• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

ghostmind

Finally sorted ane logged my old lego (well, most of it, it was getting tiresome so the big easy blocks I left till another day)

In the meantime. What to do?
apart from stop taking photos with a potato?

nyC8oLG.jpg

Chronological order, from oldest to newest is how I'd do it. Though the Death Star would still count as oldest for me, since almost all of the parts and techniques remained from the original.

Surely Nexo Knights time will be up in 2018?

Me and my son enjoyed some of the first wave but it's all just a bit boring to us now, then again I always prefer buildings and vignettes to vehicles.

My big Lego regret however is not getting into it till after Monster Fighters, hope the next IP has some similarities to that

(And yes I appreciate that it was a lot of vehicles as well)

I too am bored with Nexo Knights theme. Although I do think the rock sets overall were the best of the theme so far. Each wave had a few standouts as well. Show may be helping keep interest in theme. Although I'm bored with theme, i still like the bad guy minifigs. I need better photos to see if new wave of bad guy figs are interesting.

My fiancee wishes I had gotten the monster fighters sets like vampire castle. She got mad as soon as she discovered they existed.

LOL. Significant other being upset at you for not buying LEGO! Poor you! :) You definitely found the right one for you.

Koren

Damn, my Falcon just shipped without any indication that it would (status was 'backordered' for the entire time), before I could make a decision whether I want to keep it right now or wait for a better offer.
Guess I have to keep it now, no other options. None.
You actually look for a reason to keep it, right? ;)

Because if you really have issues with this, pretty sure that a LOT of countries have laws that protect the customer and allow it to return it (without a need for a reason) and get a full refund (including shipping here) if you ask for it in the 14 days after receiving it.

2011/83 for the whole EU...

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm not even sure they can refuse if you have opened it / built it. If they want to do a partial refund in this case, they have to tell it on their website, and I haven't seen it (well, it may be hidden somewhere... it probably is, because if they don't inform you of this possibility, you have a whole year to return it, if I'm not mistaken)

F34R

Because if you really have issues with this, pretty sure that a LOT of countries have laws that protect the customer and allow it to return it (without a need for a reason) and get a full refund (including shipping here) if you ask for it in the 14 days after receiving it.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm not even sure they can refuse if you have opened it / built it. If they want to do a partial refund in this case, they have to tell it on their website, and I haven't seen it (well, it may be hidden somewhere... it probably is, because if they don't inform you of this possibility, you have a whole year to return it, if I'm not mistaken)

Lego has good return policy..
https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/...s-purchased-at-the-lego-store-408100000007573

iuuk

Yeah, I know, just kind of want to build it as well as you correctly guessed ;). Thanks anyway, might still be useful for people to know.

I am actually still considering returning it, but apart from me wanting to build it, and buy it at one point or another anyway, it's a really big set and a hassle to return. I still have two weeks to decide though.

Koren

Yes, but that's for stores (less legal protection here, so it's actual nice policies). Customers are strongly protected for online orders even if the store don't want to say it.

That being said, hasn't Lego issued a special return policy for sets above $500? I've read about it a couple pages ago...

Yeah, I know, just kind of want to build it as well as you correctly guessed ;)
Hadn't much doubt ;)

Thanks anyway, might still be useful for people to know.
That was the reason I wrote about this. Now, for things that can be hard to get online, I order first, and think second. Though I barely ever use the return policy (definitively less than once a year)

it's a really big set and a hassle to return.
Indeed... I wondered if you could simply refuse the parcel and deal with it this way...

I want it myself, but I really, really don't know where I'll put it :/

I kinda lost interest with Nexo Knights as well... although i still have to get the Stone Colossus of Ultimate Destruction based on the name alone (though the set looks decent as well)

ghostmind

Yes, but that's for stores (less legal protection here, so it's actual nice policies). Customers are strongly protected for online orders even if the store don't want to say it.

That being said, hasn't Lego issued a special return policy for sets above $500? I've read about it a couple pages ago...

YMMV, but I was told no returns on opened sets over $599 and 10% restocking fee on sealed sets, again for $599 and up.

DBT85

Death Star took up my entire dining room table when separated into individual piece groups. And it stayed that way for days due to my slow pace.

I would honestly build it first. You will probably find better techniques in the other sets (i.e. do the oldest first).

Chronological order, from oldest to newest is how I'd do it. Though the Death Star would still count as oldest for me, since almost all of the parts and techniques remained from the original.

Hmm. I'll have to have a think. 1600 odd parts in a box I can deffo do. Not sure about jumping straight to 4k!

Haines

Banned
Thoughts on the TIE Striker? Found it for 30 euro at a local store hmmm...

I heard good things but when it was 40% off here in canada i passed because i think it looks odd. But im extremely picky

Edit. Going to watch lego batman for the first time tonight as a family. 10 bucks no tax on psn store so that will h9ld me over til i can find a 4k version on sale if i like it

leng jai

Finally sorted ane logged my old lego (well, most of it, it was getting tiresome so the big easy blocks I left till another day)

nyC8oLG.jpg

Mix the bags from every set together.

