• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience Announced (GZ + NAIN STORY + DLC) 10/11

jrcbandit

Why did they have to ruin the box art with all that text in the top left???

As for MGS5, allot of the problems with the game would have been solved if they had just gotten rid of the Chapter designations and called chapter 2 "Epilogue" like it really was, got rid of the numerous repeat missions in Chapter 2 and designated them as separate side content/VR Missions to replay older missions with extra challenges (ie, don't tie down progress in chapter 2/epilogue to the completion of these repeat levels ;p). And of course include frigging mission 51.....

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
this game disappointed me so much, seeing it still brings back a phantom pain. Good gameplay, story just ughhhh

I wonder if steam owners of both Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain will get some sort of upgrade?

Otherwise I wonder if it's the exact same.

ya'll exaggerating so hard, remove that little red sticker with the 10 ou of 10 and its a great looking gamebox

I think it's mostly fine. Of course the cover needs to advertise what's included. I like minimalism but this makes sense. Could've did without the review quotes but that makes sense too from a marketing perspective.

Does it come with new trophies?
Not sure about new Trophies but this will probably be treated as a separate game with separate Trophies to earn, as with other 'Final Edition' games (e.g. Witcher 3).

Probably will have its own 'Save File' too so you'll start with 0 online resources (MGS V tied your Online Resources/FOB to your PSN so even if you deleted your save file, soon as you created a new game you still had all your old Online Resources).

Gator86

Disappointing. I was hoping there might be something, anything new. Not on some chapter 3 nonsense, but I would love to see a new area or something. That Metal Gear 4 Dead game is a waste of the gameplay.

schaft0620

Disappointing. I was hoping there might be something, anything new. Not on some chapter 3 nonsense, but I would love to see a new area or something. That Metal Gear 4 Dead game is a waste of the gameplay.

You expect collection editions to come with new stuff?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
cover is better than the original

Yep. Too bad the DLC is mostly worthless outside of being a collector for the single-player stuff. MGO is pointless since they changed it from a disco rave.

Neiteio

Incredible deal. If it's really all on one disk, I might buy it again even though I already have GZ digitally and TPP physically. Would it work with my existing saves for each game?

I actually kind of like the cover art, its got a bit of Star Wars style cover to it even if it is pretty cluttered. But all the DLC is weak and I don't touch the online mode so nothing of interest to me here.

Epcott

Whew... They're really milking MGSV lol.

Next year, MGSV Extreme Definitive Edition*

*(package includes Metal Gear Survive)

CDV13

This is a fan made art originally, correct? I feel like someone made a retro box art with 80s style font and this was the picture. Not 100% on that but I always liked what I saw, so its cool they went with this cover.

This is a fan made art originally, correct? I feel like someone made a retro box art with 80s style font and this was the picture. Not 100% on that but I always liked what I saw, so its cool they went with this cover.

It was done by Pablo Uchida before the game was released last year.

Ōkami

003.jpg
Japan gets the better boxart.

And the better deal, it'll be sold for $40 there.

bunkitz

Well fuck them for using this art only for this version of the game. It would look a lot better if they didn't have the rating, though. That, and the grey strip at the bottom. But hey, at least it's no Arkham City GOTY Edition.

Memento

The box art is actually very nice.

But the "10/10 quote" and the "PACK INCLUDES..." stuff make it too much polluted.

J.EM1

Incredible deal. If it's really all on one disk, I might buy it again even though I already have GZ digitally and TPP physically. Would it work with my existing saves for each game?
Existing saves should work. DLC would probably just overwrite or something.

I'm really hoping that all of it is on one disk.

I see both of the initial console-exclusive missions for Ground Zeroes will be bundled into the package, but will the save transfer content be featured as well, like the MSF Sneaking Suit and Mother Base staff in Phantom Pain? Apologies if this has already been addressed as thread search didn't show anything.

Existing saves should work. DLC would probably just overwrite or something.
Hard to say... the standard from other games is that they don't always work. The Witcher 3 definitive edition won't let you use old saves. I think CDPR said it was a first party thing too, which would suggest it actually may be that way for this version too.
I see both of the initial console-exclusive missions for Ground Zeroes will be bundled into the package, but will the save transfer content be featured as well, like the MSF Sneaking Suit and Mother Base staff in Phantom Pain? Apologies if this has already been addressed as thread search didn't show anything.
Doesn't sound like it... probably have to unlock those the same way as before.

Top Bottom