• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Justin Rogers‏ @Justin_Rogers 16m16 minutes ago
More
Hackenberg said he thought Lions did a great job studying their tape. Stafford said team barely watched tape at all prepping for this game.

lol wow

cdyhybrid

Leave Christian alone you monster

I do feel somewhat bad for him because (as far as I know) he hasn't done anything egregiously terrible as a person, and he gets shit on from all angles, but he's just so bad.

And when legit QBs like Kaep aren't getting work but he is I don't blame people for constantly pointing it out.

Fantomex

I've been riding the Goff train since last year!

I apologize.

Taco night is on me.

Friend?

tumblr_n6wow4PLhD1tnxpnlo1_400.gif

Mindlog

lol, dumbass bears.
Manish Mehta
✔
@MMehtaNYDN

Bilal Powell is literally only Jets player other than Hackenberg to touch the ball on the Jets first 4 drives: 8 car, 22 yds, 1 catch/17 yds
8:26 PM - Aug 19, 2017
Well then.

FactoryofLies

Neo Member
Glennon still looked horrible. Was limited to throwing passes less than 5 yards to pad his completion stats.

Cohen looked like a great scat pack that will be a great compliment to Howard. Hoping he gets minimum 7-8 touches a game.

Trubisky.... looked good but was held back by the running game and it almost seemed like the coaching staff was purposely holding him back to prevent a QB controversy. I would love to see him pay with the 1st team for a series next week but that won't happen.

Striker

Looks like McAdoo is going one half for starters, at least most of them. I wouldn't hope Eli, OBJ and Collins play all the snaps.

Just watched some Bears preseason highlights and I can't think of a reason why Niners passed on Trubsiky.

He is built for Shanahan's boot/play action offense. Like after remembering how he made hoyer (and Rg3) look this kid would be a lock for ROY.

Jarnet87

Glennon still looked horrible. Was limited to throwing passes less than 5 yards to pad his completion stats.

Cohen looked like a great scat pack that will be a great compliment to Howard. Hoping he gets minimum 7-8 touches a game.

Trubisky.... looked good but was held back by the running game and it almost seemed like the coaching staff was purposely holding him back to prevent a QB controversy. I would love to see him pay with the 1st team for a series next week but that won't happen.

If bears fans are lucky John Fox will stick with Glennon for far too long that even the QB change to Trubisky won't save his job

effzee

I do feel somewhat bad for him because (as far as I know) he hasn't done anything egregiously terrible as a person, and he gets shit on from all angles, but he's just so bad.

And when legit QBs like Kaep aren't getting work but he is I don't blame people for constantly pointing it out.

What I don't get is if he is a project how is he supposed to show any progress when from WRs, RBs, and OLINE they have downgraded in order to rebuild.

He is supposed to overcome all that?

DMVfan123

Banned
True...... but Washington could go complete lovers suicide on him.

(also would still have to compete with Cleveland and maybe Jacksonville for him.)
This is anecdotal but I think Washington fans are split on him: if we pay him big money, some fans say it's undeserved be he can't win big games by himself, if we let him go, fans will complain that it'll be a long time before we find someone half decent again

Just watched some Bears preseason highlights and I can't think of a reason why Niners passed on Trubsiky.

He is built for Shanahan's boot/play action offense. Like after remembering how he made hoyer (and Rg3) look this kid would be a lock for ROY.

Beathard has looked better than trubisky and we got him in the 3rd. Why waste a top 5 pick?

Jarnet87

Front office must of thought this class was shit. They got B-Ron Hoyebembe to lead them to a top 5 pick next year and grabbed some extra draft picks by cucking the Bears

MechDX

I believe in Marlon Mack.

EDIT: How the fuck does Brady still look so good? lol

Brady didn't start having success moving the ball last night until the texans started pulling their starting defense. I know no gameplan, vanilla offense, etc... still worth pointing out

Not saying he has fell off a cliff but it was something I noticed.

Shanahan wants cousins. Also keep in mind most people saw Trubisky as going in the 10-20 range in the draft, not top 5 and definitely not top 2. He had one year of starting QB experience, didn't have a rocket of an arm, and wasn't exactly impressing people from the mental aspect.

