• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[3DS eShop] The Rolling Western/Dillon's Rolling Western |OT|

Wizpig

OUT NOW IN JAPAN / US / EUROPE!

UDDTK.jpg

dillons-Rolling-Western.jpg

I know, the first pic doesn't look that good because of the aliasing etc... look at this instead;
Trailer: http://youtu.be/gbu3nVDiu2A

According to the latest issue of trade magazine MCV, Nintendo EAD's 3DS action-adventure game The Rolling Western will be be released on the European eShop next Thursday.

Announced at E3 last year, The Rolling Western (also known as Dillon's Rolling Western in the US) sees you play as Dillon, an armadillo caught up in a 3D western adventure.

Dillon's ability to roll up and spin into enemies enables him to get out of a number of tight spots, though The Rolling Western isn't just about rotating and killing ad infinitum.

At various junctures, Dillon (a.k.a. you) will have to don a tower defence hat, for the game requires you to build and maintain the town's defences when they comes under threat.

There's currently no official word on the game's pricing, or on when it is expected to hit eShops outside of Europe.

Defying logic this will NOT come out in Europe NEXT WEEK!
Before that Samurai game... which is a good thing, because i actually wanted this one game the most :)

Looks like fun... and a new Nintendo IP!
Wait, did i actually wrote that? new Nintendo IP? is this the real life?

So, anyone knows who is developing it? anyone remember that Zelda Team rumor?

I will update the OP with new info and pics soon.

Early previews weren't positive at all, but I for one can't wait to download it!

Really curious about who is developing it, too.

SmithnCo

I love tower defense and the concept of this game, and Nintendo's other efforts with the shop recently have been pleasantly surprising. Looking forward to impressions and likely picking it up when it's released in NA.

jtrov

Wow, this game is already coming out in EU?? Definitely been waiting for this game as I love the art style and the gameplay showed the trailer I saw looked quite fun. I'm really intrigued by this game and I can't wait to get it day one, but when it becomes available in US.

Any idea on a US release date?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Next week? Fuuuuuuuuuck!

I'm anticipating a gem right here. Isn't it made by some EAD Tokyo people?

Can't wait to see what they do with the tower defense genre.

zroid

Banned
There was some pretty negative buzz for this game from IGN a few weeks ago, but I'm definitely intrigued by the action/tower defense premise. Hope US gets it next week as well.

Wizpig

Next week? Fuuuuuuuuuck!

I'm anticipating a gem right here. Isn't it made by some EAD Tokyo people?

Can't wait to see what they do with the tower defense genre.
Apparently (source: Wikipedia) it's by EAD, but EAD Tokyo is the DKJB / Galaxy one, so i don't think it's them.

EAD, sure, but i don't know the team.
We need an Iwata Asks!

I don't really think it's some third party, because the first screen says "Nintendo 2012."
For example Steel Diver and Pullblox had more than simply "Nintendo" written.

cednym

Banned
Apparently (source: Wikipedia) it's by EAD, but EAD Tokyo is the DKJB / Galaxy one, so i don't think it's them.

EAD, sure, but i don't know the team.
We need an Iwata Asks!

I don't really think it's some third party, because the first screen says "Nintendo 2012."
For example Steel Diver and Pullblox had more than simply "Nintendo" written.

I'd put money on it being the DS Zelda team. There are sound effects and other assets taken directly from those games.

zroid

Banned
No word on a US release yet?

:-/

Since it's Nintendo first party, it's nearly guaranteed to have a simultaneous release in Europe and North America. The staggered releases mostly just happen with indies who can't get all the formalities with ratings and submission taken care of in all territories at the same time.

I'm dumb.

Since it's Nintendo first party, it's nearly guaranteed to have a simultaneous release in Europe and North America. The staggered releases mostly just happen with indies who can't get all the formalities with ratings and submission taken care of in all territories at the same time.

Sakura Samurai isn't out in Europe yet, is it?

Azure J

This game has been coming up in conversations so often regarding eShop that I'm mildly tempted to steal my brother's 3DS and find out what's up.

Cool, I always wanted to play as this guy:

7cL13.jpg

What kind of Ground type is weak against Electricity, seriously? :p

AzaK

I'm always interested in something new on the eshop but the trailers I have seen shout "boring" to me to no end. Will be interesting to read some real reviews or maybe play a demo so I can really find out what this game is about.

nron10

Neo Member
Regarding the US release, I shot an e-mail to our Nintendo reps (I work for Nintendo World Report) and we should hear back soon (hopefully).

Wizpig

There's been plenty of new nintendo IPs sold at retail this gen too though.
Depends if you take "Bayonetta" as a "Sega" title.

What i mean is that i don't consider games like Pandora's Tower "Nintendo"... let me put it this way: i want EAD on new IPs.
Probably my fault, but when i talk of Nintendo i usually mean the internal staff.
I appreciated games like Wii Music, but i want big new stuff like Pikmin back in the GC era.
And not to start anything, but in the SNES era they put out new IPs every now and then like it wasn't a big deal.

Same old story, i know Nintendo can do much more and i hope they will do it.
These new digital games are a freaking GOOD thing: we are not getting DSiware shovelware like "Animal Crossing Clock" or dubious WiiWare stuff like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eco_Shooter:_Plant_530 (don't hate me on this), we are getting new games and Pushmo is definitely a good sign.

Btw that Samurai game wasn't supposed to come out in Europe at all (only NoJ and NoA talked about it) but i think they recently confirmed it will come out in Europe aswell.
No date, just like Rolling Western for NoA.

eShop is on a roll right now.
Thumbs up

Other than the Goron Link / Spin dash feeling i also want to check out the tower defense gameplay - i'm pretty hyped.

Wizpig

screenshot_43896.jpg

^ The pic that started it.
Nintendo still has to officially confirm it, i think.

Btw this pic here strikes me as Zelda like indeed, as if the main character could be a NPC in Zelda.
Assets, maybe chara design... something here is Zelda-ish.

Top Bottom