• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2013 - Malmö, Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
My early predictions for Top10 based on running order:

1. Denmark
2. Ukraine
3. Norway
4. Azerbaijan
5. Georgia
6. Germany
7. Russia
8. Greece
9. Italy
10. Netherlands

Seems the juries love Italy and the Netherlands. I had Sweden in there originally.

My final prediction:

1. Denmark
2. Ukraine
3. Norway
4. Azerbaijan
5. Georgia
6. Greece
7. Russia
8. Netherlands
9. Finland
10. Ireland

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Did Bosnia not make the final this year? Was hoping for more Laka aka the only eurovision song contest entrant I've genuinely thought was brilliant. I really need to get his album from last year.

They are skipping out his year due to financial situation

There are songs that work better if performed in the original language and this can be for several reasons including the lyrics of the song and the singer's voice. It doesn't have to be fucking political and it should be up to the country performing the song.

It has nothing to do with politics. Also, calm down.

Don't the the previous winners usually perform during the break or something? Or am I imagining things...

They generally perform some time during the contest. Most often they open, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened during the voting/calculation break, or at the end of the show.

For what it's worth, she also performed at the opening of Semi 1.

Did Bosnia not make the final this year? Was hoping for more Laka aka the only eurovision song contest entrant I've genuinely thought was brilliant. I really need to get his album from last year.

Nope, didn't make it.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
There's a political point that could be made about Ireland being 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom