• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

ShinMaruku

Ok this weekend will be a bit different from the usual. We will have a lobby switching between modes, we will be using tag to help people build up their sub characters and then using that to layer your character practice.

Roll call for
Friday:
Saturday:

Let me know when you are available. Later maybe today or tomorrow I will be making a vid on tag stuff with snap backs and things of that sort.

Eolz

I'm there, but my internet connection seems fucked :(
Coming back in 15mn or so, hopefully it'll be good again at that point.

Azuardo

DLR6Oy9UQAAmqci.jpg

Eolz

Holy shit that's a great Halloween costume pack this year!
It's looking more and more likely that I'll buy that season pass lol...

Azuardo

Yeah, I was studying it and comparing, and they've really nailed it. Fair dos to them.

It must take some extra effort on the DOA artists' parts to make sure they're getting as much of the original work in there as possible to do the original artists justice.

delSai

Now that i've deleted SFV, i decided to try DOA online again, last time i played it against another person was on PS3, so it's been a while.

Holy hell is it more fun than any other fighting game. I dont have to deal with projectiles, which is making me hate 2D fighters, people go in, its so damn aggressive and i freakin love it. Announce a DOA6 with character customization and i'll never look back to SFV and the online part of Injustice (the singleplayer is fun!). Having to chase opponents all the time in other games is starting to put me to sleep - i think DOA may be perfect for me. Just gotta find a main now.

Now that i've deleted SFV, i decided to try DOA online again, last time i played it against another person was on PS3, so it's been a while.

Holy hell is it more fun than any other fighting game. I dont have to deal with projectiles, which is making me hate 2D fighters, people go in, its so damn aggressive and i freakin love it. Announce a DOA6 with character customization and i'll never look back to SFV and the online part of Injustice (the singleplayer is fun!). Having to chase opponents all the time in other games is starting to put me to sleep - i think DOA may be perfect for me. Just gotta find a main now.
I know how you feel. 3D Fighting games just have such a true fighting, almost dueling aspect to them which is rare to find in 2D games, especially nowadays.

You should also give Tekken a fair shake too.

delSai

I know how you feel. 3D Fighting games just have such a true fighting, almost dueling aspect to them which is rare to find in 2D games, especially nowadays.

You should also give Tekken a fair shake too.
Tekken used to be my favorite IP actually but both T6 and Tag 2 didn't click with me. I might rent 7 though, maybe that will pull me back in.

I swear every Injustice and SFV match starts with backdashing and projectiles.

Eolz

So my Siren Lorelei costume for Helena actually made it...

Thanks to everyone who crossed their fingers for me! :)

Congrats, great work!
As others said, looking forward to your submissions in the next contest!

Great to hear! Welcome back and don't worry about using multiple characters for now :p

Azuardo

Opoona Marie is now available for free for PS Plus owners. There is a separate catalog for it.

Also, a good sale has gone up on the UK store (probably will be for other stores too).

DOA5LR '237 DLC + 30 characters + Story + BGM' Set - link

Sale price is £21.99, whereas buying all this together would cost you about £112 (80% discount).

It includes:

- Core Fighters: 30 Character Licenses
- Story Mode
- Additional BGM (DOA2, DOA3)
- Ultimate Content Set (237 DLC)

The Ultimate Content Set (DLC previously released for DOA5U) itself includes:

・Hot Getaway
・School Uniforms
・Halloween 2013
・Pop Idols
・Ultimate Sexy
・Tropical Sexy
・Private Paradise Movies (excluding Marie Rose, Phase 4, Nyotengu, and Honoka)
・Debut Costumes (Marie Rose, Phase 4, Nyotengu)
・Nurse
・Training Gear
・Overalls
・Bathtime & Bedtime
・Maid Uniforms
・Sexy Bunny
・Halloween 2014
・Police
・Christmas

Awesome deal tbh.

They added another bundle of 74 costumes and 16 paradise movies for £19.99, but this isn't as good a deal as the above one.

DOA5LR Special Sexy Set - link

Costumes included:
- Hot Getaway (12 costumes)
- Ultimate Sexy (14 costumes)
- Tropical Sexy (14 costumes)
- Sexy Bunny (10 costumes)
- Overalls (10 costumes)
- Bathtime & Bedtime (10 costumes)
- Premier Sexy (4 costumes)

Movies included:
- Private Paradise Movie Set (12 characters)
- Additional Private Paradise movies for Honoka, Nyotengu, Marie Rose & Phase 4.

I have been playing this game since 2012 and only just realized that Kokoros taunt where she dusts herself off, actually removes all the dirt from her body. lol. So cool.

I still haven't got this game yet. It's $19.99 on amazon and I have $10 amazon credit I can use it on which would drop the game to $9.99. Sorry for asking again, should I get it or wait for the next DOA game (that is if they announce it)? I checked that Mai cost $7.99 alone and Naotori li cost $5.99. Do they ever go on sale?

Eolz

I still haven't got this game yet. It's $19.99 on amazon and I have $10 amazon credit I can use it on which would drop the game to $9.99. Sorry for asking again, should I get it or wait for the next DOA game (that is if they announce it)? I checked that Mai cost $7.99 alone and Naotori li cost $5.99. Do they ever go on sale?

For 10$ it's a great deal imo, and might be good training before 6 (which likely wouldn't be out before a while even with a short announcement to release period).
It might be announced in early december if you prefer to wait until then.

I think Naotora has been on sale once, Mai never.

Tyaren

In my opinion the game is more than worth 9.99$. Next to Tekken 7 it is the only proper 3D fighter this gen. It comes with tons of content, modes, characters, stages and costumes and it is still really good looking. Imo it is the best DOA to date by far. If DOA6 is announced this year (there are indeed rumors) it would at least take another half a year to actually release. Getting to know the DOA5 story and characters would prep you well for a potential DOA6.

Azuardo

If you fancy spending a bit more, and don't mind digital, that deal I posted above is across all stores. $27.99 in US PS Store.

$9.99 is a steal tho, if you go that route!

All winning entries for Halloween 2017 costumes.

Dodgy looking character models for the Phantasy Star Online 2 DLC:

Top Bottom