• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kyrie Irving wants to be traded from the Cavs LeBron blindsided

Kyrie has I believe 2 years left on his deal. Cleveland had no reason to force a trade to one of his preferred destinations for 50 cents on the dollar this late in the offseason. He may have to suck it up for another season in the Cleve.

It don't matter.

The 76ers are taking over the East anyway.

Mr-Burns-evil-grin.jpg

All the pieces are set. Time to strike.

^That's Sam Hinkie BTW.

#trusttheprocess

theWB27

You're trying to say that Kyrie was the focal point of the Cavs offense? With Lebron on the team?

He was the 2nd and sometimes 3rd scoring option, on other teams he would be #1.

We know he doesn't want to go to a scrub team. We also know...despite what you just typed he got a whole lotta leeway to play his iso game. We also know going to SA will be worse for wanting to be the focal point than it was in Cleveland.

Didn't say he was the focal point...I'm saying if he wanted to get more attention he'd have to be the only player on the court. (Of course that's hyperbole) What successful team is going to turn their offense over to Kyrie?

Ripenen

To be fair, he never really had a good teammate until LBJ and Love, and even then, LBJ did all the play making for everyone.

Think so? I didn't really watch the Cavs regular season but post-season Kyrie was definitely up there with LeBron in terms of offensive playmaking.

Kyrie has I believe 2 years left on his deal. Cleveland had no reason to force a trade to one of his preferred destinations for 50 cents on the dollar this late in the offseason. He may have to suck it up for another season in the Cleve.

Three more years. But yes I agree with you. He's got zero leverage on choosing where he wants to go.

Going to the Spurs would be ideal, but I doubt he can win anywhere else. Could've been one of the top HOF players, but it seems like he's more interested in playing hero ball and working his butt off every play.

effzee

Everyone saying LeBron going to LA, I'd say LeBron goes to the Knicks.

Melo already there, Porzi...just add LeBron.

Hydrus

AHAHHAHAH no.

You do that so you get rid of Deng's contract and open up cap space to sign PG13 + more next summer. The 2019 and 2020 picks become devalued once we get Lebron and PG13. It's one extra year of Lebron and a salary dump for Ingram essentially.

Lakers aren't giving up Ingram up for an extra year of LeBron. We aren't competing for a championship anytime soon. Might aswell develop him and still land James a year from now. Deng will be gone possibly along with Randle. Plus James can easily decided to leave lakers next summer too.

hoserx

Man. As a clevelander and lifelong cavs fan, this is a fucking shock. I don't know what to say. At least we got one championship.

Lakers aren't giving up Ingram up for an extra year of LeBron. We aren't competing for a championship anytime soon. Might aswell develop him and still land James a year from now. Deng will be gone possibly along with Randle.

Moving Deng with Randle (who's in his contract year) is like the most not happening thing ever suggested ever.

yuraya

Funny thing is that even without Kyrie the Cavs still probably make it out of the weak East.

Lebron would have to play 45 min per game tho.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
We know he doesn't want to go to a scrub team. We also know...despite what you just typed he got a whole lotta leeway to play his iso game. We also know going to SA will be worse for wanting to be the focal point than it was in Cleveland.

Didn't say he was the focal point...I'm saying if he wanted to get more attention he'd have to be the only player on the court. (Of course that's hyperbole) What successful team is going to turn their offense over to Kyrie?

New York though.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Wow, did not see this one coming. Can't Kyrie just wait a year when LeBron leaves, he'll have the Cavs all to himself.

He'd be on a terrible team and still having to live/play in Cleveland. Playing in Cleveland is about as appealing as SLC... as in.. not at all.

Woj reporting Kyrie wants to go to the Spurs.

..so he can play 2nd fiddle to Kawhi and NOT get a free pass to score at will. Makes the LeBron frustration part sound BS... I think it's more knowing they can't beat the Warriors and wanting out of Cleveland.

Redd

Lol what is going on in Cleveland. They definitely used all their combined luck to get that one championship for the Land.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I don't understand why lebron would move again, he's the good guy now
I don't think his ego can take losing in the finals to the Warriors every year. Plus he probably figures winning that one championship makes him "even".

Honestly, at this point I don't think he would get too much crap from people if he stays in the East since it's one big pity party at this point. But if he went West, especially to the Lakers or a super team.... yesh!

Top Bottom