• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
No interest in Breach and Clear but I will definitely keep an eye on future games.
I love collecting my physical copies so being able to convert a few to retail would be fantastic.

Shizuka

It'd also help trying to get a deal with an established publisher and work with their catalogue of games. As an example, securing a deal with Devolver Digital, you'd have plenty of games to get a physical print, enough to go for a full year and then some.

It'd also help trying to get a deal with an established publisher and work with their catalogue of games. As an example, securing a deal with Devolver Digital, you'd have plenty of games to get a physical print, enough to go for a full year and then some.

You are absolutely right.

Our last game from the Mighty Rabbit Studios side was published by Devolver Digital and Gambitious Digital Entertainment. So we already have a relationship with them. =D

I'm 100% supporting. I collect for Vita, and Breach and Clear is actually kinda fun. Been trying to help support and network my interest to other indie devs and I will absolutely buy any Vita game that comes out of this.

Got a good handful of dream titles I'd love to see physical on my shelf, from devs/publishers that I think would be receptive to it.

Cosmic Star Heroine has all the takemymoney lined up already.

kK2futG.gif

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Actually there is one other digital-only console-only game I'd like a physical copy of - Yugioh Legacy of the Duelist.

Can't imagine that would be easy (or possible?) to license.

Edit: Maybe Rainbow Moon/Skies as well.

hawk2025

A couple noteworthy, related tweets:

p0klq3x.png

2V1BaPv.png

Would happily buy both :)

Perhaps both could be Velocity and Rainbow collections, to add some more value?

Although I would question the idea of creating unrelated "bundles" ( and I think it's something Limited Run should be cautious with, lest they become a budget-rather-than-boutique joint which I'm sure is not their objective), having Velocity Ultra + Velocity 2X and Rainbow Moon + Rainbow Skies actually makes a lot of sense.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Would happily buy both :)

Perhaps both could be Velocity and Rainbow collections, to add some more value?

Although I would question the idea of creating unrelated "bundles" ( and I think it's something Limited Run should be cautious with, lest they become a budget-rather-than-boutique joint which I'm sure is not their objective), having Velocity Ultra + Velocity 2X and Rainbow Moon + Rainbow Skies actually makes a lot of sense.

Agreed, games in the same series could make sense to bundle, but otherwise the idea of bundles is unappealing.

I never knew how much I wanted a Velocity double pack until now. That'd be really cool.

(Bonus points if it included FuturLab's delisted PlayStation Mobile games on the cart too)

Stuff like Velocity Ultra/2x, Stealth Inc 1 & 2, and OlliOlli 1 & 2 would be ideal on duo carts like the French Rayman Origins/Legends release:

I would cherish 'em. That's how the JPN Hotline Miami Collected Edition should have been, instead of HL2 on a voucher.

To double down on this, please, no janky multi-game montage cover art.

I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about :p

Absolutely. More like this:

one thing it did get right

...and less like this:

autoduelist

I'm glad you enjoyed the game despite finding some shortcomings!

Oh, I definitely did! Very much so, actually, and I hope to see the sequel on Vita someday (any chance?). My nitpicks didn't stop me from enjoying the hell out of it. I was worried replaying it would burn me out completely but I actually am enjoying the second run through (I've cleared 95% of the game on Vita, but was waiting to finish because the 0% trophy rate on a few [that seem like they should trigger naturally during other ones that do have a completion rate) has me worried i should wait for a patch.)

Will the games use the same Trophy Set as the original, or will it be a new one? In other words, are you using the same Trophy File from the original digital version or did you create a new Trophy File?

1500 copies is an extremely low print run. I hope I can score a copy. I'd love to see some more digital games get physical releases, even if it's a limited release.

Edit: I haven't seen anything mentioned, but have they mentioned why they went with 1500? I would expect they will easily sell through those in a very short time frame, if for no other reason than Vita collectors will want to get this.

Shinriji

Thanks for the post in here about our company!

Super excited to roll this out at the end of the month!

These are the games that I could buy if released physically. Most of them are indie games with great production values, good replay value and big download sizes.

