• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Nope, it's another licensed anime game by Bandai Namco.

Not sure if this is sarcasm (it probably is), but at least the budget games made by Bandai Namco have some sort of typical gameplay to it. 5pb tends to just release "date everyone" kind of games, despite it sometimes not really fitting with the series.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
PS4「リトルウィッチアカデミア 時の魔法と七不思議」ティザーCM - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAO7DftIs5Q
It looks good. Bandai namco sure knownhow to make anime game.

Re:creator 1-3

Surprisingly enjoyable, but i wish there's less of meteora talking. If she's going to talk like that? She better at least do the kotomine kirei walk in circle.

Eromanga sensei 1

Hold the fuck up, is it just me, or this anime is actually well directed and feature one of the better character animation!?

Qurupeke

The Eccentric Family S2 8

A more low key episode but it still had its share of developments. The final scene with Kaisei was very good.

Fire Emblem Echoes

I need a fire emblem anime by studio Khara. Alm is best boy, easily one of the coolest and strongest protagonist.
He's also hot.

Aki-at

Sterok

KiraKira Precure À La Mode 17

Eh, so we get Ichika's mother issues yet again. Not anything new. And it's not a big issue either. Ichika's a bit sad that Mama-Whip isn't around sure, but she's mature enough that she knows what she does is important, and they're still connected through letters and sweets. Well, I do feel for her when sorting through 50 different brands. I can never tell what's supposed to be better. Yukari is delaying telling the others cause... Cell phones would've been nice here. No big shocked reaction? Bummer. I do like Julio shit-talking Yukari though. Would've liked dull eyes Ichika to get more time with her friends, though at least Pekorin finally did something useful. I get why making the cookies is important, but couldn't she save finishing them until after her friends aren't getting beaten up? Underwhelming fight too. I did like Ichika inviting him to talk things over. Precure is all about that. Disappointing finale to this arc, but at least we got hints to someone connected to Julio and a cool looking villain to come.

KraytarJ

Re: Creators 8
I'm honestly just drifting in and out at this point. I'm actually not sure if that episode could have been presented in a more boring way. There's no nuance, no sense of building a scene or an environment, or even characters. It's just multiple automatons spewing dialogue at each other for roughly twenty minutes at a time.

blurr

Well, if we're posting about Fire Emblem...

Fire Emblem Awakening

Speaking as someone with no acquaintance with Fire Emblem games prior to this and taking into account the awfully familiar high fantasy story that touts armageddon while meeting an extensive cast/party of archetypal characters I get the feeling I like this game more than I'm supposed to.

I'm just half way through but I really like the character interactions despite them being one off. After Persona 5 I had been craving for a game that would let me ship characters and this was it, it was filling in that void and I didn't even realize until I played P5. As someone who loved Advance Wars, I instantly fell in love with the combat but weapons systems was something I found weird at first. I guess I still find it odd but I'm coming to terms with it. I personally don't find it to be an interesting enough system though. I ended up killing a lot of characters initially because I didn't realize it would be perma death for them but I'm being more careful now. Also, a lot of my characters are OP at the moment but there's always fresh blood that have potential for interesting interactions/stories so I do try to use them all which doesn't feel all that necessary otherwise.

Ascheroth

King's Avatar 07

That was some sick PvP action.
Looks like Wang Jiexi figured out Ye Xiu's identity. Lmao at him calling Ye Xiu the 'strongest boss in Glory's history'. That's one awesome title for a player.

2 eccentric 2 family ep 8

D'aaaaaw that ending was so sweet in its own way. I like the twist as to why Kaisei has never shown herself to him, you can see why everybody in universe agrees with me as to why we should ship them. They're meant for each other.

Hopefully by the end of the season they're together in their own goofy little way, they clearly care about each other way too much.

phaze

ef: A Tale of Memories 10
028042esu59.jpg

Deep

I dunno, there were some things I liked here, finally delving into mangaka-kun's character for one but that, as well as the love triangle resolutions were all done in such unsubtle, and frequently laughably melodramatic way that it leaves me cold. Worst girl meanwhile became the worstest after the silly drama she pulled in this ep. "Oh hey we banged, now I'm going to leave." That last scene, which by the way, was again a 5 minute fucking still/radio drama was actually infuriating because of the constantly recurring clock image.

-------

Any of Nagahama's older output worth seeing ? (Detroit Metal City for example ?)

Eccentric Family 2 08
While the discussion between Benten and Nidaime was an interesting look at their characters, and the reveal from Kaisei at the end was a great way to progress her and Yasaburo's relationship, the familial relationships between these brothers was really the highlight in this episode for me.

Qurupeke

2 eccentric 2 family ep 8

D'aaaaaw that ending was so sweet in its own way. I like the twist as to why Kaisei has never shown herself to him, you can see why everybody in universe agrees with me as to why we should ship them. They're meant for each other.

Hopefully by the end of the season they're together in their own goofy little way, they clearly care about each other way too much.

Benten x Yasaburo is the OTP.
/s

Ascheroth

King's Avatar 08

Yet another hype PvP duel.
Qiao Yifan also got some spotlight, one of my favorite side-characters.
And lol, Steamed Bun truly is a weirdo in the best way xD

Tonton

I finally got around to finishing Rakugo S2 and I don't know how to feel
I don't believe they implied what they did

Not a fan of the focus of episode 11 either

Still got Gundam IBO to finish but I got a lot of that and I don't want to binge everything so I guess I'll be starting some new stuff next

javac

In This Corner Of The World is showing here on the 28th of June, and since its on a Wednesday its buy one get one free! There's a cinema 10 mins from my house showing it but another 40 mins out that has comfy leather reclining seats, I think that I'll go to that one :p Been waiting so long to see this T_T

Not sure if this is sarcasm (it probably is), but at least the budget games made by Bandai Namco have some sort of typical gameplay to it. 5pb tends to just release "date everyone" kind of games, despite it sometimes not really fitting with the series.

Not really sarcasm, just pointing out that this game is in a long tradition of its own.

I finally got around to finishing Rakugo S2 and I don't know how to feel
I don't believe they implied what they did

Yeah, not many people were fans of that. I'm not going to let it affect my opinion of the rest of the series myself, but it's a real shame the author decided to go there.

kewlmyc

Still not seen Rakugo S2, absolutely LOVED the first season.

It's good and it's a nice continuation/conclusion, but they throw a plot element at you in the final episode that just feels weird and kinda taints certain previous scenes in the show.

Benten x Yasaburo is the OTP.
/s

I know you're kidding around, but im sure somebody ships them completely ignoring that she doesnt see him as more than like an amusing pet.

edit: I'm curious how many are like me where Rakugo S2's ending soured my opinion on the whole show and it now ranks lower of where it was going to be lol

phaze

Eccentric Family S2 08
<In the middle of intensified confusion of whether it's possible to ship cousins without inducing damage to my morals, hitherto held beliefs and my very soul. Please advise.>

Lowkey but still an delightful ep.

But am I the only one bothered with the fact that they're not bothering with animating frog mouth's movements ? Shit be jarring. At least I have actual 2d crowds to soothe me over.

I know you're kidding around, but im sure somebody ships them completely ignoring that she doesnt see him as more than like an amusing pet.

edit: I'm curious how many are like me where Rakugo S2's ending soured my opinion on the whole show and it now ranks lower of where it was going to be lol

I didn't manage to care all that much about S2 even before that but it was certainly a whole new set of nails to the coffin. And yes it even puts shade on S1 as well for me.

Qurupeke

Eccentric Family S2 08

But am I the only one bothered with the fact that they're not bothering with animating frog mouth's movements ? Shit be jarring. At least I have actual 2d crowds to soothe me over.

I thought it was supposed to imitate the way frogs croak.

Hellraider

Re: Creators 8
I'm honestly just drifting in and out at this point. I'm actually not sure if that episode could have been presented in a more boring way. There's no nuance, no sense of building a scene or an environment, or even characters. It's just multiple automatons spewing dialogue at each other for roughly twenty minutes at a time.

I was hyped to infinity for Re:Creators expecting another Aldnoah Zero S2. A bombastic and enjoyable as fuck clusterfuck of a ride, without being the disappointment that it was coming from the first season. Instead we have the epitome of boring. Every time anything is presented it's happening in such a dull, tedious, uninteresting and pretty much every single adjective that has the same meaning as boring way, it got painful really fast.

The direction is boring. The characters are boring. Anything they're saying is boring. The way they're saying it is boring. Everything that's happening is boring. The way it's happening is boring.

One day I'll write my masters thesis on why sadism/give-and-take is the purest and most noble form of love, a mixture of eros, agape and pragma.

It will involve lots of purple hair. You'll all see.

Sterok

Hell Girl 1-3

Assholes be assholes and don't get away with it. Fun to watch suffering, but can the premise hold itself for over 70 episodes? Plus a new upcoming season? Only one way to find out.

Qurupeke

Birdy The Mighty: Decode 2-3

It's surprising that deaths are allowed on this after what happened on the first episode, but it kind of follows the premise of a grey morality hero learning about responsibility. Anyway, the action was great again. That bit especially. The story hasn't really grabbed me yet but it's interesting at least. Also, I liked the second villain, he reminded me of Edgar from the first MiB movie.

Hell Girl 1-3

Assholes be assholes and don't get away with it. Fun to watch suffering, but can the premise hold itself for over 70 episodes? Plus a new upcoming season? Only one way to find out.

The series attempts to deal with the potential of getting stale by steadily increasing the shock value and twisted nature of the stories, which just get more and more extreme in their depiction of a grey, greyer, and black morality.

Taruranto

I was hyped to infinity for Re:Creators expecting another Aldnoah Zero S2. A bombastic and enjoyable as fuck clusterfuck of a ride, without being the disappointment that it was coming from the first season. Instead we have the epitome of boring. Every time anything is presented it's happening in such a dull, tedious, uninteresting and pretty much every single adjective that has the same meaning as boring way, it got painful really fast.

The direction is boring. The characters are boring. Anything they're saying is boring. The way they're saying it is boring. Everything that's happening is boring. The way it's happening is boring.

Unless it pulls a Guillotine Gorilla soon (Or S2 is significant different), this things has been a waste of time.

I really don't know how you fuck an anime original like this, Aniplex (?) obviously wanted to make this thing popular. You would think if anything they would try to get people hooked with some nice action or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom