• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheAzRim said:
Well hello there new thread. I am ashamed to post my time on the battlefield. :lol

Oh lawd... i just looked at mine ;_;.

Have to say though that rush seems to have attracted the mass of d-bags since ticket bleed returned to conquest. Can hardly find a game where the charges are actually planted rather than just bashed with C4/ tank mines...smh

Also I developed a taste for HC conquest. It actually is much better than expected so one can flank and avoid the triangle of spotting.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
they already confirmed no original maps till Vietnam

My concern with Vietnam is the same problem from battlefield 1942's addons.
That the Vietnam add on will not allow you to use the regular maps in the map rotation.
there it will be a sub-menu in the BFBC2 multiplayer menu that only allows 4 maps period ..forever. instead of having all the maps available to the Vietnam add-on in a server rotation of all 14 maps(depending on the game mode)..heck or even just the jungle looking ones.

We'll be stuck with 10 original maps for default mode and 4 maps for Vietnam.

we'll find out but i got a bad feeling that will be the situation...and in that case it won't be worth playing.

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
Well hello there new thread. I am ashamed to post my time on the battlefield. :lol

Yeah, I'm in the middle of a mini-BC2 draught though. I've only played once in the past 7 days... but it was a excellent and very fun match.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Poor Fersis...
Doesn't seem that fair how this |OT2| affairs are going to be handled by Evillore, oh well I' was never going to make such gigantic OPs anyway myself, I just meant to give a shout to all the photoshop wizs out there, maybe we'll actually have back coincise and straight to the point "big game X OPs" now that it won't boost e-penises that much anymore... I'm not sure that'd be a bad thing either.

Assembly Required said:
After updating my stats for 3-4 minutes, all my unlocks are gone...!?! I've played two matches. Still nothing. Gone forever it seems...WTF!

Seems like some stat servers are down, so it's just temporal, i freaked out too, but in the Battlefield forum they opened a thread and seems like that was the reason.

cresto

Relaxed Muscle said:
Seems like some stat servers are down, so it's just temporal, i freaked out too, but in the Battlefield forum they opened a thread and seems like that was the reason.
They are back up...

Mully

Did they reset the stats and weapons? I just tried 5 times and each time I had lost all of my weapons, stats, and specializations.

EDIT: NVM looks like it was a server issue.

Cornbread78

Captain Pants said:
Totally... I've always got them when going after MCOM buildings, and not specifically going 2.0 kills.

I've stopped "trying" unless I search "White Pass" for a DeathMatch, but even those are more of a clusterfu(k than anything.....

Sanic

bloodydrake said:
they already confirmed no original maps till Vietnam

Kinda concerning. So we could, potentially, go nearly a year without any new maps. Hopefully the community sticks with this.

Relaxed Muscle said:

Cool. Yeah, I got all my stuff back after a few matches.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
zh1nt0 (zh1nt0) on Twitter said:
We currently do not have a plan on releasing new maps other than the map packs planned a few months ago.
=/

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I really really hope that BF3 and/or BFBC3 will release with mod tools.
This is crazy, no maps until Vietnam (Paid DLC) ?? =/
Damn the game sold far better than expected with few maps at least release a map pack with two Rush and Conquest maps.
</Rant>

eternaLightness said:
Really wish they could just release some of BC1 maps since I never played it. :(

They should do it, seems like a lot of BC2 players didn't played the first one, so it would be a cheap way to introduce new maps to a part of the community and the fans of BC1 will love it...it's a win-win situation!!!

eternaLightness said:
Really wish they could just release some of BC1 maps since I never played it. :(
Oasis + End of the Line with their conquest counterparts would've been sex.

Come to think of it BC1 maps > BC2 maps by wide margin. :/

How was their support for BC1 by the way? I wonder if they just didn't expect this game to do as well as it did, so they didn't really plan for new map packs.

eternaLightness said:
How was their support for BC1 by the way? I wonder if they just didn't expect this game to do as well as it did, so they didn't really plan for new map packs.

Rush maps converted in conquest maps, I think.And it was free.As far as I know no new map was released

Loxley

Dubbedinenglish said:
Oasis + End of the Line with their conquest counterparts would've been sex.