Solomon Thomas has looked excellent so far, and Shanahan/Lynch have a 5 year plan going. Making a risky QB their first pick when there were 3 incredible defensive players on the board would've been useless toward building the team. Plus they know they're likely not going to compete with this roster this year and there's a bunch of good QBs coming out possibly for the next draft. They made the right call passing on him, even if he eventually becomes an elite QB imo.

Hindl

Brady didn't start having success moving the ball last night until the texans started pulling their starting defense. I know no gameplan, vanilla offense, etc... still worth pointing out

Not saying he has fell off a cliff but it was something I noticed.

Well the Texans also have a ridiculous defense based in the DL. A strong DL that can especially get pressure up the middle is the way you beat Brady, and the Texans are pretty much that

MechDX

NFLTradeRumors.co‏ @nfltrade_rumors 20s21 seconds ago
More
Vikings Sign QB Mitch Leidner, Waive LB Darnell Sankey http://bit.ly/2wezlHV

OMG Slo! Please post. Its happening!

Well the Texans also have a ridiculous defense based in the DL. A strong DL that can especially get pressure up the middle is the way you beat Brady, and the Texans are pretty much that

Cool thing about the Texans d line,they all played all over the place last night. Reader and Watkins who are listed as nose tackles played all 3 spots on the d line. At one point Vrabel had ILB McKinney dropping down into a DT spot while in a 4-3 alignment.

Vrabes gonna fuck with QB's minds this year

MechDX

Doug Kyed‏Verified account @DougKyed 10h10 hours ago
More
Texans DE Ufomba Kamalu is damn good

Doug Kyed‏Verified account @DougKyed 9h9 hours ago
More
Doug Kyed Retweeted Doug Kyed
I would seriously try to trade for this guy. Not sure Texans will be willing to give him up, though. He's real good.

Doug Kyed‏Verified account @DougKyed 7m7 minutes ago
More
Doug Kyed Retweeted Doug Kyed
Kamalu has interesting measureable comps: T Kelly, Malik Jackson, K Langford, Wilkerson, Fletcher Cox, Odrick, Leo Williams, Cam Heyward

Defensive line depth is going to be so good this year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What I don't get is if he is a project how is he supposed to show any progress when from WRs, RBs, and OLINE they have downgraded in order to rebuild.

He is supposed to overcome all that?

The fact he didn't see the field for a single snap last season said enough what they think about him.

Ideally the Jets just go 0-16 this season and clean house. Bowles is an awful coach and the GM isn't much better.

MechDX

TJ Carpenter‏Verified account @TJCarpenterShow 2h2 hours ago
More
It is debatable whether or not Siemian has done enough to win the starting job. Lynch has NOT done enough. That's not debatable.

Matt Miller‏Verified account @nfldraftscout 8m8 minutes ago
More
Paxton Lynch's throwing mechanics are disgusting. Long, looping motion.

Elway loves him so long, lanky QB's with long throwing motions

RBH

In his first extra point attempt since winning the Buccaneers' kicking job, kicker Nick Folk had a first-quarter kick blocked in Tampa Bay's 12-8 preseason victory over Jacksonville on Thursday.

The kick came after a 2-yard touchdown run from running back Doug Martin. It was a low kick, with 6-foot-9 Calais Campbell getting a hand on it.

Folk also missed a 47-yard field goal attempt but made field goals of 35 and 29 yards. Last week, Roberto Aguayo was waived after he missed a field goal attempt and an extra point attempt in the preseason opener.

"Nope, not quite what we were looking for," head coach Dirk Koetter said of the kicking performance. He joked that the kicking job might come down to two reporters competing for the job.
http://www.espn.com.au/nfl/story/_/...isses-extra-point-extending-team-kicking-woes

*waves hello at Bucs-GAF*

:)

Juicy Bob

Guys, call me crazy, but there's just something that's giving me this really weird feeling that Carson Wentz could just possibly be a Christian...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What a day we have in store. First we get a crucial matchup of the Josh Dobbs led Steelers vs the smoldering RBHs and then Thrones!

Excitement overload!

0OOmKG0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom