• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With TLOU2 announced, I really should finish 1 shouldn't I?

I'm off work this week (Teacher pros) and want to play a game. I've tried to play TLOU numerous times, but just can't consistently play it, it doesn't grab me. I want to finally continue and finish it.

I'm currently
met the two people, we're separated in the underground tunnel, the guy is with Ellie and i'm with his child.
Don't know how far that is at all, but i've been playing a fair while.

I find it quite frustrating, can't get along with the mechanics at all, and die quite a lot playing it...is it meant to be this way? I just feel like i'm a bit shite at it haha!

Azuardo

You've still got some great bits to come, OP.

Stick with it.

That said, you've got plenty of time to finish this before TLOU2. So take your time if you need to. Though there's no harm in finishing it sooner!

Edit: I second just putting it on an easier difficulty if necessary, too. Play it for the story.

Brhoom

Banned
You've reached this far and still isn't enjoying yourself, it's not for you. Not every "masterpeice" is for everyone.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm off work this week (Teacher pros) and want to play a game. I've tried to play TLOU numerous times, but just can't consistently play it, it doesn't grab me. I want to finally continue and finish it.

I'm currently
met the two people, we're separated in the underground tunnel, the guy is with Ellie and i'm with his child.
Don't know how far that is at all, but i've been playing a fair while.

I find it quite frustrating, can't get along with the mechanics at all, and die quite a lot playing it...is it meant to be this way? I just feel like i'm a bit shite at it haha!

Just put it on easy if you're having that much of an issue or perhaps watch some lets plays of earlier parts to see if they're doing something you aren't. Its basically a stealth heavy game especially on harder difficulties where you take far more damage and supplies are far more scarce. Sneaking by entire groups of enemies to conserve health and ammo for one of the areas you will be forced to fight is always a high priority of mine when playing. Also its good to explore areas if you do clear them out as there are often a lot of random items scattered about even if they're not in huge quantities.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Just watch a recap video or let's play, the gameplay is nothing special.

Squire

Banned
If your only motivation to continue is that they're making a sequel, then no. Sounds like you're not even enjoying it, so definitely not.

Hazmat

If you don't really like the first one I'm not sure why you have interest in the sequel, but hey, it's your time. You're about halfway and you're through what I consider the most combat-intensive section (the city area before the sewers).

Also, those guys are brothers, not father and son.

Rellik

No. You shouldn't.

It's clearly not for you and forcing yourself to play it is stupid. There's too many enjoyable games out there for you to be playing those you don't like.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
If you have to push yourself to enjoy it, let alone play it, you're better off investing your time in something else. It's okay, man.

GLAMr

Surely this is a troll thread?

It's one of the best games for PS3/4, but if you don't like it why would you care about a sequel?

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I swear half of GAF nowadays is just people asking others to convince them to play games they clearly don't enjoy. I mean, what is this thread? Just play or don't play whatever​you like.

baberunisei

I'm in a similar situation. Started it on release date on PS3, played like 2 hours, got frustrated and never came back. With the announcement of 2 I promised myself to give the game a second chance (with the remaster) sometime this year

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Just knock it to Easy and blast your way through.

Personally I loved the gameplay on Hard without Listen Mode, so good.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
isnt there a story only mode for people who dont like the gameplay?

You are thinking Uncharted 4. Here are the Remastered difficulty levels:

Easy: For beginners. Lot of ammunition, crafting supplies, melee weapons, and healing items are spawned in the world. Also, the enemies are quite easy to kill.
Normal: For casual players. Supplies spawn at a normal rate. Enemies are moderately strong. Sharp melee weapons spawn late in the game.
Hard: For experienced players. Supplies are rare to come by, and non-infected enemies are more aggressive and use cover very often. Powerful melee weapons, such as the Machete and Hatchet, are very rarely seen.
Survivor: For players that want a considerable challenge. Supplies are extremely rare to find. Game hints, prompts, and Listening Mode are disabled. All enemies do double damage. Powerful melee weapons appear once.
Grounded: For the toughest of the hardcore. Supplies are next to non-existent. Listen Mode is disabled. All enemies do triple damage. The HUD is disabled. Enemy AI is extremely sharp; more so than survivor. Multiple mid-combat and mid-stealth checkpoints have been removed. Allies do not grant the player ammunition or health kits.

I finished the PS4 remaster (never played the PS3 version) last November and I really enjoyed it. By the way, I died quite a bit too. The difficulty is deceptively high actually. It's certainly harder to get through TLoU's normal difficulty than Uncharted 4's for instance.

specdot

From what you described OP it seems as if you're not even following the story. lol. I say skip it. You don't have to like the game.

Pooya

TLOU was one of those games that I found hard to put the controller down.

yeah. I don't get complaints about gameplay at all. I was actually surprised at the time how good it is considering how average Uncharted games were as shooters. The improvise style gameplay and encounter design were great.

Q8D3vil

Yeah, its not a good game, but it tells a good story with extremely well done pacing for a video game.
I just wish ND weren't so bad when it comes to real gameplay.

I got to literally the exact same spot when I dropped it.

If you're not enjoying it why push through, and why have any interest in the sequel? It's not on my radar at all.

leng jai

It's in my top 3 games ever but to be honest if you're not enjoying it by then it's most likely not for you. That said, if you want to play the sequel then playing through it would probably be beneficial to know what's going on. There is always YouTube I guess.

Top Bottom