• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXIII and FFVersusXIII direct feed HD realtime shots from IGN (56k stuck on SD)

KTallguy

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I'm going to assume these are from a PC development environment.

Possibly.

But then again, they wouldn't release shots that wouldn't look that good on PS3. Square is good about managing media.

Fuck, I can't believe I'll be playing this in half a year. FUCK Yes.

AmMortal

Banned
MassiveAttack said:
Please tell me you're joking.

huh? I was just asking whether this was the PS3 version of FFXIII since its multi now, i literally just got unbanned dont try to paint me as a fanboy. sigh

Dali

It's about time Square released something substantial from these games...

... lol I just called a these few direct screens "something substantial". I guess that's Square's game.

BlueTsunami said:
Yep. People still don't understand that this is being cooked on the PC.
Oh brother...

AmMortal said:
huh? I was just asking whether this was the PS3 version of FFXIII since its multi now, i literally just got unbanned dont try to paint me as a fanboy. sigh
So you missed the part where they stated 360 development wont start until the PS3 one is finished and released in Japan?

Threi

notag
Sword Familiar said:
XIII#2 reminds me of Chrono Cross.
The other shots are pretty and all, but THAT PARTICULAR SHOT just shot my hype for this game (which wasn't that high) through the roof.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's not water....it's crystal. Looks like they are standing on crystals in various forms of crystallization.

KTallguy said:
Man, this is what I'm talking about when I say Next-Gen RPG.

These games are going to blow motherfuckers away.

Fuck all these imitators.

????!!!????

white-knight-story-2007012404381669.jpg

white-knight-story-2007012404381717.jpg

white-knight-story-2007092003430536.jpg

25q6viq.gif

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
NEEDS MORE BELTS, ZIPPERS, STRAPS AND EMO PEOPLE!

nah, just messing. looks fantastic, but the real question is, how will it play?

Dante

KTallguy said:
Possibly.

But then again, they wouldn't release shots that wouldn't look that good on PS3. Square is good about managing media.

Fuck, I can't believe I'll be playing this in half a year. FUCK Yes.

:lol I'll actually be importing AC Blu Ray as well, Gonna be one expensive demo.

AmMortal said:

Quite a stretch. The 360 version doesn't exist yet.

Dante said:
Do you think time is frozen in that water pic? Can't even imagine those waves are moving :eek:

It's the Dead Sea from Chrono Cro--- oh shit, FFXIII is a Chrono sequel!

edit: Beaten? How could someone beat me to such an obscure reference!?! :mad:

You know, I really disliked the trailer/content that they showed for like 8 years. You know, that ship thing, futuristic shit everywhere.

Looking at some of these screens has restored a lot of confidence in the title for me.

Barrett2

AmMortal said:
How do we even know, S-E doesn't say shit for years and then out of the blue makes announcements.

I find it hard to believe you have previously been banned ;)

The game won't be out for who knows how long, do we really have to start the console comparison shit already?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
AmMortal said:
Yea, it looks too good for a multiplatform game.

Here we go again.....

anyways, I should really contact my favorite import store and ask to be placed on a waiting list for the demo, i know march will be insane.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Can't believe the multiplat shit talk is already starting.

What happens if they both end up looking the same? Just stfu with that shit, right now this is how FFXIII looks.

Once both versions launch at the same time in US and Europe, then you guys can start throwing tomatoes at each other.

jax (old)

Banned
all the images seem to be from cutscene but I believe the level of 3D finesse is doable because MGS4 got there first :)

this however just makes me angry that SE has chosen to delay the ps3 us release by committing to do the x360 version. Why can't they do a delayed release? Or hire a small english team so that the english/jap versions are developed concurrently. MISTWALKER has shown them how to do it with 2 full fledged RPG titles. Square really is stuck in the past.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
AmMortal said:
How do we even know, S-E doesn't say shit for years and then out of the blue makes announcements.

During E3 S-E said JAP PS3 version of FF13 will be done first and THEN during the time they take to localize the game for different markets the game will be *ported* to the 360...

the reason i said wut is because it was announced @ E3 that FF13 would be a PS360 game....

NOW PAGING HIMURO

final-fantasy-xiii-20080826034721850.jpg

We've had some discussions before about pre-rendered backgrounds having the charm and quality that some of the more recent 3d JRPGS lacked. This shot right here is fantastic and matches if not exceeds some of the pre-rendered stuff from last gen.

The FFXIII stuff is really really sharp. Versus is not so much, but then again they haven't shown much there.

Muffdraul

Looks OK, I guess.

*FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP*

I am really curious what type of battle system and level up system this game will have... is it an extension of FFXII or is it going to be completely new?

AmMortal

Banned
LCfiner said:
it's being developed on PC... that's what was meant

Confusion is imminent. It's being developed on PS3 first right? or PC? cause others are saying PS3.

anyways people are getting serious, im going to OT.

jiggle

DreamMachine said:
I am really curious what type of battle system and level up system this game will have... is it an extension of FFXII or is it going to be completely new?

controllable party system
wide map view like FFXII

Threi

notag
_leech_ said:
It's the Dead Sea from Chrono Cro--- oh shit, FFXIII is a Chrono sequel!

edit: Beaten? How could someone beat me to such an obscure reference!?! :mad:
Chrono Cross is my favorite game of all time, and the reason i hate this gen so much.

Of course i'm gunna notice something like this.

KTallguy

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
????!!!????

White Knight Chronicles looks great too, but FFXIII and Versus are teh Epic.

I hope that White Knight comes out of its incubation period looking amazing, because we haven't seen anything lately. I'm hoping for TGS.

AmMortal said:

RUN!!, INTERNETS R SERIOS BIZNESS

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
AmMortal said:
Confusion is imminent, its being developed on PS3 first right or PC? cause others are saying PS3.

I too was under the impression it was being developed on PS3 SDKs.....are S-E doing the type of thing Capcom are doing with their Framework engine? (develop on PC till game is about 60% done then make PS3 and/or 360 tweaks to the game)

enlighten me...

Top Bottom