• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GBA Virtual Console for Wii U Debuts This Year, with F-Zero and more!

HUELEN10

YwAoK72.png

thrcaZp.png

zwVJzdg.png

QWSNHdf.png

LkELBY7.png

DP4BdxL.png

5RkpdKt.png

Also Super Mario Advance 2. Are the prices decent?

Still blows my mind that I cannot play these portable games on my portable system. Instead I'm forced to use the shitty controller LCD or stretch each pixel out an inch on a HDTV.

CDX

NoA Direct had Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island.

*sigh*

For Wii U VC, I wanted

SNES Yoshi's Island

not

GBA Yoshi's Island

:(

Nibiru

Banned
I want more virtual console games entirely without having to go to the Wii menu. Why can't all the VC games that were available for the Wii be on the Wii U?

What about the 3DS?

Wii U is saved
Would rather have these on 3DS

Where's the 3DS GBA VC?

I'd prefer 3DS, but I'll take Wii U. :p

Making these Wii U instead of 3DS is RIDICULOUS.

uh why isn't this on 3ds?

Oh good, you guys got it covered. Exactly what I came in here to say.

Seriously, what the hell Nintendo?

Dandalf

Neo Member
If Nintendo would finally link all accounts and allow users to have a singular Nintendo account where all their purchases transferred from Wii U to 3DS and vice versa they'd be on to something.

This is an odd choice to offer on the Wii U and not the 3DS...

MrDaravon

Unfuckingbelievable that this still isn't happening on the 3DS. And I say that as someone who is likely buying a Wii U very soon. I've had the GBA ambassador games on my 3DS forever Nintendo, you can clearly fucking do it. Holy shit what the fuck.

ngower

Like most in this thread, I don't understand why the handheld games aren't playable on a handheld....

And then there's the business side of things, with the install base of the two systems being drastically disparate.

GeeDuhb

Fucking Nintendo, I swear...how about you put the damn HANDHELD VC Games on a HANDHELD...how hard is this to understand?

This company is so damn blind its silly...

Why the hate for this? We knew and GBA VC would be only on Wii U, we've known it for like a year.

It doesn't mean we like it, or that it's a good decision.

Hell, it could have been a great announcement. "Surprise, it's coming to both!"

Now I'm worried I'll buy GBA games on my Wii U VC, and they'll launch it on 3DS later and there will be no cross buy, Because there's never any cross buy.

Oh good, you guys got it covered. Exactly what I came in here to say.

Seriously, what the hell Nintendo?

Yep. The news did nothing for me and my first thought was "those 3-4 games they announced will be the only games for like eight months"

Nintendo really sucks shit at their Virtual Console service.

Hatty

NoA Direct had Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island.

*sigh*

For Wii U VC, I wanted

SNES Yoshi's Island

not

GBA Yoshi's Island

:(
the only thing wrong with GBA yoshi is that yoshi makes those awful noises and the music is lower quality
hopefully they'll fix the latter

Jucksalbe

Banned
Well, I'm glad they finally gave a specific date, but I still wonder what took them so long. Also NA/Europe have a lot less titles confirmed so far, which doesn't exactly make me feel optimistic. 650yen is a good price, though, I expected it to be at least as much as the SNES titles.
Now for that N64 VC you announced along the GBA VC....

MLH

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 was on the EU stream, what a pointless game to add, the superior version is on the SNES on the Wii U VC. The only reason for people to buy the GBA version of any SNES port would be for the portability, but since it is on console... :S

entremet

Can any Nintendo experts explain why this isn't a 3DS thing when the Ambassador games already proof that Nintendo can do this on the 3DS?

Drago

fucking FINALLY

and Japan already has a far superior starting lineup than NA does. brb committing sudoku

meanspartan

Fuck this. I am not buying their console to play GBA games. GBA games should be on both, but if they must choose only one they should quite clearly be on 3DS!

That 240x160 resolution is sure gonna look good on an HDTV.

Lame move Nintendo.

jts

...hate me...
Fucking Nintendo, I swear...how about you put the damn HANDHELD VC Games on a HANDHELD...how hard is this to understand?

This company is so damn blind its silly...
Games are games. Games born as handheld games made it to home consoles successfully and vice-versa, so that argument is moot.

I'm guessing it's much easier to have them running on more powerful hardware. Heard that the 3DS ambassador GBA games had issues.

Toad.T

Banned
Japan: Basically every major GBA 1st party franchise, barring Pokémon. (Some even have all their games already on)
Western World: 2 Mario titles, Metroid fusion and a vague promise of "AND MORE..."

They aren't even Japanese exclusive titles. Why delay them at all?

NotLiquid

Been wanting to play Superstar Saga for eons on the TV without the need of a Gameboy Player.

This news is very satisfying to me.

Top Bottom