• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, he went from angry to sad bitchbaby. Why don't they like me mommy? I just wanna MAGA 😭
If he wasn't actively destroying America I'd feel bad for him. He thought becoming president would finally earn him the respect and adoration he never got from Daddy.

chadskin

No, another one in the Leningrad Oblast, on a peninsula.

DIe2UV6VYAAo6QJ.jpg:large

Winnable (I'm not saying Dems have over a 50% chance of winning, I'm just saying these are theoretically winnable):

VA Gov (2017)
NJ Gov (2017)
WA Senate (2017)

ME Gov (2018)
NH Gov (2018)
MI Gov (2018)
OH Gov (2018)
FL Gov (2018)
GA Gov (2018)
KS Gov (2018)
NM Gov (2018)
NV Gov (2018)
VT Gov (2018)
IL Gov (2018)
IA Gov (2018)
MA Gov (2018)
WI Gov (2018)
MD Gov (2018)

CO Senate (2018)
ME Senate (2018)
FL Senate (2018)
AZ Senate (2018)
NH Senate (2018)
IA Senate (2018)
WI Senate (2018)

MN House (2018)
AZ House (2018)
MI House (2018)
NH House (2018)

VA Senate (2019)

Again, these are just vague targets, not that Democrats have over a 50% chance of winning any of these seats/houses. Don't reply with "lol Dems will never will KS Gov you idiot"

Yeah unfortunately the MN Senate isn't up until 2020.

Jim Hood plus no incumbent plus Tater likely running could make MS Gov competitive in 2019.

Ac30

If he wasn't actively destroying America I'd feel bad for him. He thought becoming president would finally earn him the respect and adoration he never got from Daddy.

It's pathetic, frankly. There's a Hurricane affecting millions and he decides to whine about the press on Twitter. It gives me some glee that Trump will never ever be respected.

By the way, has he announced anything about his library yet? I'd bet it won't be pristine for long...

Oh wow, Alex Navalny accused Putin of corruption and published drone footage of Putin's secret dacha(s): https://youtu.be/MrIsXKdjZdo?t=410

That's gonna get him in trouble.

As soon as some other credible opposition figure appears Putin's putting a bullet in him

Can we repeal the law giving every president a library? Trump doesn't deserve one.

Where is he even going to build it? New York City? I'm sure that'll go over well.

It's actually pretty unique that a president's home state absolutely loathes him.

Another aspect of a presidential library is that the president donates notes and documents and stuff that I doubt Trump will donate.

Why is the NYT giving Erik Prince an Op-ed.

It's just Prince advertising his merc business and why they should be the forces in Afghanistan.

Because as good as news media can be and as important as their job is, it's still a craven wasteland.

Like, I don't think I'll be able to handle it when the Dem's get a nominee for 2020 and they get Hillary'd. Because it's going to happen.

Ac30

Where is he even going to build it? New York City? I'm sure that'll go over well.

It's actually pretty unique that a president's home state absolutely loathes him.

Another aspect of a presidential library is that the president donates notes and documents and stuff that I doubt Trump will donate.

You just know he's donating a nice map detailing his electoral college win.

The Richard Nixon library seems to balance Nixon's scandals with everything else he did alright, at least looking at their website (which barely works). Trump's not going to be pleased if the Trump Library does that, though. But he's not going to be around forever, so eventually it'll balance out.
Because as good as news media can be and as important as their job is, it's still a craven wasteland.

Like, I don't think I'll be able to handle it when the Dem's get a nominee for 2020 and they get Hillary'd. Because it's going to happen.

I don't think there will be another "Hillary'd." in quite the same way. She was a unique situation, a person who had been around for a long time, who had always been a punching bad for garbage news, and who had just enough of stuff going on that could be spun as huge scandals.

I was reading a bit about Obama's handling of Sandy yesterday, and happened on an article that was talking about how Sandy provided much needed relief for a campaign in disarray after a crushing debate performance, and how this was a unique chance for Obama to look presidential, which he desperately needed. Which in hindsight is pretty silly, since Obama handily beat Romney and I doubt a blue state hurricane had much to do with it. But still, the media was even trying to paint Obama as a failing campaign, scrambling for a miracle as Romney steals the lead and runs with it. Obviously, it that narrative didn't go anywhere.

"Both sides" stuff has been going on forever. Where it hurt Hillary was there was just enough truth to the scandals, where they could just put whatever narrative they wanted to it, and it would fit.

