• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Demo up on eShop

Thoraxes

Just saw it on Miiverse and checked the shop. I live in the US and have a US Wii U.

575 MB. 30 uses.

Go get it folks!

Edit: As is the Sonic Racing demo. Weighs in at 1172 MB. 15 uses.

Edit 2: Now up for EU and AUS

Fantastic demo. Contains three levels -- Teensies in Trouble, Toad Story, and Castle Rock. Dunno if that's the same as the kiosk since I never played that demo.

g5L5y.jpg

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Two demo's to download, yay!

The Fifa one was pretty meh. I loved the Rayman Legends demo from the Wii U Kiosks. Interested to try out Sonic.

I bought and downloaded Arkham City earlier today. Was over 20GB. Took a couple of hours.

This 500MB demo is taking over half an hour. Yeeeaaahhhhh

Kazerei

Banned
Hope it's a new demo, and not just the kiosk demo. Whoever finishes downloading/installing first, please let us know :p

Guess I shouldn't be too surprised, but the Wii U is limited to downloading one game at a time apparently.

It ques them up in the same way both of the other consoles do. Why would you want it to split the bandwidth across multiple games? It'd just take longer for all of them.

It ques them up in the same way both of the other consoles do. Why would you want it to split the bandwidth across multiple games? It'd just take longer for all of them.

Because you can max out your connection better on multiple things going at once versus a single download at a time. You may not finish 1 as fast, but downloading multiple at once means overall it'll be faster (or it would if Nintendo's servers weren't so limited).

It is more demanding on the server to do so though, so again... not surprising.

Speaking of Rayman, I've been looking for some 3D platformers to play. I hear Rayman 2 s good? Is there a superior version of it to look for? Is it still worth my time years later?

Yes Boss!

Oh yeah,

Nice quick ten-minute download. Never played the kiosk version so don't know if it is better.

Looks gorgeous, though!

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
The Rayman Legends demo is the same as the retail demos, right?

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
EShop really needs a demo section. It doesn't make sense to have people clicking on every title just to see if a demo is available or not.

dvolovets

Fantastic demo. Contains three levels -- Teensies in Trouble, Toad Story, and Castle Rock. Dunno if that's the same as the kiosk since I never played that demo.

zroid

Banned

IIRC, Castle Rock and Teensies were in the kiosk demo. Toad Story sounds new.

*tapping foot impatiently*

Thoraxes

The demo I played at the Wii U experience had only Teensies in Trouble and Castle Rock for me. I think Toad Story is new then as far as hands-on.

Also, will add to OP.

Aaaaaaand I got my $37 Rayman Legends preorder still. Feels real good in my heart.
The Sonic demo has a limit of 15 tries.

Also added.

dvolovets

The demo I played at the Wii U experience had only Teensies in Trouble and Castle Rock for me. I think Toad Story is new then as far as hands-on.

Also, will add to OP.

Aaaaaaand I got my $37 Rayman Legends preorder still. Feels real good in my heart.

Good to hear they added another level! All three are pretty excellent. For some reason I figured they might lower the difficulty of the game overall, but if these levels are any indicator, looks like the difficulty is right where it's supposed to be. :) Can't wait for the full game!

Top Bottom