• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps E3 trailer

Easily the best showing at MS conference. Really looking forward to this one. Hopefully it irons out the few issues with the first game. I'll buy it from whatever store sells it.

AHA-Lambda

Owners: 921,299 ± 28,902

5noHKsb.jpg

yeah there is no way this isn't coming to Steam then

Aurongel

Owners: 921,299 ± 28,902

5noHKsb.jpg
Irrelevant data when they're at the whim of a publishers they signed a deal with who also happens to be selling an operating system. If their publisher didn't have a vested interest in getting consumers onto another product of theirs then id be tight there with you. But there are more variables at play here than just a number on Steam.

And it kills me to say that.

Love the speculation that's already going on in this thread - rest assured that our team reads all this stuff, so any suggestions or feedback you might have on things you'd like to see, feel free to post here about it! :)

I'm not yet allowed to talk about a lot of the things we're doing with Will of the Wisps, but rest assured that we definitely listen. We made the Definitive Edition of Blind Forest cause some of you raised your voice, so this time it's really about blowing the gates wide open and welcoming everyone back into the Ori universe with a huge bang. If you even have the slightest inkling of an interest in Platformers, Metroidvanias or 2d games... I think we got you covered with Will of the Wisps, hehe! :)

Love the speculation that's already going on in this thread - rest assured that our team reads all this stuff, so any suggestions or feedback you might have on things you'd like to see, feel free to post here about it! :)

I'm not yet allowed to talk about a lot of the things we're doing with Will of the Wisps, but rest assured that we definitely listen. We made the Definitive Edition of Blind Forest cause some of you raised your voice, so this time it's really about blowing the gates wide open and welcoming everyone back into the Ori universe with a huge bang. If you even have the slightest inkling of an interest in Platformers, Metroidvanias or 2d games... I think we got you covered with Will of the Wisps, hehe! :)

Not even a vague hint towards a release window? :(

ced

My laptop struggled with original, and I must play this. Maybe the one s will be on the cheap by release.

I'm sure it will be great and all but that's only due to the first one being so good. But this trailer had 0 gameplay.

"Game of the Show."

And that's how they get away with it.

very random question but how big is your team now vs the beginning ?

chills when the music kicks in.
I'm sure it will be great and all but that's only due to the first one being so good. But this trailer had 0 gameplay.

"Game of the Show."

Ori was very much about the atmosphere and pure artistry for me and I can imagine others as well. So that trailer did a lot already even with zero gameplay.

Syril

"Game of the Show."

I think you're downplaying the factor of Ori actually having a good track record. It's not like this excitement is baseless.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

I bet you guys realize that PC gamers want to buy the game on Steam, not on Microsoft's travesty of a games platform.... Please fight the good fight to make the game available to the widest possible public.

So Steam yes? Yes?

Please say yes Thomas!

yyr

rest assured that our team reads all this stuff

Good.

Ori and the Blind Forest is pretty much part of the fabric my wife and I share. She was not much of a gamer when I met her four years ago; she'd only ever had an old Game Boy and a Wii, and didn't even play casual games on her phone.

She is open-minded and will try just about anything, but it takes something special for her to really latch on. Even recently, she has tried several other, newer, well-made games, but she won't stick with them beyond the first few days.

Watching her play Ori and the Blind Forest, I witnessed the first time I'd ever seen her really get pulled into a game's universe, not wanting to come out. She's creative as well; she draws, writes, paints, and designs. The colors, the art, and the characters really drew her in, but the gameplay was truly there too, so she enjoyed every moment of it...though I had to help her escape those raging waters we all love so much, and also to complete the final sequence. (She did it all herself in Definitive.) We cried like babies during both the prologue and ending. We feel a strong connection to this game, both physical and emotional. It absolutely is now part of us.

So far, the game's been completed three times in our home. We bought a physical copy of Definitive. We bought a canvas print of the scene where Naru and Ori build the bridge, and it hangs today in our living room. We bought the soundtrack and used three tracks during our wedding ceremony. And we cried like (Kuro) babies once again when we saw the new trailer last night.

You guys didn't announce a release date or window yet. If I had to guess, it's likely because you don't know when it'll be done, and by "done" I mean *perfect.* I'm fully aware that you want to take the time to do this right, and not kick something out the door that's any less than perfect, that doesn't live up to the high watermark set by the first game. So please, take your time. We'll be patiently waiting, knowing that the final product will leave smiles on our faces, tears in our eyes, and warmth in our hearts. (no pressure! ...but seriously, we have faith.)

From my wife and I, for all of your efforts, both with the first game and this one...thank you.

I think you're downplaying the factor of Ori actually having a good track record. It's not like this excitement is baseless.

Ori was my in my top 3 for 2015. I loved the hell out of it.

Maybe I'm just disappointed because I was really hoping to see how it would be different from the first game. I have no doubts that the visuals, music, and atmosphere will be great.

Vire

Stunning, I love the visual in the trailer! Was hoping to see some gameplay though.

Huge fan of the first game, so this is a no brainer for me.

venomenon

Best reveal of E3 so far. It's incredible how stunning this game looks. Gameplay should be fine too, I doubt they will deviate too much from the first one.

It won't make me use Windows Store though, I'll definitely wait for a Steam version.

Ori was my in my top 3 for 2015. I loved the hell out of it.

Maybe I'm just disappointed because I was really hoping to see how it would be different from the first game. I have no doubts that the visuals, music, and atmosphere will be great.

Trust us a little :) I wouldn't worry too much. Will of the Wisps isn't just a visual upgrade, far from it. The idea is that Will of the Wisps should be to Blind Forest what Super Mario Bros 3 was to the original Super Mario Bros :)

Theorry

Trust us a little :) I wouldn't worry too much. Will of the Wisps isn't just a visual upgrade, far from it. The idea is that Will of the Wisps should be to Blind Forest what Super Mario Bros 3 was to the original Super Mario Bros :)

So that footage was that ingame or inengine? :)

That sounds incredible to me.

But....so....nothing on release date huh? :mad:

Ok i'll quit asking now :D

In contrast to others in this thread, I'm not really sad at all that we didn't see any gameplay. In fact, I'd almost be happy to see nothing else until I get my hands on it, whenever that may be.

The movement in Ori and the Blind Forest was smooth, precise, flowed so well and felt so incredibly satisfying. Whatever the new move set, I've no doubt Moon will do their thing once again. The standards they set for themselves seem pretty damn high.

rokkerkory

SM3?? Wow, so Ori will def interact with other animals in cool ways then like grow wings? :)

RK9039

In contrast to others in this thread, I'm not really sad at all that we didn't see any gameplay. In fact, I'd almost be happy to see nothing else until I get my hands on it, whenever that may be.

The movement in Ori and the Blind Forest was smooth, precise, flowed so well and felt so incredibly satisfying. Whatever the new move set, I've no doubt Moon will do their thing once again. The standards they set for themselves seem pretty damn high.

Yeah I don't want to see anything else, I just needed to know if this was real or not.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Been plannin to play Ori on my Surface Book one day, but boy I have the feeling I won't be able to run this one.

Sounds incredible. Don't suppose you or any more of the dev team are down in LA for E3? Still have my poster of the original game Gareth Coker signed that I was looking to get filled out more.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

That's ambitious. I expect an early 2019 release date.

btags

Where is the announcement stating Opeth is collaborating on the OST?

In all seriousness though the game looks great. I loved the look of the first game but I definitely like how the characters seem much more three dimensional in this one.

Gestault

I was absolutely floored by what I saw in the reveal. This will be a big game for me.

I really hope the overall arc lives up to the first. The musical cues in the trailer hit me harder than I'd expected (and looking around the room where I was watching, I wasn't the only one). I need to get the soundtrack.

I WILL NOT TRUST THESE BEAUTIFUL LIES.

The graphics and art were already amazing in Ori and the Blind Forest, but these are even more stunning a huge step up. Even watching the trailer for the 5th time I still tear up at the end.

ghibli99

Having been gaming since the late-70s, you'd think I'd seen it all, but man, watching this just hit me so hard (in a good way). Probably my most anticipated game right now.

Maedhros

Give me boss fights AND escape sequences, but don't overstay their welcome. The first game dropped a few notches after the first escape sequence, which is still the best one.

Hopefully combat improves a bit too, I feel that many of the new movements only helped in traversal instead of combat.

Fardeen

i love ori, i hope u are listening when we all are begging for the game to be on steam. i will buy the game day 1 man

Top Bottom