• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Hour long queue on Jagged Coast, guess I shouldn't have slept in after all. You only get bonus xp if your wait is over 10 minutes? That's the "gift" it mentions?

arimanius

I would recommend sorc over archer but that's just me.

Yep, same here. It's harder to actually to land your attacks, but when they do it gets pretty magical.

Not to mention it has teleport jaunt which you can glyph to get a chance to reset it. So you can pretty much catch anyone who's running away.

So how mobile are sorcs? Do most of there spells have long cast times?

arimanius

No not really, considering on an archer you have to charge up attacks. Which might as well be a cast time. They are decently mobile as they have a teleport skill

Interesting. Thanks for the info. Usually never play a mage class in a mmorpg since they usually have long cast times and not many instants. I'll have to give one a go in 6 mins...

Guessing high elves probably have the better racial for sorcs.

jiien

Interesting. Thanks for the info. Usually never play a mage class in a mmorpg since they usually have long cast times and not many instants. I'll have to give one a go in 6 mins...

I would pick a race you like the looks over rather than for the racials, because the racials mean very little in the long run. Also, every class uses mana, so the full mana restore racial just as beneficial for all classes.

Elven ratio is a full mana bar once every 2 hours I think. I played sorc to 20 in CBT5 and never had an issue with mana ever. *shrug*

(Don't judge sorc by the first 10 levels either, their playstyle changes as they level up and get more skills.)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Racials don't really mean anything in this game. Pick what race you like the most.

Einbroch

Banned
Maybe they should have opened more PVP servers. Who would have thought that an actiony MMO would attract the PVP crowd?

Visceir

Questions:

1) Why is my skill bar locked?
2) How do I reduce downtime in between mobs? Passive regeneration is slow as fuck.

EDIT: I was wondering why I started at level 20, this makes sense.

Get regen xx hp every 5 seconds crystals for your armor (and mp regen if you're slayer/zerker) for weapons, that will help a lot.

I'm 10% away from lvl 38, did my first CR run and got a golden ring (meh), got disconnected as I got back to town and was 2200th in queue :(

Someone asked which game to pick, seems like you can easily play D3/GW2 while waiting to get into Tera, lol

Wray

Thinking about jumping into this game, but have hesitations due to questions about end game content.

Can somebody tell me how raiding is going to be structured and how end game content is going to work? Korean mmo's dont have a good track record with that, and I could care less about pvp in any mmo.

2San

So how mobile are sorcs? Do most of there spells have long cast times?
Depends on the spell really. You have range of spells that are pretty much instant and do pack a punch(magma bomb, flame barage, etc.) and you have a slow casting spell, but those are nukes which are pretty much the hardest hitting skills in the game(fire bomb, forgot others). On 48 you get a skill which makes you cast these 70% faster when glyphed(that's pretty much when you start rocking).

They are pretty squishy though and as I said some spells are hard to land, but you do have a retreat spell, a teleport and some CC spells.

I wanted to play a sorc, but my friends who I play with are damage dealers. So I'm a mystic(still have tele jaunt, yay).

Eh, I made a sorc for my first character and while they may have instant cast spells they lock you in place while they happen. I don't know if that changes as you level but it really turned me off from using them.

2San

Eh, I made a sorc for my first character and while they may have instant cast spells they lock you in place while they happen. I don't know if that changes as you level but it really turned me off from using them.
Yeah, but it's pretty much standing for a second to actually do the attack animation, that's hardly what I count as cast time. Afaik only mystics have a skill which can actually be done while running(the dot).

You get magma bomb pretty quick though(level 4 or 6, something), so it's pretty easy to see if you find that bearable.

Westlo

God damn @ the 120 min queue on VOT. EnMasse needs to open up another PVP server at least... as long as they don't pull a Bioware and open up a thousand new servers for launch weekend with most becoming ghost towns after the first fortnight.

Oh well I was going to make a character on Dragonfall anyway.. but really wanted to do my first instance since my VOT slayer is @ 19 and close to it.. maybe later on.

NeOak

Maybe they should have opened more PVP servers. Who would have thought that an actiony MMO would attract the PVP crowd?

God damn @ the 120 min queue on VOT. EnMasse needs to open up another PVP server at least... as long as they don't pull a Bioware and open up a thousand new servers for launch weekend with most becoming ghost towns after the first fortnight.

