• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 Game Informer Details [Use new thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImLibo

I dont know if this has been confirmed but Dead Space 3 has a Feburary release date,no specific day though.

More Details:

•Co-op confirmed
•No competitive multiplayer in DS3
•Now has universal ammo pickups
•Cover system added
•Unitologists pose a threat now,the screens look like they're shooting at isaac while hes taking cover
•Co-Op will add new cutscenes and interactions between isaac and carver,"if you play single player you'll hear everything you need to hear to get the whole story."

•"Dead Space 3 will have zero gravity space sections,dark corridors,and all the other things that made the series what it is"

•New necromorphs called Fodder,feeders & something Visceral internally calls 'The snow beast' plus a huge 30 story tall centipede necro morph called the Nexus
•Feeders are "what happens when a human isn't actually infected by a Swarm or by a Divider head,but by necessity ends up eating the flesh of a turned necro"

•Icy Planet is called Tau Volantis,
•Fodder transform into two different necromorphs depending on how you kill them
•Ammo drops are more plentiful
•They want DS3 to be less linear than 2&1;be able to explore large environments and find "unique beta missions" that aren't required to complete the main game

•You can slap different guns together like a Plasma cutter/Ripper combo,Visceral didn't say "how exactly these weapon mods work" but GI noticed enemies drop Scrap metal and 'tungsten' now.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I dont know if this has been confirmed but Dead Space 3 has a Feburary release date,no specific day though.

Are there any other details on the game btw? If you have some, I can break your post off into another new thread.

ImLibo

Are there any other details on the game btw? If you have some, I can break your post off into another new thread.
Co-op confirmed
No competitive multiplayer in DS3
Now has universal ammo pickups
Cover system added
Unitologists pose a threat now,the screens look like they're shooting at isaac while hes taking cover

tumblr_m4tizhjpbO1r4w9qw.gif

s7evn

I can't think of a reason why a survival horror game with enemies that don't shoot at you would need a cover system. Unless, all the necromorphs now have guns!

Well it was nice knowing you Dead Space, while it lasted. EA claims another victim.

Ugh. It's fantastic that you've been to the future and you can tell us how much the game sucks cause they changed stuff up. Tell me, do they still have pancakes in 2013?

I can't think of a reason why a survival horror game with enemies that don't shoot at you would need a cover system. Unless, all the necromorphs now have guns!

Unitologists and EarthGov want to murder Isaac. That might explain it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's still dumbing down though, especially the ammo.

That's a good point, and one that I really didn't think of until now. The scarcity of ammo is hallmark of survival horror. Not sure how I feel about that now...unless the ammo is even more limited than it was in 2. That could work.

Derrick01

Banned

Because they do have enemies that shoot at you now, humans. Because they needed a reason to make it more of a shooter.

Also I do think the necromorphs can shoot now.

Apdiddy

Yeah, I'm going to completely pass on Dead Space 3 until I see gameplay footage.
Unitologists aren't violent and would claim not to pose a threat, they would just be manipulative and crazy. CSC soldiers that are hired would be the ones to shoot at Isaac.

And adding a cover system when the game (at least DS1) was perfect without one.

Some spit shit at you though, and the new screens show an unitologist shooting at you. Not really optimistic about this addition though.

KorrZ

Ugh. It's fantastic that you've been to the future and you can tell us how much the game sucks cause they changed stuff up. Tell me, do they still have pancakes in 2013.

Forgive me if I'm not jumping for joy about one of the only survival horror games left leaning more and more into just another cover based third person shooter.

Derrick01

Banned
That's a good point, and one that I really didn't think of until now. The scarcity of ammo is hallmark of survival horror. Not sure how I feel about that now...unless the ammo is even more limited than it was in 2. That could work.

I was thinking from an inventory standpoint. Having limited space and needing to store different ammo provided some problems at times, I had to drop and pass over a lot. Now you're toughest choice is what boomstick to use, because bro we have to shoot dem alienz together!

Jb

Cover-based shooting, really? :/
There's a lot of excellent games in that genre (Gears, Uncharted, Vanquish, Max Payne...), I don't know if it's very wise for Visceral to go head to head with them when you've carved out your little niche of action/horror.

If this was a RPG I'd be losing my shit right now. It's still dumbing down though, especially the ammo.

Yeah I agree. I really liked that you had use a lot of weapons instead of being comfortable with just one. Once I can buy number of ammo, whats to stop me from using something like the ripper constantly? Or go back and use other weapons? It just funnels people into the 3-4 weapons that you'll find people using all over co-op.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I was thinking from an inventory standpoint. Having limited space and needing to store different ammo provided some problems at times, I had to drop and pass over a lot.

That is very true. :/ I will withhold judgement until we get some more details, but that doesn't sound too great.

Alebrije

I see DS series as a DOOM-RE mix with a strong singleplayer, I hope they keep that on DE3 and do not become more multiplayer and an action game rather than a survival horror one.

Are there any good single player franchises that have made the jump to co-op succesfully? If I'm being an idiot and there are many, any specifically in the horror/third person action genre?

I wonder if you can tag team stomp a necromorph. That'd be kind of hilarious.

Salsa

Yeah im seriously pissed.. fuck this shit. Cant believe im gonna end up playing the same ol third persion cover based action shooter so late into this gen. If they were gonna add a cover system why not do it before? they proved the game can continue to work in a more action-y way without one in DS2, this is fuckin ridiculous.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah im seriously pissed.. fuck this shit. Cant believe im gonna end up playing the same ol third persion cover based action shooter so late into this gen. If they were gonna add a cover system why not do it before? they proved the game can continue to work in a more action-y way without one in DS2, this is fuckin ridiculous.

I imagine the cover system won't be helpful when you're not fighting Unitologists.

I guess because before you didn't have to face off against armed human enemies (save for that one scene near the end in Dead Space 2, but you never engaged in combat with them).

If Isaac has to go head-to-head with EarthGov/Unitologists, it makes sense considering those guns would probably tear him in half.

Salsa

I hope they keep that on DE3 and do not become more multiplayer and an action game rather than a survival horror one.

You hope all you want, im waiting for the reveal of the NEW AND IMPROVED FASTER SPRINT BUTTON

Cover system, universal ammo and co-op means this is not even close to a "horror" game anymore man. Cover system means you are no longer exposed, universal ammo means you wont run out of it, and co-op means you wont get any desolation feeling and you'll be cracking up with your buddy the whole way.

This is shit.

I imagine the cover system won't be helpful when you're not fighting Unitologists.

They can save a bit of face if they pull it off in a different way to pretty much every game so far, but im not hopeful.

You hope all you want, im waiting for the reveal of the NEW AND IMPROVED FASTER SPRINT BUTTON

Cover system, universal ammo and co-op means this is not even close to a "horror" game anymore man. Cover system means you are no longer exposed, universal ammo means you wont run out of it, and co-op means you wont get any desolation feeling and you'll be cracking up with your buddy the whole way.

This is shit.

They can save a bit of face if they pull it off in a different way to every game so far, but im not hopeful.

gBGOY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom