• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get someone into a manga with just one page (READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCinos

Zero - The Beginning

FP9C9ZG.jpg

---

Tokyo ESP

---

Countach

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Some older ones I didnt see mentioned.

Eden:
Eden is set in the near future, following a pandemic called closure virus which killed 15 percent of the world's population, crippled or disfigured many more, and upset the world's political balance greatly.
rzUDW70.jpg

Battle Angel Alita:
The series is set in the post-apocalyptic future and focuses on Alita, a cyborg who has lost all memories and is found in a garbage heap by a cybernetics doctor who rebuilds and takes care of her. She discovers that there is one thing she remembers, the legendary cyborg martial art Panzer Kunst, which leads to her becoming a Hunter Warrior or bounty hunter. The story traces Alita's attempts to rediscover her past and the characters whose lives she impacts on her journey.
kS3YA67.jpg

Eagle - The making of an asian american president
It follows a Japanese American senator as he runs for president of the United States, was thoroughly researched by Kawaguchi during several weeks of travel in the U.S. during the campaigns for the 2000 election. House of Cards-ey.
BnVZZpg.jpg

Sesha

Battle Angel Alita - Last Order (and by extension the original series)

Featuring supersonic thumb wrestling (they're cyborgs. Their abilities make complete sense in context)

I'll add a little detail: Sechs, the black-haired character, is a trans man. He's a clone of a female character, but considers himself male, and transitions to a male cyborg body early on. He's also just two years old.

Here are some of my favorites!

Blade of the Immortal

blade-of-the-immortal-1954687.jpg

An ronin during the Edo period cursed with immortality takes on the task of helping a young girl avenge her family to further his own quest to slay one thousand evil men to atone for his past crimes

Bokurano

beamspam.jpg

A mecha manga unlike anything else, Bokurano follows follows 15 young children who must pilot an alien mecha to save their world. Rated Extreme R

Fist of the North Star
fist-of-the-north-star-jagi-gaiden-1243555.jpg

The one and only Hokuto no Ken! Kenshiro uses his martial arts powers to protect the innocent in a post apocalyptic society

Narutaru - Shadow Star
narutaru-2023125.jpg

A "Mon" manga like you've never seen before, Narutaru follows the young girl Shina as she learns the truth behind the children bonded to monsters. Same author as Bokurano, R rated as fuck.

Slaythe

I want to see someone post one for Naruto because that's the only manga I've ever read and I'd just want to see what scene they'd pick but i'm not expecting it since it's so popular that no one would bother.

You're a DBZ fan and you never read Dragon Ball ?

You're a disgrace.

Daingurse

You're a DBZ fan and you never read Dragon Ball ?

You're a disgrace.

That's not uncommon in the US. Like you said, he's a DBZ Fan! That's the series we were exposed to first as kids. If it wasn't for the book fairs growing up, I would be in the same boat lol

I'll always prefer Z lol!

MrCinos

20th Century Boys

Kakukaku Shikajika. It's an autobiography of mangaka who doesn't sugarcoat her road to success and her story is quite a bit different from anyone else's in a more famous Bakuman. Manga based on true story (without much fantasy thrown into it) is rare enough, but the topic itself makes it even more interesting. It doesn't solely revolve around just manga-related themes too.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
A Spirit of the Sun

A Method to Make the World Gentle/b].

Since people arent commenting much in this thread: I just wanted to mention that I highly appreciate your recommendations. They usually align very well with my interests. Thanks!

Kinyou

Btw. Currently reading "Iam a hero" thanks to this thread. The first volume was a bit of a drag but it made the things that follow all the more meaningful.

Arkeband

Banned
This thread is great, but that first page, lol.

"Don't post NSFW"
<entire page is filled with panels exclusively about jacking off>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom