involved in tournaments such as the Euros.

Germany fans in meltdown lol.

You guys have a great team with very very talented young players. It didn't work out for whatever reason, mainly because of Löw IMO but anyhow, it can happen.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I just got a birthday card from Spurs in the post. That cheered me up a bit after reading that Villas-Boas is almost certainly going to be our new manager.

I dont rate Lahm, him being skipper is definitely part of the problem and i hate his interviews. Gomez said it best: „Wir haben viermal auf die Fresse gekriegt.“ (We got punche/kicked in the face four times). That sums it up perfectly.

Regarding Schweinsteiger: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39341114&postcount=4830 . I agree with you though he wasnt fit and i would've preferred playing Kroos for him and not with him. :(

Currentlly only Neuer und Müller possess the Bayern gene. Dont get me wrong, you are certainly allowed to criticise the Bayern players but you over did it a little last night and just bashed them.

Let's call of the truce and be done with it. I dont wanna talk about this awful season anymore.
Yeah, Kroos would probably be a better replacement for Schweinsteiger (although I consider Kroos to be phlegmatic to the core even when he's fit. He slows down attacks and is not aggressive on the defense), but he'd still be better than Schweinsteiger & then some proper right winger.
Well yeah, I thought I already terminated it unilaterally yesterday, but fine:
hMlJP.gif

I hereby curse the Bayern to all the plagues known to mankind for eternity! *evil laughter*, lol

Maybe it was overconfidence. Look at the difference in attitude between Spain and Germany. The Spanish players and coach were humble to a fault.

The only thing i remember coming from the German camp was:

Also didn´t Reus say something to the effect of "our bench could have reach the semi´s"?
I don't know, you seem to be grasping at straws here. He is a bench player for Löw so that's just his way of saying: "see, it's better when you let me play."
Oh you meant Reus saying that, dunno - would be news for me. Although yeah, they just try to get into the first team so they try to call attention to themselves as they should because they're clearly better than the alternatives that were fielded.
Spain's not humble at all, neither was Italy ("Germany's scared of us"). But it's all moot, we're all biased in some ways. I hate the whole circus surrounding games.

You guys talk of awful seasons, where getting to the Euro semi-finals and the CL final, and coming in 2nd in the league. I wish the USMNT and Liverpool could fail so horribly.

icn_ronaldou3m7h.gif

Welp, it's just a dry spell. Could still be worse (see Newscastle) or Dortmund (near bankruptcy).

Future captain:

NEUER

Clearly wanted it more than anyone.

Yeah, there's no lack in determination in him, but he tends to make huge mistakes/lose focus - still, he's young so I'm sure he'll fix that at one point.
Even though he was a Schalke ultra, I'd still be fine with him as a captain.
Yeah, being close to the goal to lose it all (every time) is pretty fucked up.

---------------
Fuck Löw.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I thought you'd be pleased to get him as a manager?

Nah, I thought he was a dickhead at Chelsea. Hopefully it was just Terry and co rubbing off on him, because if that's how he tries to handle a normal dressing room the man is a moron.

GorillaJu

The Beckham outrage is curious. If you really care about the Olympics, then you should want them to bring the strongest team possible. If you don't care, then it's best to leave your opinions at home.

Personally just think its another case of English people looking for more reasons to hate football authorities.

fuenf

thanks for easing the pain and preventing us from finishing 2nd again. ;)

Finishing second is just hard to swallow. After the first time you can still say "well that was a good season, we'll win it next time" but coming up short again and again makes it really painful. Moreover you can talk about coaches / tactics or players but they arent that bad to begin with (otherwise you wouldnt have come so close to the title). It's hard to get excited for next season and new players because any improvement will be marginal at best and you just have to hope that things will somehow work out.

The loss against Italy doesnt actually hurt as much as the Chelsea one. Italy was a good team and as i said during the quarter finals: I'd rather go out against Italy than England. I think every team in the semis could make a legitimate case for the final and in the end the top fleet of football is simply really close together. The difference between Montolivio, Pirlo, De Rossi, Marchiso and Schweini, Kroos, Khedira, Özil is marginal at best. Italy actually reminded me of Germany 2010.

Phantast2k
Alles ist vorbei
(Today, 12:17 PM)

LOL, your rant paid off.

Lightning

Banned
Nah, I thought he was a dickhead at Chelsea. Hopefully it was just Terry and co rubbing off on him, because if that's how he tries to handle a normal dressing room the man is a moron.
Oh come on. Take a look at that Chelsea dressing room. With all the big heads in there it's amazing people are able to breathe. AVB is a very good manager and deserves a shot at a normal club rather than freakin player run Chelsea. Watch Di Matteo get shafted if Chelsea don't win the trophies this season.