Oh well I was going to make a character on Dragonfall anyway.. but really wanted to do my first instance since my VOT slayer is @ 19 and close to it.. maybe later on.

Got disconnected, and now 116 min wait time....

This is killing me =/

Roll in DF. We got cookies, cake and no queue lines! ;)

Visceir

hey you get to enjoy an hour of double exp at least x.x

isn't it more like 10% exp increase? And the exp increase is kinda useless when you're max already :(

It would really suck if you wait 2h in line and then get disconnected after playing for 30 min, lol. And I know I would get disconnected if I went to Velika :l

Einbroch

Banned
Fuck this. One hour and twenty minutes into queue, internet has a hiccup, back to two hours. Restarting. Ugh.

Healthy server that doesn't have this crap?

So are classes pretty much tied to their role? Eg I'm playing a priest, I guess there aren't skill trees right, so I'm always going to have to be primarily a healer in groups? Or can I switch it up and be effective as just a dps

2San

So are classes pretty much tied to their role? Eg I'm playing a priest, I guess there aren't skill trees right, so I'm always going to have to be primarily a healer in groups? Or can I switch it up and be effective as just a dps
Yup, pretty much. Instead of skill trees you have glyphs, so you can adjust how specific skill work.

The only class that can really change their role is the Warrior which can serve as a tank or a DD.

Visceir

You're pretty much just stuck being a bealer. But from what I've read healers can still solo BAMs and during some of my runs to SM at lvl 32 the healer was throwing in some attacks inbetween because I barely took any damage (that's why I'd also recommend you to roll mystic instead).

This is a bullshit response:

Chris Hager said:
Hey all,
I know some folks have been experiencing queues, specifically on our PvP servers and I want you to know we are not ignoring the problem. We have a lot of analytics and data that we've been constantly looking at. Here are some of the things we're seeing

Queues on PvP servers:

• Valley of Titans has a large queue with a wait time from 2-3 hours. Folks are getting in (we've got internally people that got in through the queue in under 2 hours and yes they were legit!) but its slow because this is a popular server

• Jagged Coast has a moderate queue of roughly one hour. Though not as popular as VoT, it is close.

• Basilisks Craig has a small queue with roughly a 15-20 minute wait time.

No other servers currently have queues. As you can see the PvP servers are very popular, but the character distribution and players wanting to play on them is skewed. There are spots open on both JC and BC that are a much smaller wait time than VoT, and we encourage folks to go there to even out the queues.

We know just 'going there' isn't possible or preferred for people who have invested time in characters on VoT. To help alleviate that we will be having free character transfers starting Monday 4/30. The details can be found here:

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-server-transfers-available-at-launch

We know that queues are frustrating; we are experiencing the same pains you are here in the office (we don't get special privileges). This is part of the pain of an initial surge of players at launch and we fully expect this to even out over the next few days. In the mean time we hope that by either creating characters on lower queue servers or transferring your existing character to another server on Monday will help with the stress and frustration of queues and get you in and kicking the crap out of BAMs in no time.

Paprikka

Woo finally in, though my bonus XP buff is gone. It either just gets applied to the first character you log in as, or I just took too long making my character, which wouldn't surprise me.

I'm still Safflower on VoT, Elin priest.

androidcandy

Neo Member
yay people are just gonna server transfer on to VoT and make it worse. I don't see how this alleviates the problem. I guess its good for the people who just want to get away from the queues, but most people have invested a lot of time into their relationships on each servers so I don't think many will transfer.

Visceir

I wouldn't really mind waiting 30 - 45 min the first time around once a day if it meant I could get back in right away again if I was disconnected but as it is right now...yea, pretty ridiculous.

Guess I'll just have to try to adjust to playing when everyone else is sleeping, atleast the first few days.

androidcandy

Neo Member
yea I dont mind waiting in a queue once, but I never know when I am gonna get D/C'ed again and there is no way to get back on with out waiting in the now 2 hour queue. I pre-ordered so I could play early and avoid some of the mess but oh well I guess.

Does anyone think the servers will be congested on Tuesday/release day?

I'm just wondering if I'm going to have to wait for a long queue after I install/update everything.

Top Bottom