• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M. Night Shyamalan announces sequel to Unbreakable on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minutes after the first audience screening, mere days after completion and several months before release, I told you all that Split was the return to form, delivered something fans had been hoping for, and featured perhaps the best twist of Shyamalan's career. Now we are getting an Unbreakable sequel.

Never doubt me again.

"its like that guy, from a few years back... what was his name?"
"Mr. Glass..."

not it's not. Its not at all like that guy mr glass.
one was a wheelchair bound psychopath with no "superpower", the other one is a girls kidnapper who turns into an animal.
how is it even slightly similar, bruce willis ?

even the old lady that asked is like "wtf is that guy about" and gets the fuck outta the counter

spoiler : split fucking sucks. the visit is a way better shyamalanmanslan movie.
They're both murdering psychopaths given a moniker by the media

Saya

Minutes after the first audience screening, mere days after completion and several months before release, I told you all that Split was the return to form, delivered something fans had been hoping for, and featured perhaps the best twist of Shyamalan's career. Now we are getting an Unbreakable sequel.

Never doubt me again.

The Visit also was pretty good. Didn't care much for the "twist", but the buildup to it was fantastic.

KalBalboa

Banned
The original is one of my all time favorites.

Split, while having a fun ending and a solid lead, wasn't exactly A-tier writing and directing material.

It was also the best M Night film in ages. He's not sporting a great batting average.

Bread

Banned
Yes, it's everyone's fault that the director/studio made official announcements.
Eh I'm just frustrated because I've been actively avoiding spoilers like the plague for months and didn't make it out to the theater to see it yet. Wish I knew it just came out on video last week, would have watched it already.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
"Mr. Glass..."

one was a wheelchair bound psychopath with no "superpower", the other one is a girls kidnapper who turns into an animal.

even the old lady that asked is like "wtf is that guy about" and gets the fuck outta the counter

spoiler : split fucking sucks. the visit is a way better shyamalanmanslan movie.

The Visit was terrible. Split rules. Opinions ;)

Can't wait for this!

Eh I'm just frustrated because I've been actively avoiding spoilers like the plague for months and didn't make it out to the theater to see it yet. Wish I knew it just came out on video last week, would have watched it already.

Hey I understand! I just saw it days ago myself. I would've been a little upset too, but it's not like news shouldn't be reported :p

Ninjimbo

Split was awesome and I've always been interested in what Shymalan does. I think it'll be good.

Ana Taylor Joy tho, why would she be in this? Isn't she just normal? 🤔

Elandyll

Banned
"Mr. Glass..."

We're missing 17 years in the timeline though, so the Diner comments in Split would imply that Glass got to be known as a meta human vilain to some degree.

Beaulieu

We're missing 17 years in the timeline though, so the Diner comments in Split would imply that Glass got to be known as a meta human vilain to some degree.

how is he meta-human ? i dont think he had any power, but I havent watched the movie since it came out.

Kyoufu

Split is great even without the connection to Unbreakable, so it's still highly recommended viewing if you haven't seen it yet, James McAvoy's performance is top notch.

farisr

So Shyamalan basically pulled a "Bruce Willis is dead" moment for any folks who haven't seen Split yet like myself.

I suppose this is kind of a "screw you" to folks who didn't watch his movie in theaters. LOL.

Arcteryx

Split was awesome and I've always been interested in what Shymalan does. I think it'll be good.

Ana Taylor Joy tho, why would she be in this? Isn't she just normal? 🤔

I'd wager
she isn't, given how much time was devoted to her "origin"

Dabanton

I remember back in 2004 after a screening of The Village in London with M Night in attendance. Some of us got to meet him afterwards and I asked him if we'd ever get a sequel to Unbreakable he said he had so many ideas for it as it was his fave film. I wonder if he had seeds of what became Split planned out then?

In any case awesome news.

Lifeline

So Shyamalan basically pulled a "Bruce Willis is dead" moment for any folks who haven't seen Split yet like myself.

I suppose this is kind of a "screw you" to folks who didn't watch his movie in theaters. LOL.

Eh, the twist is more like a after credits style tease than being important to the plot

Septic360

Banned
1nxjt2.jpg

Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom