• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

No offense, but I yearning for the day NK dies.
nSxSwa.gif

Inhave nothing against it since it is a cool mashup but I agree with you cause because of it we cannot have classic castle and medieval themes back.

DonShula

Man, just got back from Lego Batman Movie, and yeah, they really, really, really need a wave 2 of the minifigures. So many of the random villains that I need! Is it seeming plausible that'll happen and I'll have a shot at guys like Crazy Quilt and Captain Boomerang making it out, or is that unlikely at this point?

I saw it last night also. I can see why they held back some of the sets, so maybe there's hope for the other villains. I expected this movie to be "turned to 11," but I didn't anticipate my favorite part of the movie would be
Godzilla slinking away after he accidentally killed the Eye of Sauron
. I admire them for going all out even though they used probably three or four movies worth of ideas. Some of that stuff could have easily been saved for a sequel. I can't imagine what a sequel would look like now...

I saw it last night also. I can see why they held back some of the sets, so maybe there's hope for the other villains. I expected this movie to be "turned to 11," but I didn't anticipate my favorite part of the movie would be
Godzilla slinking away after he accidentally killed the Eye of Sauron
. I admire them for going all out even though they used probably three or four movies worth of ideas. Some of that stuff could have easily been saved for a sequel. I can't imagine what a sequel would look like now...

it was not Godzilla that blinded Sauron, it was the Swamp Creature (I think from Monster Fighters). Godzilla is not in the movie.

Speaking of TLBM, i also just got back from it and i now agree with some of the people who claimed this was probably the best Batman movie ever made.
What an emotional rollercoaster! So unlike everything Batman and yet, it worked splendidly in the end...

also: there's NO way they can top this if they're ever gonna make another Lego movie... This just raised the bar too high imo.

I now want ALL the sets of course yadda yadda, it's really predictable this would happen but yep, here it is.

DonShula

it was not Godzilla that blinded Sauron, it was the Swamp Creature (I think from Monster Fighters). Godzilla is not in the movie.

Wait, what? That wasn't him? I need to see this again.

Edit: I just googled this and if I'm wrong, a bunch of other people made the same mistake.

Fowler

Wait, what? That wasn't him? I need to see this again.

Edit: I just googled this and if I'm wrong, a bunch of other people made the same mistake.

I mean, it's a pretty logical mistake to make, given that
King Kong
is also in the movie. And the character in the movie is a pretty old one and far less popular than the one you thought it was.

I just saw the movie too. Blown away. It was a true celebration of all things Batman.

Finally found Red Hood after what felt like forever. Also picked up a few more sets including that silly book for that Batman figure. Bring on the Summer wave!

I wanna know what the mystery figure in the corner is.
What's the mystery figure in the new CMF line?

I truly hope that mystery figure isn't some limited quantity figure (something like Mr. Gold but not as bad) where there's maybe only 1 in each box.
I hate the blind bag "rare" item gimmick.

They don't mess around in the minidoll sets. Just 2nd wave and already new variants for Supergirl, Batgirl, and Harley Quinn. LEGO milked same Spider-man minifig print for years.

kapowza

image1_zpsue0s5iqw.jpg

I originally had batman firing a grapple gun at the Joker, my niece suggested he be buying balloons instead. She's only 10 and already much smarter then me.

Anyone here have Clay's Falcon Fighter Blaster yet?

Just saw Jang's review and the thing looks really slick plus it comes with a pretty cool Gargoyle...

How is the minifig scale comparison between Friends and "normal" LEGO? That may be doable if the scale would look right amongst other sets. When I was a kid I used a bunch of Ice Planet sets to create my own ski resort. It would be nice to have an official ski set.

The answer is "close enough". LEGO scale of vehicles, buildings, etc compared to minifigs is off a lot of times, but is often accepted.

81KBjck.png
5bDrB4G.png

This is a nice post on the scale of most LEGO figure types. http://brickarchitect.com/scale/

Holy sand green grail.

That minecraft set will probably single handedly lower aftermarket sand green brick prices

Those were my first reactions, then I realized that it is a Minecraft set and most of the bricks will be 2 studs deep. I want 1xX sand green bricks as I suspect most people do too.

The Merlok Mech is awesome, but it is all about Stone Colossus of Ultimate Destruction. Just for the name.

But that Friends boat and another City people pack makes me feel all good inside.

Stone Collossus reminds me of Transformers Omega One with those thick firm pillar legs.

Really clever use of those Nexo Knight shield tiles for Vulture's wings.

Given that Vulture's helmet is similar to the Super Adaptoid, Justin Hammer & new Iron Man ones I'm pretty surprised they're reverting to OG Iron Man. Could this just be a prelim?

Speaking of scale, man those wings are MASSIVE. Love the design of them, but I feel like one of those wings take on Iron Man all by itself.

Man, just got back from Lego Batman Movie, and yeah, they really, really, really need a wave 2 of the minifigures. So many of the random villains that I need! Is it seeming plausible that'll happen and I'll have a shot at guys like Crazy Quilt and Captain Boomerang making it out, or is that unlikely at this point?

See below:

That was one of the things I shared with Ghostmind the other day. But, now that the book is out:

:)
It will be mine. Oh, yes...it will be mine.

Anyone know if the photo of those minifigs mean they will be in sets? We already know a few like Condiment King, Polka Dot Man, etc are confirmed. What about Clock King, Gentlemen Ghost, etc?

Lego City is such a cess pool of crime and even the beaches aren't safe with everyone tempting the waters getting attacked by octopi and sharks. At least Friends seems to be crime free and everyone can have fun with no worries. I'd like that Friends banana raft build to recreate Jaws the Revenge.

That Creator space shuttle is so good with really great alt builds. That cheap Jungle buggy set is probably going to pretty popular just to get that machete. And we ALL know why people want the machete.

I believe LEGO City is of a low to middle socioeconomic status. Heartlake City is of a high socioeconomic status.

Look at how those teenage girls can afford to go to ski resorts, catamaran rides, and dolphin cruiser yacht rides. Notice how LEGO city doesn't even have a basic grocery store.

How else can one explain that Heartlake city has a Grand Hotel and Mall while LEGO city has neither. Well, I guess LEGO City does have an upscale area where all the modulars are.

EDIT: I forgot LEGO city got a tiny grocery store recently. Creator Toy & Grocery Shop #31036.

image1_zpsue0s5iqw.jpg

I originally had batman firing a grapple gun at the Joker, my niece suggested he be buying balloons instead. She's only 10 and already much smarter then me.

Haha, that was very clever of her. You need more sets to invade your city.

Ponn

Banned
I believe LEGO City is of a low to middle socioeconomic status. Heartlake City is of a high socioeconomic status.

Look at how those teenage girls can afford to go to ski resorts, catamaran rides, and dolphin cruiser yacht rides. Notice how LEGO city doesn't even have a basic grocery store.

How else can one explain that Heartlake city has a Grand Hotel and Mall while LEGO city has neither. Well, I guess LEGO City does have an upscale area where all the modulars are..

Yea Lego City has access to a Green Grocer but only the very wealthy can afford it :)

Taisaijin

Yea Lego City has access to a Green Grocer but only the very wealthy can afford it :)

Then the Brick Bank ushered in the rise of gentrification and the Brooklynite boutique shops of Assembly Square- it's not just anyone who can afford to stroll around town w/ their extra Cafe Corner in hand.

3N16MA

Banned
I like some elements of the new Pirates ship but need to see it in person. I guess it pretty much kills the chance of getting the Flying Dutchman.

Fowler

image1_zpsue0s5iqw.jpg

Funny timing, I just re-jigged my setup to have Batman suspended between the Joker and Arkham on two grapple guns :)

Then the Brick Bank ushered in the rise of gentrification and the Brooklynite boutique shops of Assembly Square- it's not just anyone who can afford to stroll around town w/ their extra Cafe Corner in hand.

Maybe modulars aren't really part of LEGO City, they are in an upper class suburb called Modular Hills, AFOL Estates, or something like that. If it's part of LEGO City maybe it's Upper East Side LEGO City area.

I feel bad i didn't buy more than 1 Black Pearl when they were on clearance for $20 bucks at Walmart years back.

I bought 2 @ $50 when it was 50% off and it wasn't end of year clearance. One Walmart had stacks of them. For whatever reason I think Black Pearls weren't selling well. It's a beautiful ship IMO that is worthy of Pirate Batman.

SbGDo69.jpg

Adding insult to injury, Captain Hulk says hi ;)

Minifig version of Hulk is one of my favorite minifigs ever! Throw some black wing elements on the ship and it can be a Batship.

AMUSIX

I'm hoping someone here can help...there's a set that I may or may not have imagined. It was in the same scale/theme as the big buildings (the Bank, PetShop, French Bistro, etc) but it was a neighborhood park. I think there was a tree and a gazebo and an arched gateway. Maybe even a pond?

In any case, I thought it was something I saw, but then Assembly Square came along, and I'm getting that LEGO doesn't put out more than one set in the series at a time. So, yeah, did I just imagine the park?

ghostmind

I'm hoping someone here can help...there's a set that I may or may not have imagined. It was in the same scale/theme as the big buildings (the Bank, PetShop, French Bistro, etc) but it was a neighborhood park. I think there was a tree and a gazebo and an arched gateway. Maybe even a pond?

In any case, I thought it was something I saw, but then Assembly Square came along, and I'm getting that LEGO doesn't put out more than one set in the series at a time. So, yeah, did I just imagine the park?

Are you thinking of wetwired's Autumn Park modular Ideas submission?

TCJioZT.jpg

Just finished the Detroit Steel set. Pretty solid set for the money.

The mech is reminiscent of the Hulkbuster, but not as good. And Lola is a fun little car with some cool SNOT work going on in it as well.

The best way to sum up the build, figures, and set itself?
Solid, if unspectacular. There is really nothing bad about any of it, but nothing that immediately jumps out as fantastic to make it an absolute much purchase.

Basically, you can't go wrong buying it, but don't go out of your way to get it.

Boogiepop

So I finished building the Scuttler and it's really cool, but I have one question: Is that little Bat-jetpack supposed to be able to fit in that back hatch? It feels like it should, but it doesn't seem to fit right when I try. So I guess not, but maybe I'm missing something...

OK I know it's a generic cliche look but the 80s Miami Vice guy from CMF 17 looks EXACTLY like the character James Meloy from the webcomic I've been working on for the past year and a half, now I have to get a bunch of him and cobble together a Rexford Walker Minifig so I can put together a little scene of the two of them hunting ghosts. I'm freaking out!

wetwired

You guys just reminded me the Autumn Park was a thing, I'd completely forgotten about it. It seems to have stagnated at just under 800 votes :/

I did realized I never posted it to my Flickr account though, but I doubt that will help

You guys just reminded me the Autumn Park was a thing, I'd completely forgotten about it. It seems to have stagnated at just under 800 votes :/

I did realized I never posted it to my Flickr account though, but I doubt that will help

Tell me about it. My Trico also pretty much stopped. I don't know how successful projects do it. Are they just shamelessly spamming relevant channels? I don't want to get banned here and I don't want to annoy Shu by reposting the thing on Twitter.

Osahi

Tell me about it. My Trico also pretty much stopped. I don't know how successful projects do it. Are they just shamelessly spamming relevant channels? I don't want to get banned here and I don't want to annoy Shu by reposting the thing on Twitter.

They actually do I think. A lot of work often goes into posting on fansites asking for help and stuff. Also, I guess once you get some steam you'll get posted on the front page and then it can be a reverse vicious cirkle. But Trico has been featured on the front page after Shu tweeded, so I guess it's not all to it... And some things are slow burners I guess.

I would tweet Shu again, you'll never know. And have you posted it in the Last Guardian topic on the gaming side? Might net you some more votes.

papluh

Can't find it on /r/lego/ only on /r/thelastguardian/ where it stalled. I'd say the whole Ideas and the need to log in to vote would be less of a blocking point to LEGO fans. I'd time it for US hours, the fandom there has more momentum.
Maybe even /r/gaming , less conversion but bigger base.

It is always better if it reads as personal entry, from the owner asking for help, than just 'look what I found one'.

Sometimes it is just luck.So, good luck...

Top Bottom