Past titles

- Soldner X2
- Rainbow Moon
- Hotline Miami Collection
- Dragon Fantasy Book I & II
- Rocketbirds
- Sine Mora

Future titles

- Cosmic Star Heroine
- Rainbow Skies
- Iconoclasts
- Rocketbirds 2
- Dragon Fin Soup

AFAIK, these guys are in talks with Renegade Kid to release something for 3DS but the minimum print numbers for Nintendo are much higher than for Sony, so it may end up being partly or fully crowdfunded.
If anyone wants to make idle speculation on this point in 2013 Ghostlight needed 1800 pre-orders from fans to get Devil Survivor 2 on the Nintendo DS made (for all intents and purposes this is likely 99% identical to the version Atlus USA had put out years prior). I understand this was on top of a distribution agreement in Germany (source). That wasn't even a 3DS game though making this idle speculation all the more useless.

Still the region lock nature of Nintendo systems produces another hurdle in doing these sorts of things on those systems as your audience loses international customers.

emb

Glad everyone is excited!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!
For future releases, will you guys be planning to do open-ended preorders, and then making as many copies as demand can allow?

The concern was raised earlier in this thread; hopefully it doesn't end up in a situation where I need to be at my computer F5ing for a chance to get an order in before things get sold out. Granted, I have no idea if there's enough of a niche to sell out of whatever the minimum run is. I'd just love to have a solid window of time for each game where I know I can secure a copy.

1500 copies is an extremely low print run. I hope I can score a copy. I'd love to see some more digital games get physical releases, even if it's a limited release.

Edit: I haven't seen anything mentioned, but have they mentioned why they went with 1500? I would expect they will easily sell through those in a very short time frame, if for no other reason than Vita collectors will want to get this.

We finance this ourselves and wanted our first print to be sort of a test. We also wanted to gauge demand. We will most likely go with bigger print runs if this is a success.

For future releases, will you guys be planning to do open-ended preorders, and then making as many copies as demand can allow?

The concern was raised earlier in this thread; hopefully it doesn't end up in a situation where I need to be at my computer F5ing for a chance to get an order in before things get sold out. Granted, I have no idea if there's enough of a niche to sell out of whatever the minimum run is. I'd just love to have a solid window of time for each game where I know I can secure a copy.

We may do something like that in the future. We want everyone to be able to get a copy. :)

emb

We may do something like that in the future. We want everyone to be able to get a copy. :)
Thanks, great to hear. Good luck with all. :)
Would Ubisoft run interference if they tried this with Child of Light?
Child of Light actually already has a physical Vita release. I don't know of the business details, but I assume Ubi just published it themselves. And I think they would do the same for any other digital titles they thought were worth releasing as physical.

May16

Child of light is already available for Vita, but if we wanted to do a PS4 run we would need their permission.

Well, not physical it isn't, is why I asked. They sold a few boxes that had download codes inside, but not a physical game.

I'd be cool with like $100 price tag if you put that shit on a Vita game cart.

Baliis

Well, not physical it isn't, is why I asked. They sold a few boxes that had download codes inside, but not a physical game.

I'd be cool with like $100 price tag if you put that shit on a Vita game cart.

Yes they did. It was a really delayed release in the US at least, but I bought a UK cart right at launch

May16

Yes they did. It was a really delayed release in the US at least, but I bought a UK cart right at launch

Really? Dayum, everywhere I looked had a little friggin note that was like "Download code inside. No cartridge." Was I just finding the wrong version every time?

Well then it seems my problem here might be solved!

Do you ah...have a link handy? My searching has already proven to only turn up empty boxes on this.

Edit: Ah, this is recent. I see my problem here.

emb

Really? Dayum, everywhere I looked had a little friggin note that was like "Download code inside. No cartridge." Was I just finding the wrong version every time?

Do you ah...have a link handy? My searching has already proven to only turn up empty boxes on this.

I don't have a link, but I can definitely confirm that it was released as a game card for Vita in the US. I have it, and it's pretty great. I think it released around March this year? Seems like I grabbed it around the same time as Bloodborne.

That's one thing I wish was improved with digital to physical releases; when they do happen, there's so little communication. It's super easy for these things to slip under the radar, release dates are hard to find. I don't know how to remedy this overall (I guess post in the GAF threads if you're thinking about commenting). It's a small, small niche to cater to, and it's not big news for most people when a two year old game gets a re-release. LRG seems pretty communicative at least, so there's that.

May16

Thanks!

Hey, Limited Run hasn't even released its first game, and they've already helped me!

::thumbsup

XD

5amshift

Banned
Oh lord, multi-game covers are atrocious. We won't be doing any of that. We want an end product that is appealing for collectors in every way.

Awesome to know!
I reached out to Douglas earlier regarding something at Limited Run by the way. Let's hope the first wave of games bring some success!

Child of Light Complete Edition for Vita: still available at Amazon UK for example

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I9WW9HS/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom