• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

TGMIII

I made it to level 10 today and still haven't experienced a party in this game yet. Is there a certain point where partying becomes the norm?

You'll run into the BAM quests soon enough which, unless you want to solo and spend forever fighting a single mob, you'll need a party for. You'll get to your first instance at 20. You're only at the start of the game.

When is the level 38 cap being lifted, and to what?

EU launches fully on Tuesday, not sure when NA fully launches. Level cap is 60.

Arksy

I played WoW during the vanilla age and loved it along with a few others but at this point, I think the formula itself is what turns me off because they all feel the same with slight differences.

With TERA, the difference is the best graphics and combat in an MMO to date...probably the best mount system as well.

I just can't deal with anymore "go here kill x" quests for days until you do some fun raiding/pvp.

Even then, if you do PVP people with a much lower skill level can beat you just because they've played longer and have better gear. It just doesn't work for me.

I love the thought of belonging to a guild and being social inside a fantasy world but the general pitfalls outweigh the benefits for me.

The game itself is almost exactly what I expected. I guess what I wanted was to feel like I could get back into the genre with this one. I don't think I can.

I hope everyone else has fun and supports this game, however. It's really good.

Guild Wars 2 really does solve a few of those problems. It sounds like you might enjoy it. The combat in GW2 isn't as good as Tera but the quest system is magnificent and you usually have a few options to complete quests instead of the normal go kill x collect y. Also the PVP scales you up, and normalises gear, they say it's because competitive pvp is about skill not gear.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Yea had to quit my mystic, to much frustration when every time I put a hp orb down people eat them at full hp, I think I will continue playing it a month from now when more people have a grasp on the game.

I was wondering what those orbs were and if I was supposed to pick them up or what; and the Mystic in the party explained what they were for. Made life a bit easier for everybody involved.

I was wondering what those orbs were and if I was supposed to pick them up or what; and the Mystic in the party explained what they were for. Made life a bit easier for everybody involved.

Funny thing is that I would told people as soon as I got in the group, people don't understand or choose to ignore what I say lol

Visceir

Ehh, ok my plan to get a +16% aspd weapon foiled big time. The ingredient you need to lock one of the bonuses in place while changing others costs 16 mil...and you need 7 of those. I think I'll just wait until max level do start spending that kind of money, haha. Even though I foolishly did buy one of those 16 mil items, sigh.

Also used a few enigmatic scrolls to get new random stats and finally got one that had the attack speed bonus at +3, I stuck with that for now. All in all ended up spending a good 60 mil on this experiment.

I'm still not really sure why so many people are obsessed with gold gear. I bought lvl 37 gloves from the broker for 2 mil, enchanted those to +6 and got a 2+2+2 crit bonus. With a gold item I would have paid 40 mil for the gloves and the end result would have been a 3+2+2 bonus and some extra def.

There will be a new dungeon at lvl 41 anyway and the whole circle of getting gold gear starts over again anyway.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82zQdAjOOi0&feature=related - video that demonstrates different attack speeds.

Midou

Also the PVP scales you up, and normalises gear, they say it's because competitive pvp is about skill not gear.

I think this notion is why MOBA games are so popular. You play more and get better naturally over time, not repeat a dungeon over and over for a month to get a piece of armor.

jiien

Ehh, ok my plan to get a +16% aspd weapon foiled big time. The ingredient you need to lock one of the bonuses in place while changing others costs 16 mil...and you need 7 of those. I think I'll just wait until max level do start spending that kind of money, haha. Even though I foolishly did buy one of those 16 mil items, sigh.

Also used a few enigmatic scrolls to get new random stats and finally got one that had the attack speed bonus at +3, I stuck with that for now. All in all ended up spending a good 60 mil on this experiment.

I'm still not really sure why so many people are obsessed with gold gear. I bought lvl 37 gloves from the broker for 2 mil, enchanted those to +6 and got a 2+2+2 crit bonus. With a gold item I would have paid 40 mil for the gloves and the end result would have been a 3+2+2 bonus and some extra def.

There will be a new dungeon at lvl 41 anyway and the whole circle of getting gold gear starts over again anyway.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82zQdAjOOi0&feature=related - video that demonstrates different attack speeds.

People got obsessed with the gold gear because we're already at the cap. When we eventually hit 60 after the cap is raised, people will obsess about golds then too. Golds truly are the best you can obtain, but the low level ones are pointless because they'll be matched by blues almost immediately, and greens in a few levels.

Golds do afford you an extra crystal slot and an extra enchantment. When people are at 60 and rolling in gold, it will make a huge difference.

Edit: Reread what you wrote, and you already know what I'm saying (sorry, tired, so missing words as I read). But yeah. People got bored.

Thanks for tonight, had a lot of fun :D
Went from lvl 32 to just two bars from 36

Hopefully we can do CR next time!

Some sights

TERA_ScreenShot_20120430_002433.png

TERA_ScreenShot_20120429_234822.png

TERA_ScreenShot_20120430_021714.png

TERA_ScreenShot_20120430_030432.png

TERA_ScreenShot_20120430_030625.png

Hah I guess there's one good thing about Frogster, it's that my subscription is now valid until 10/28/2015, that is 42 months ^^; Without paying anything more than the preorder amount.