I kind of think Kerry got the short end of the stick, not Hillary. His "scandals" were just outright made up. At least Clinton actually did do dumb email stuff

Maledict

The Richard Nixon library seems to balance Nixon's scandals with everything else he did alright, at least looking at their website (which barely works). Trump's not going to be pleased if the Trump Library does that, though. But he's not going to be around forever, so eventually it'll balance out.

I don't think there will be another "Hillary'd." in quite the same way. She was a unique situation, a person who had been around for a long time, who had always been a punching bad for garbage news, and who had just enough of stuff going on that could be spun as huge scandals.

I was reading a bit about Obama's handling of Sandy yesterday, and happened on an article that was talking about how Sandy provided much needed relief for a campaign in disarray after a crushing debate performance, and how this was a unique chance for Obama to look presidential, which he desperately needed. Which in hindsight is pretty silly, since Obama handily beat Romney and I doubt a blue state hurricane had much to do with it. But still, the media was even trying to paint Obama as a failing campaign, scrambling for a miracle as Romney steals the lead and runs with it. Obviously, it that narrative didn't go anywhere.

"Both sides" stuff has been going on forever. Where it hurt Hillary was there was just enough truth to the scandals, where they could just put whatever narrative they wanted to it, and it would fit.

I kind of think Kerry got the short end of the stick, not Hillary. His "scandals" were just outright made up. At least Clinton actually did do dumb email stuff

Um, that article re Sandy is utter bollocks for one simple reason. The last debate was on October 23rd, and Sandy didn't make Landfall until October 28th. Obama didn't need Sandy to look presidential, nor was his team winning. He was viewed as having beaten Romney in both of the follow-up debates post Denver, convincingly so, and Romney had returned to his usual gaffessvile. (Binder of women etc).

In summary, that article is a complete pile of garbage so typical of the right wing that refuses to give Obama any credit at all, for anything. He can't have been re-elected because he was a good president, it must have been because a hurricane allowed him to look good! It's affirmative action via the hand of god.

(Ignoring all data, polling and evidence to the contrary).

Um, that article re Sandy is utter bollocks for one simple reason. The last debate was on October 23rd, and Sandy didn't make Landfall until October 28th. Obama didn't need Sandy to look presidential, nor was his team winning. He was viewed as having beaten Romney in both of the follow-up debates post Denver, convincingly so, and Romney had returned to his usual gaffessvile. (Binder of women etc).

In summary, that article is a complete pile of garbage so typical of the right wing that refuses to give Obama any credit at all, for anything. He can't have been re-elected because he was a good president, it must have been because a hurricane allowed him to look good! It's affirmative action via the hand of god.

(Ignoring all data, polling and evidence to the contrary).

Found it
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/oct/31/obama-new-jersey-sandy-victims

Roger Simon, a columnist on Politico, is one of the few to go public, writing that: "Hurricane Sandy has given Barack Obama a lift beneath his wings." He said that the disaster and his "shrewd calculation" to stop campaigning in order to supervise the relief effort has provide him with the one thing he had needed for weeks: the opportunity to look presidential.

This week had supposed to be Romney's big push, building on the momentum that started with his surprise debate victory over Obama in Denver on October 3. Instead, he has been largely sidelined by Sandy.

Maybe it wasn't as bad as I remembered it being

also
He is being given a boost by an unexpected source, the popular governor of New Jersey, Chris Christie, who joined him in Atlantic City for the helicopter tour.
lol

Blader

The swiftboating thing is disgusting bullshit, particularly since it was peddled by a man who did his damnedest not to go to Vietnam while Kerry did (and not out of any moral objection to the war either), but the single biggest attack on Kerry and the one that stuck through the entire campaign was that he was a flip flopper, which he brought on himself with his Iraq war vote and poor handling of that decision after the fact. It wasn't made up - he did vote to invade Iraq.

The Pepe character was created for a comic strip/book.

I guess I needed the /s.

But I do kind of think that it's kind of sad that the way you stop far right propaganda from reaching children is to happen to have a copyright on a symbol of white supremacy.

Maybe the tiki torch guys can do something.

IDK if this is threadworthy, but the day after the senate judiciary committee announced a deal for a transcribed interview with Don Jr., Trump calls Chuck Grassley out of the blue to tell Grassly that he supports Ethanol.

How much more obvious can you be?

O7iKXnx.png

His first day he marched his press sec to scold the media for not being amazed at his crowd size, he lost any "give him a chance" argument less than 24 hours into his presidency.

His first day he marched his press sec to scold the media for not being amazed at his crowd size, he lost any "give him a chance" argument less than 24 hours into his presidency.

Within 2 hours of being President, his first act was to immediately start striking parts of the White House website that included gay rights, equality, etc etc. Fuck anyone who is STILL saying give him a chance at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom