• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

TimmiT

Found the source of this 24-26 episodes thing:
C5z0WtbWgAQHhMm.jpg:orig
Kaze listing for My Hero Academia S2 DVD/BDs listing 2 part release with 12 episodes each (318 mins for S1 and 636 mins for S2 Part 1 & 2).
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/836813026883997700

Really hoping it's paced well, they could get to some really cool stuff if it is.

cntr

Banned
Yeah it's not confirmed for certain, but they're usually true.
Which storylines are their adapting.
They teased Stain at the end of S1 and in a poster, but otherwise they've just been showing the Sports Festival. So we don't actually know.

caliph95

Yeah it's not confirmed for certain, but they're usually true.
They teased Stain at the end of S1 and in a poster, but otherwise they've just been showing the Sports Festival. So we don't actually know.

Unless they are going beyond stain and it's two seasons or cour or whatever you called it, the pacing will be as bad as the first season.

cntr

Banned
Unless they are going beyond stain and it's two seasons or cour or whatever you called it, the pacing will be as bad as the first season.
They probably will go beyond Stain. The only reason they didn't have proper pacing for S1 is production issues and a bad episode count.

mdubs

Banned
If it goes two cour then it has to end with All Might vs All For One. There's no other natural ending point, and it wouldn't make sense to have that start off a new season

Excitement!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
There's a rumor going around that MHA has an unannounced absence this week (well next week). Fuck if true, but I'm not sure if I trust the rumors right this second.

There's a rumor going around that MHA has an unannounced absence this week (well next week). Fuck if true, but I'm not sure if I trust the rumors right this second.

Would that be the first absence ever? (besides from japan's festivities/jump breaks) I can't remember.

And please, please be a 2 cour season... Please.

cntr

Banned
The editors included a note saying that the manga will be back next issue, so we'll see him next week.

btw Trojita, you better come up with a good title for the S2 thread.

Always fun seeing your favorite series selling well!

My Hero Academia Ranks #3 on U.S. Monthly Bookscan February List

The seventh volume of Kōhei Horikoshi's My Hero Academia manga ranked at #3 Nielsen BookScan's Top 20 list for February.

Additionally, the eleventh volume of Sui Ishida's Tokyo Ghoul ranked at #4. The second volume of Akira Himekawa's The Legend Of Zelda: Legendary Edition, which covers The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, ranked at #5, while the first volume, which covers The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, ranked at #7. The tenth volume of ONE and Yuusuke Murata's One-Punch Man manga ranked at #11, the second volume of Hirohiko Araki's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure ranked at #14, and the 81st volume of Eiichiro Oda's One Piece manga ranked at #18.

cntr

Banned
You know, if you think about it, Deku vs. Todoroki was like an extended version of that time Simon punched Rossiu in the face

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My Hero Academia S2 |OT| Stained with blood, sweat, and tears

Aww come on man :p

My OT title was going to be "My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is going to stain my hero record"

I wasn't sure if things would be lost in translation for the tv watchers and was trying to come up with an alternative.

cntr

Banned
"Stained with blood, sweat, and tears" is clever, but it's a bit too dramatic for an OT title, imo.

"This is going to stain my hero record" is pretty good, though

WarRock

Caught up!

Manga still is strong as hell, but Deku bumping into villains or masterminds first thing in the morning is getting tiring. Would prefer to see what's the rest of the class is up to for one single chapter before that.

cntr

Banned
Caught up!

Manga still is strong as hell, but Deku bumping into villains or masterminds first thing in the morning is getting tiring. Would prefer to see what's the rest of the class is up to for one single chapter before that.
Yup, agreed. I'll take fast pacing over slow, but I want more stuff like the dorm arc.

that said, I'd put my money on the last chapter having a few pages of Deku leaving the dorms and chatting with Mirio cut from it, since Horikoshi got hospitalized and couldn't finish them in time

Verelios

Lumillion my ass! And this is the man closest to All Might? Rationally, I can understand where he's coming from and agree with it as lpoking at the bigger picture, however heroics has never been about rationality to me. Heroes are people who make the impossible 'possible' even when it seems stupid or naive. I'm just kind of disappointed this chapter.

Bowl0l

Togata probably predicted a direct confrontation will get Deku killed. Either that, or he planned to follow Overhaul back to his hideout.

Seesaw15

Lumillion my ass! And this is the man closest to All Might? Rationally, I can understand where he's coming from and agree with it as lpoking at the bigger picture, however heroics has never been about rationality to me. Heroes are people who make the impossible 'possible' even when it seems stupid or naive. I'm just kind of disappointed this chapter.

I gotta side with Lumillion on this one. Deku's charge in head first approach only works if you have the power to back it up. The girl didn't seem like she was in immediate danger and a direct confrontation on a busy street would have ended in a bunch of collateral damage.

I gotta side with Lumillion on this one. Deku's charge in head first approach only works if you have the power to back it up. The girl didn't seem like she was in immediate danger and a direct confrontation on a busy street would have ended in a bunch of collateral damage.

Yeah, Deku and Mirio were in no position to do anything substantial without a possible loss. They most likely have no clue what his quirk is and now they know how far he would be willing to go to retrieve this child.

Taking the girl and running would most likely result in needless casualties. These two aren't All Might just yet. Hell, they aren't even professionals yet.

cntr

Banned
Both of them had understandable reactions, but they've would've died in a confrontation with Overhaul. They don't even seem to know what his quirk is! They can't save the kid either way, so they gotta back off to stay alive.

The series has always looked at things idealistically and pragmatically, anyway.

Veelk

Banned
While I can understand Mirio's move to be pragmatic, I would have a very difficult time letting Eri go when she's clearly scared and unwilling to do so. Scared kids like that just give me a reflexive protective instinct I find difficult to ignore. I am only okay with this right now by assuming that Mirio is smart enough to be tracking them somehow.

cntr

Banned
Thinking about it, both Mirio and Deku covered each other's asses here. Mirio's trying to stop Overhaul from finding out that they're investigating him, but on the surface level, it's a scary guy and a scared kid. That's the kind of thing heroes are supposed to deal with, and walking away would've been just as suspicious to both Overhaul and any bystanders.
I am only okay with this right now by assuming that Mirio is smart enough to be tracking them somehow.
Yeah, they're definitely going to try rescue her once Knighteye finds a way to pry in.

...incidentally, damn at having Deku not only consider child abuse, but having him explicitly think it on page. Like, whew.

Verelios

While I agree that not confronting Overhaul at the time was the correct move, it's just that the child in me was uncomfortable at the logic involved in that situation.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I get where everyone is coming from, and that's why I am so glad Deku didn't let go. He knew how pragmatic it was and better to their long-term picture, but he didn't let go anyways. Her going with him to protect them is kind of a having your cake and eat it too on behalf of the story(I hate this expression so much btw) but I enjoyed it regardless. And we got some brief moment of Deku wearing his dumb mask for once.

Also, again, <3 the plague doctor ascetic with the yakuza and really happy we're getting more handjob action next chapter!

cntr

Banned
my impression from the way her body language was drawn was that she wasn't (just) protecting them, but that it was an automatic reaction because...she's probably seen a lot of bad things happen when he takes off those gloves.

Top Bottom