I very well know it's most likely a bug and will be fixed soon, but I'd love for it to stay that way =D

I'm now Lv30 and 44.93% into it, still loving it!

arimanius

Got jumped by a group of 3 guys while questing. Luckily an archer showed up and killed all 3 while I dodge and swung at air. lol

Only 16 but pvp as a warrior seems like it's going to be pretty difficult.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Got jumped by a group of 3 guys while questing. Luckily an archer showed up and killed all 3 while I dodge and swung at air. lol

Only 16 but pvp as a warrior seems like it's going to be pretty difficult.

You only need about 6 skills when you pvp outside of your stun skills late game. Death from above, Rising fury, Combative strike, Charging Slash, Pounce, and blade draw.

Really your bread and butter movement should be abusing how rising fury makes you move so damn much. Blade draw hits HARD so your goal is to abuse rising fury into blade draw as much as possible

When a warrior hits 58 you are a walking death trap 1v1 vs anyone but lancers. If you see someone you want dead. They will highly likely die.

I really need to make my new computer because the game you all are seeing is definitely not the same game I am seeing on my shitty graphics card...not even close.

Amazing for an MMO. Is it possible to play with the UI hidden and the camera working as a TPS when you memorize all shortcuts? Or... is there at least a "Lite UI" option? One of the things that never got me into MMOs are the excessive amount of information onscreen.

Yes you can play with the UI off. Works best if you are a class that doesnt need to lock on though because it removes the cross hairs.

Peterthumpa

I really need to make my new computer because the game you all are seeing is definitely not the same game I am seeing on my shitty graphics card...not even close.
It's UE3, your game has to look like this if you max all the settings even if your FPS goes down a little bit. Nothing groundbreaking here, just a competent engine and pretty good artistically design.

ultron87

If this game had quest design that was just a bit better it would help so much. Does it ever get better at later levels?

I am still enjoying it generally though.

PatzCU

I might have to pick this up after my Diablo 3 feeding frenzy is over. It looks too pretty and the combat looks too good to pass up.

Alex

If this game had quest design that was just a bit better it would help so much. Does it ever get better at later levels?

Im in the 20s, currently, and I'm still a bit underwhelmed with everything but the combat and the visuals, which are both very nice. I have a feeling that it very well will get better later, and hopefully more challenging on average, as Ive seen some cool videos but I currently dont have the patience to push it to the end in hopes of it, probably SWTOR fatigued still so I'll just wait for a sale on the box down the road and for when I have less to do/play.

Most people are "SHINY BALLS ON FLOOR! MUST PICK UP!!!!!!1111eleven"

I'm playing in a duo with my wife and when we first started out she'd always run over to random ones in the field and try to nab them :lol Then get annoyed by the "AIN'T YOURS" message that went along with it.

I wish the controller worked better for this game. Granted it'd be hard to really get it up and going with the menus and such, but being able to quick skip to menu and dialogue options would make it more usable. I usually prefer controllers in games but I wound up going with mouse and keyboard with my Priest.

The quest dont actually get that much better, but the story does pick up.

I definitely enjoyed the low 30's plotline about
Samael's betryal
and how it played out, including a fairly epic quest to end it. (Or as epic as a solo quest can be.) Even though most of it was framed in "go here, talk to X, collect Y, kill Z" quests.

The reward from that quest felt pretty awesome until I went to the next zone and did a boring series of quests that gave me the exact same weapon. :(

NeOak

The reward from that quest felt pretty awesome until I went to the next zone and did a boring series of quests that gave me the exact same weapon. :(

The reward for the Pori Eluna story quests? Yeah, i was surprised i got the exact same weapon. 1g 87s more for me I guess.
Fucking spoiled princesses, the one that uses potions is a bitch.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well that was fun, although tanking with a warrior is a bitch. I just might roll a Lancer as my alt.

It's always LF1M TANK/LANCER, never Warrior.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well that was fun, although tanking with a warrior is a bitch. I just might roll a Lancer as my alt.

It's always LF1M TANK/LANCER, never Warrior.

Tanking with a warrior is not that hard. You just need to glyph and crystal strictly for it, and learn when to use your damage absorb and when you need to dodge. It just seems super complex next to how derpy lancer tanking is.

Rinoa

Made all 7 of my alts and already started playing on 3 of em, I like being able to be diff race/face/everything than have it piled onto one character and use ugly hand-me-downs for life like in FF11.

I don't remember this guy in here during cbt, actually lots was added to CR
470975_10150884256882652_508032651_11967711_243466507_o.jpg

redid my elin to have less freakish eyes
473464_10150884688642652_508032651_11968964_753321973_o.jpg

also

I definitely enjoyed the low 30's plotline about
Samael's betryal
and how it played out, including a fairly epic quest to end it. (Or as epic as a solo quest can be.) Even though most of it was framed in "go here, talk to X, collect Y, kill Z" quests.

This confused me because after
dude stabbed him dead
he was back in Velika like nothing happened. I guess this happens if you're not doing missions in total order. I did Chebika and Tulufan before Poporia this time around... and by the time I was 50% done Tulufan I was already 38. I still can't get over his new voice, I'm surprised I actually remember how the original voices said their lines lol.

I do have to say this is my fave instance location, it got that beauty and the beast vibe.

Westlo

Maintenance, 7 hours.

So 6 and a half to go? Fuck, no chance for me to play this tonight if so. Now to hope this is one of those "We'll say it will take 7 hours but do it in 3 and they'll say how awesome we are!" type things.

Oh well I really should be practicing for Shadowloo Showdown lol... need to keep my 0-2 streak going.

Top Bottom