• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek UK artist recreates BioShock environments in CryEngine 3

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
10072012bajlk2.jpg

9l64g.jpg

10072012dkoafs.jpg

25062012rpy5q.jpg

Maybe I'm remembering it differently than it was but honestly the only thing that pops out at me immediately is the improvement in the Big Daddy model and the pipes in the second pic. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal imo.

Maybe I'm remembering it differently than it was but honestly the only thing that pops out at me immediately is the improvement in the Big Daddy model and the pipes in the second pic. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal imo.

You have rose-colored glasses on. BioShock was artistically impressive, but the UE2.5 was obvious at points.

Blizzard

Banned
The second two pictures are nice, but I don't really like the first one for some reason. It feels almost grainy.

The textures are no doubt better than the original game (it has been forever since I played a bit of it), but the lighting feels almost arbitrary to me in spots in the pictures. Like, some lights make sense to me, and some I feel could have been left out, or some things could have been darker.

Overall, cool work, and thanks for sharing! I wonder if people do this for practice often. I think I saw someone had modeled one of the Deus Ex HR rooms in UDK for practice a while back.

apana

Can the same artist recreate parts of System Shock 2 on Cryengine 3 like he did with this? I'd appreciate it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Absolutely astounding. I want to play a game that looks this good technically and has strong art direction so badly.

alf717

Something about those leaves in the one pic look flat. Still it looks decent coming from just one person. Image what a whole team could do.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
That second shot is particularly ominous. Oddly, it makes you kinda feel like you're actually in an underwater tunnel. Not often a screenshot has that much of an impact.

low-G

Good stuff but I feel like the lighting is a little flat & not moody enough, especially in the last shot. There was usually more of a spotlight style lighting in Bioshock that I really love in real life & in games.

Top Bottom