• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kyrie Irving wants to be traded from the Cavs LeBron blindsided

9ReRvb8.png

Cavs fan when LeBron leaves...again.

Woj qualified the rumor as well that he wants to go to the Spurs. It's legitimate.

Like I said, I can believe the trade request. It makes sense given the uncertainty of next summer and not wanting to be stuck in Cleveland if LeBron isn't around. It's the rest of what that gasbag Windhorst wrote that I find unlikely.

Jag

Might as well include what I posted in the NBA thread

I can believe he asked for a trade, it makes sense if LeBron has a high likelihood of leaving. I don't believe he doesn't want to play with LeBron, and I don't believe LeBron is "blindsided."

Windhorst? Fuck that guy. Riding Lebrons jock with no access to his inner circle.

Trey

The only team where this statement is true is Spurs since they can cover his awful defense. No elite team has the cap space to get him though.

Warriors broke the Cavs so much, both Lebron & Kyrie want to leave.

Spurs have to give to get though, they probably have to swing a guard in green or mills to get kyrie. Trading kyrie for LMA makes no sense for Cleveland.

...So yeah they'll probably trade kyrie for LMA.

Tall4Life

The only team where this statement is true is Spurs since they can cover his awful defense. No elite team has the cap space to get him though.

Warriors broke the Cavs so much, both Lebron & Kyrie want to leave.

Cap space is kind of irrelevant, he's not a free agent. Someone can trade for him and be over the cap. That's how the Cavs were constructed.

theWB27

The only way you can be more of a focal point than what he was with Cleveland is if he was on the court by himself. The hell...and then say Pop is the place to be. That ish don't mix.

Might as well include what I posted in the NBA thread

I can believe he asked for a trade, it makes sense if LeBron has a high likelihood of leaving. I don't believe he doesn't want to play with LeBron, and I don't believe LeBron is "blindsided."
Given this meeting happened last week and it is only released now, one could imagine this was LeBron's camp leaking the info to try to soften the inevitable blow of him leaving next year?

brawly

Is he unaware that LeBron elevates him from mediocrity to greatness by being on the field, as seen in the finals? He should cling to the King's ass real tight.

idlewild_

They have some questionable contracts on the book and look terrible when lebron isn't on the floor. if lebron leaves next year they probably won't be able to retool for a few years, assuming anyone actually wants to play in Cleveland without lebron. might as well try to leave now.

It might not be a bad idea for the cavs to just blow it all up this offseason and trade Love, TT, Kyrie and LeBron.

They really can't make any additions that will help get them a ring and LeBron is gone next year anyway.

Unless they trade everyone except LeBron and hope to shuffle the pieces around a bit better or something

His desire to be in SA seems kinda silly to me. Irving doesn't have a no trade clause and is locked into 3 more years. The Cavs don't have to listen to any of his desires.

Also Kyrie on a system team seems funny to me. Pop will kill him

Ripenen

Wonder how he'd fit on the Spurs. He's an amazing playmaker but not so much a facilitator.

With his play style I guess the Spurs are as good a fit as any. Consistent supporting cast who won't get pissy when he goes ISO constantly.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wonder how he'd fit on the Spurs. He's an amazing playmaker but not so much a facilitator.

With his play style I guess the Spurs are as good a fit as any. Consistent supporting cast who won't get pissy when he goes ISO constantly.

To be fair, he never really had a good teammate until LBJ and Love, and even then, LBJ did all the play making for everyone.

Bahahaha. You a Cavs fan? Would rather get him free next summer. I want that LeBron anger to build up, so when he does come to LA, he will have ascended further beyond.

AHAHHAHAH no.

You do that so you get rid of Deng's contract and open up cap space to sign PG13 + more next summer. The 2019 and 2020 picks become devalued once we get Lebron and PG13. It's one extra year of Lebron and a salary dump for Ingram essentially.

Top Bottom