Liking the brick built animals. Looks like Elves dragons has run its course and is moving to land animal mounts. Animal mounts in Elves sets are like cars in City sets. Almost every set has to have one for playability.

Can't wait until Elves sets start having steampunk mecha.

Haines

Banned
Lego batman movie was the tits.

Only catch is it went a lil over board on the theme and maturity that my kids lost interest a couple times. But makes for a good movie for us. The wifey loved it,

Broank

I was missing the 2 black 1x2 plates in my detective office set so I used the Bricks and Pieces thing to get them. Heard it can take a while but they came in less than a week! Even with a apology letter and a cute little baggy. Nice service LEGO!

Also got the first stage of the Saturn V together and holy moly this thing is going to be a beaut! Inner part of the second stage is under way now and man it's crazy in there.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Also got the first stage of the Saturn V together and holy moly this thing is going to be a beaut! Inner part of the second stage is under way now and man it's crazy in there.

It was my first set in at least a decade and a half, and it was so fun to build and unlike anything I ever did as a kid.

Some of you are mean lol.

I mean... I've talked about mixing a couple of sets before. Not done it yet.

I feel like mixing sets would make the builds easier.

Let's say set 1 has thirty 2x1 flat pieces, and set 2 has fourty 2x1 flat pieces.

It SEEMS, visually in my head, that it'd be easier to find the flat pieces when you needed them, no?

Let's say set 1 has thirty 2x1 flat pieces, and set 2 has fourty 2x1 flat pieces.

It SEEMS, visually in my head, that it'd be easier to find the flat pieces when you needed them, no?
And then those 2x1 tiles are buried under a few thousand other pieces.

DonShula

You may have underestimated the number of unique pieces and the amount of space they take up on a flat surface :)

Ryuuroden

I got my 2 year old involved in building the millennium falcon today and she blew my mind with how well she was finding the parts I pointed at in instruction pictures in my piles of pieces. She was also super excited and interested. I am super stoked.

Let the BB-* droid variants begin.

37170119336_1434ee9081.jpg

Lego UCS BB-9E and BB-8 by Kevin Wanner, on Flickr
Nice! I really want to do one of these too, but I think I'll wait until after the movie to see if BB-
H8
9E has any different pop-out tools/weapons compared to regular BB-8.

I don't love the head on this one, but I understand that will be the hardest part to get right. the tight slope that's also circular will be challenging to get looking just right. If I ever get around to making one before others make it way better before me, I might try something the Saturn V does at the top of the second stage where it slopes to be narrower.

It's not a perfectly circular, but I think it could work for BB-9E's head if it's the right size/scale. It might be too big or too small, I wont know until I get a BB-8 for myself.

DBT85

That assumes the pirate the same colour. I could draw on Snowspeeder and Slave 1.

Were I to do such a stupid thing, I'd do a couple of stages for a set the swap to another set.

Going to do speeder/trooper today though.

Jimrpg

nyC8oLG.jpg

1. Mixed bags
2. No instructions, Box pictures only
3. Blindfold on
4. No hands, feet only
5. 5 hour time limit, every minute over, someone tickles your feet

1. Mixed bags
2. No instructions, Box pictures only
3. Blindfold on
4. No hands, feet only
5. 5 hour time limit, every minute over, someone tickles your feet

We did something at a LUG meeting. Two people can read the instructions in another room, then they have to run over and tell the third guy what to build, without pointing.

Just getting into LEGO now that I have kids. Tried a little micro build elephant. I'd appreciate tips!

FNBKbrO_d.webp

with tusks

jTWSdYz.jpg

Looks awesome! I personally would just worry about the legs falling off by looking at it wrong. The tail is particularly genius I think.

As for the trunk, if you use a couple of these pieces you can get it a bit more animated.

4185620.jpg

4550251.jpg

4210695.jpg

The end would even have a hole on it.

EDIT: For the tusks, perhaps 1x1 tiles with clip, then use the claw pieces in them. Should get the tusks aimed down.
4568387.jpg

408502.jpg

DonShula

Do VIP points expire? My wife is taunting me about saving them for too long.

Edit: two years before expiration with a reminder. I'm in the clear for now.

DonShula

SlCFBTO.jpg

I almost want to leave it like this. I will never see the inside with it on display.

The outside detail was more fun to build than I expected. The layers and angles are somehow very satisfying.

SlCFBTO.jpg

I almost want to leave it like this. I will never see the inside with it on display.

The outside detail was more fun to build than I expected. The layers and angles are somehow very satisfying.

Despite not being a fan of FO designs in general, this thing is somehow appealing to me on some level... i was considering it a few times now.

Oh and also: If you're into layers and angles, you should get yourself an SSD ;)

DonShula

Despite not being a fan of FO designs in general, this thing is somehow appealing to me on some level... i was considering it a few times now.

Oh and also: If you're into layers and angles, you should get yourself an SSD ;)

Maybe once it comes out of retirement
and I get a bigger house

Even though the sides are mirrored, the builds didn't feel repetitive. Not sure if the instructions have changed since the last iteration, but Lego went out of the way to make sure each side felt like a different experience. I appreciated that after I had realized I'd be building two of the same side on the back half of the set.

Top Bottom