• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starhawk is getting 3 free new multiplayer modes

V_Ben

Banned
God damn, arena sounds AMAZING.

Edit: Game could still use a mode called "classic" or something though, where you don't need to use build and battle. prebuilt bases and the like.

KalBalboa

Banned
All free in Patch 1.04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLaPFipp0l0

Credit goes to KalBalboa

Superman2Clark.jpg

Those modes look pretty awesome.

KalBalboa

Banned
Hm. Kind of tempting.

Do people still play Starhawk? I know Warhawk had a pretty big following for a while.

People definitely do. These free add-ons always gave Warhawk a shot in the arm, and that last map pack did the same for a few weeks, too.

rexor0717

I still need to get this game. Warhawk was one of my favorite games ever, but after the beta, I lost my excitement for the game. How strong is the community for this game now? This seems like it would be a good time to get the game, this would probably boost players.

God damn, arena sounds AMAZING.

Edit: Game could still use a mode called "classic" or something though, where you don't need to use build and battle. prebuilt bases and the like.

The lack of this is what has kept myself away from this game. Hated the 100% reliance on build and battle.

jayb

One of the new modes automatically builds weapons and vehicle stations, which could be fun.

oh cool. which one is that? what about spawn points? does it pre-build those too?

also, I asked this in the other thread, but maybe this is a better place for it...
regarding the new patch, how much did this help out Cypress?
Updated pre-placed pick-ups on all maps (just like we did in Cypress) as well as updated Rift Barrel placement.

in the beta I hated how rare battles would occur in the middle of the map, because of no pre-placed capturable spawn points. do the better placed pick-ups help with that problem?

oh cool. which one is that? what about spawn points? does it pre-build those too?

also, I asked this in the other thread, but maybe this is a better place for it...
regarding the new patch, how much did this help out Cypress?

in the beta I hated how rare battles would occur in the middle of the map, because of no pre-placed capturable spawn points. do the better placed pick-ups help with that problem?

No. The game could still use pre built spawn zones that players need to actively defend by using their Build and Battle (tm).

Top Bottom