• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was Yugi Muto the nicest goth kid ever in media?

Going to Google because I need to know why she was cut. Invisible guns I get but this is ridiculous lol.
The hell don't you understand about "4kids bro"? They don't care man, they just wanted to fuck shit up lol it's a miracle it made it as far as it did, I assume if it wasn't on the wb it would've met a similar fate as one piece.

Yugioh is one of those franchises that's so out of control that it's a site to behold. Only saw a couple episodes of it when I was a kid (got bored of Maxi and his TOON TOWN shenanigans) but I've seen most of the 4kids dub with a friend and it's a blast, even if not for intentional purposes.

Season 0 Yami Yugi was scary, man.

It was like he got possessed by Pazuzu.

littlekuriboh_reviews_yu-gi-oh_1.jpg

season 0 tho

YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCKS IN THE SHADOW REALM

Hydrus

He was too nice. In fact he was a cuck. He switched himself over to Yami, so Yami could get some of that Téa booty. He just stood on the sidelines and watched while Yami used his body to smash his crush, Téa.

Honestly what's that hairstyle tho? It's iconic, not gunna lie, but WHAT IS IT? How would you even recreate that in reality? It's impossible. Spiky animu hair is already hard enough to try to replicate, but those highlights Yugi has defy physics.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yugioh is one of those franchises that's so out of control that it's a site to behold. Only saw a couple episodes of it when I was a kid (got bored of Maxi and his TOON TOWN shenanigans) but I've seen most of the 4kids dub with a friend and it's a blast, even if not for intentional purposes.

Have I got the fucking show/manga for you.

Have you ever heard of Air Gear?

remz

I think his hair is just bleached fringe in the front, emo blow dry teased dark purple spikes in the back

Blondescenehairstyle.jpg

Verelios

He was too nice. In fact he was a cuck. He switched himself over to Yami, so Yami could get some of that Téa booty. He just stood on the sidelines and watched while Yami used his body to smash his crush, Téa.
He was the worst kind though. Yugi was practically throwing her at him and Yami had to take a second to say 'No, stop, for fucks sake I'm a 10,000 year old dead guy and I still don't want this shit' at him trying to vicariously...smash her through Yami.

Kid is creepy.

L Thammy

Yugi's hair has a red outline inside the normal black outlines. I don't think either of those things happen in real life.

Poppy

He was the worst kind though. Yugi was practically throwing her at him and Yami had to take a second to say 'No, stop, for fucks sake I'm a 10,000 year old dead guy and I still don't want this shit' at him trying to vicariously...smash her through Yami.

Kid is creepy.

maybe he just likes to watch, and he was going to stand there astrally projected like dr. strange watching them bang

I'm legit shook to learn Yugi had any parental guardians besides his grandfather. Why the hell was she removed from the dub? Seemed unnecessary.

Also, wasn't that outfit from an episode where what'sherface and yami went out on a date or something? I remember that wasn't Yugi's usual fashion choice, even though he had interesting tastes in clothes. Oh and the gravity defying coats, almost as ridiculous as Yugi's anime as fuck hairstyle.

blakep267

I mean, have y'all seen his jacket? Or robe? Sometimes it had sleeves. Sometimes it didn't.

tumblr_inline_ngaak2ASgM1sku8xc.png
It has sleeves. It's just hard to see

I can't lie though. As a kid we did try and make capes out of our long sleeves shorts and jackets. But the collars were always really un comfortable

Yugi was fashion forward. While his friends were in 92, he was in the early 2000s. That look was #FashionKilla

I never looked at that outfit as gothic

Sandfox

Who lets her kid just run off into this ridiculous scenarios. Wasn't there a time when he duels on top of a moving train? Or how about Season 0, when he burns a guy alive?
The season 0 stuff happened during Yugi's everyday life and i doubt she knows about it.The tournaments in the series took place over the course of a weekend and the really ridiculous scenarios like them traveling the world were all filler.

Hopeford

Have I got the fucking show/manga for you.

Have you ever heard of Air Gear?

Real talk:

I read all of Air Gear when I was like 15 and I'm pretty sure I didn't understand anything that was going on. I was still learning English around that time, had just moved to Canada so maybe that's why. I don't know. But occasionally that series pops in my head and I'm vaguely curious about its plot but don't want to read through it again. All I remember is that they had rollerblades and like for some reason the rollerblades decided the fate of the world or something?

So my honest question, as someone who has read the entire thing...

What the fuck was the plot of that series?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I used to enjoy that when he got serious, he was like, 2 feet taller and serious as a fucking heart attack.

Top Bottom