Come to think of it BC1 maps > BC2 maps by wide margin. :/

Throw in Harvest Day and Acta Non Verba and I'm sold :D

Relaxed Muscle said:
Rush maps converted in conquest maps, I think.And it was free.As far as I know no new map was released

Over and Out and Par for the Course (complete with golf carts:lol ) were also added to conquest afterward. Free too.

Spl1nter

Fersis said:
I really really hope that BF3 and/or BFBC3 will release with mod tools.
This is crazy, no maps until Vietnam (Paid DLC) ?? =/
Damn the game sold far better than expected with few maps at least release a map pack with two Rush and Conquest maps.
</Rant>

The same thing happened with 1943. I think the main reason is the size of battlefield maps. It takes a lot more resources to put together a battlefield map then other shooters. Still they should come out with a BC1 map pack.

And the maps that came out for BC1 with conquest mode were new maps.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
to be honest with ya's if they simply went back and did a minor patch to BC1 that increased damage of weapons so they were inline with BC2 I'd play it as much s BC2.
The one thing that killed BC1 for me was that i couldn't stand taking 20shots from an m60 to kill a guy :(

But yes one of the guys from Dice(twitter) confirmed no plans to release BC1 Map pack

Ocho

I welcome our new thread!

And we REALLY need new maps (although Atacama Desert is new for me since I hardly play Conquest), but me wantz moar.

bloodydrake said:
to be honest with ya's if they simply went back and did a minor patch to BC1 that increased damage of weapons so they were inline with BC2 I'd play it as much s BC2.
The one thing that killed BC1 for me was that i couldn't stand taking 20shots from an m60 to kill a guy :(

But yes one of the guys from Dice(twitter) confirmed no plans to release BC1 Map pack

It's 1943 all over again....

GGs, ergo. We were steam rolling through those matches, was sort of depressing towards the end. I was kicked to the dashboard as I was readying a motion sensor.

dralla

I wonder how much resources the MOH multiplayer is taking up at DICE. I would imagine we could've had new maps by now. It's really a shame too, considering how poor the beta was for it. BC2 is their best game since BF2, it sucks we can't even get BC1 maps

greenjerk said:
Yeah, I'm in the middle of a mini-BC2 draught though. I've only played once in the past 7 days... but it was a excellent and very fun match.
I went through the drought for almost 2 weeks. It really took a toll on my aiming.

gillty

Banned
Ever since BF2 DICE has been absolute shit community wise, I guess they were ahead of their time. All these other developers make Valve look like gods.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Add peoples, I promise not to steal the chopper and crash into the ocean.

XBL:pankaksreborn

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
360 GAF is tearing shit up right now :lol.

Striker

Pankaks said:
Add peoples, I promise not to steal the chopper and crash into the ocean.

XBL:pankaksreborn
Plankton!

It was you, Dskillz, MasterFox, Mully, and myself on the 360 about 20 minutes ago. Sorry I ran off so sudden. But I will be play it again tomorrow if you guys want to roll again. It's such fun with a group of guys. :)

Pancakes

Assembly Required said:
it was fun, started out going against you guys on Laguna Alta.

Yea I was trying to switch teams too but I couldn't find the option, where is it exactly?

Pankaks said:
Yea I was trying to switch teams too but I couldn't find the option, where is it exactly?

there isn't an option. Dskillz is on my friends list, so joined. If there is space, you'll join the same team (and squad) as your friend. If not, then you end up in the same game but on the opposing team. It was weird though, so little players and no joiners...conquest not too popular these days on 360? (I only play rush and team deathmatch mostly)

Pancakes

Assembly Required said:
there isn't an option. Dskillz is on my friends list, so joined. If there is space, you'll join the same team (and squad) as your friend. If not, then you end up in the same game but on the opposing team. It was weird though, so little players and no joiners...conquest not too popular these days on 360? (I only play rush and team deathmatch mostly)

Conquest was never really popular on the console 64 man in BF2 made it epic but yea it's weird.

cresto

Assembly Required said:
That server was so fricken small it sucked haha

todahawk

Crakatak187 said:
I went through the drought for almost 2 weeks. It really took a toll on my aiming.

Yeah, i've been getting on too late and missing the gang. Playing a bit of RDR but my playing time in general is way down. Work and life

Top Bottom