GorillaJu

The only thing about AVB is that do you really see him doing better with the Spurs squad than Harry did? I understand they want him to ideally build a legacy there, but I just don't see him as a good fit for a club like Tottenham. I think Louis Van Gaal would be a keener pick as he's got a great reputation with spotting and utilizing young talent. Personality wise I think both of them are fully capable of disastrous dressing room fall-outs. Must be something to do with the tri-letter abbreviated names :p

At the moment, the world's best managers are tied down, though, and many arent interested in moving. Pep is set for a sabbatical in the US, Mourinho seems more intent than ever to make his mark on Real's history, Klopp is still honeymooning with Dortmund, Deschamps isn't looking as good as originally thought, Emery and Bielsa are keen to stay in Spain, Blanc has shown real weakness in handling the French NT, etc. Not too many to pick from right at this point in time.

Arnie

Oh come on. Take a look at that Chelsea dressing room. With all the big heads in there it's amazing people are able to breathe. AVB is a very good manager and deserves a shot at a normal club rather than freakin player run Chelsea. Watch Di Matteo get shafted if Chelsea don't win the trophies this season.

Whilst nobody is denying that the Chelsea dressing room is chock full of bellends, the overwhelming impression from respected journalists who delved into the matter after the fact (as I learnt during the time when AVB was linked to Liverpool) strongly suggest that the man behaved like a dickhead himself.

It definitely wasn't the case of simply Terry and Lampard fucking him over; he contributed significantly to his own downfall there.

Phantast2k
Alles ist vorbei
(Today, 12:17 PM)

LOL, your rant paid off.

yeah, I don't know about "paying off", I bet it's going to make it hard to participate in serious discussion now & I'm going to hear it a lot in football discussion (Alles ist vorbei, Alles ist vorbei)..
Kind of feels like

But I guess I deserve it for not keeping my cool.

fuenf

The only thing about AVB is that do you really see him doing better with the Spurs squad than Harry did? I understand they want him to ideally build a legacy there, but I just don't see him as a good fit for a club like Tottenham. I think Louis Van Gaal would be a keener pick as he's got a great reputation with spotting and utilizing young talent. Personality wise I think both of them are fully capable of disastrous dressing room fall-outs. Must be something to do with the tri-letter abbreviated names :p

At the moment, the world's best managers are tied down, though, and many arent interested in moving. Pep is set for a sabbatical in the US, Mourinho seems more intent than ever to make his mark on Real's history, Klopp is still honeymooning with Dortmund, Deschamps isn't looking as good as originally thought, Emery and Bielsa are keen to stay in Spain, Blanc has shown real weakness in handling the French NT, etc. Not too many to pick from right at this point in time.

Trust me you dont want Van Gaal, he'll destroy just as much as he builds.

yeah, I don't know about "paying off", I bet it's going to make it hard to participate in serious discussion now & I'm going to hear it a lot in football discussion (Alles ist vorbei, Alles ist vorbei)..
Kind of feels like
But I guess I deserve it for not keeping my cool.

Well, it's a matter of perspective ;) As a Bayern fan i can certainly appreciate your "badge of shame"

GorillaJu

Last thing on the Spurs situation is Alberto Zaccheroni. I wonder if they've done any sounding out for him.

He took a mediocre Japanese side and has them playing a beautiful, creative and often deadly attacking football using many of the same traits Tottenham's squad possesses - intelligence, speed and passing ability. The Japanese FA just extended his contract, but he was talking two years ago about possibly going back to club football. I absolutely love him and feared he'd be tempted to try a bigger project but it appears he likes the gaijin lifestyle (can't blame him I love it too :p)

neoanarch

AVB came into the premier league too soon. That extra year in Portugal and no expectations in the CL would have been a great experience for him. I;m just beating a dead horse. But being more or less a neutral I want to see him succeed at Spurs. Both sides can use and gain a lot from each other at the moment.

rvy

Banned
SALVIO, Torna al Benfica per 5 milioni?
28.06.2012 18:30 di Redazione FV articolo letto 2347 volte
Fonte: calcionews24.com

© foto di Marco Iorio/Image Sport

Torna in auge il nome di Eduardo Salvio per il trasferimento al Benfica dell'attaccante argentino di proprietà dell'Atlético Madrid. Il giocatore, due anni fa al Da Luz col club lusitano, potrebbe fare ritorno nella Superliga sotto forte richiesta del tecnico Jorge Jesus. Il 21enne è attualmente in vacanza a Buenos Aires. La prossima settimana potrebbe riservare novità decisive per aprire un'eventuale trattativa formale. Il Benfica detiene tutt'ora il 20% dei diritti sportivi di Salvio, valutati intorno ai 2,5 milioni di euro, e potrebbe riscattare la parte rimanente per altri 5 milioni.

Please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true.

Kyoufu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom