• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentles

sometimes i wish this show didnt have the one generic thing all cartoons have with the characters in the same clothes everyday. audiences are smart, we can handle it.

Isn't animating her wearing all this different stuff a pain though? I thought that was the reason. It doesn't bother me thankfully.

Mumei

Maybe airsurfing. He said it was something he never thought of when Gyatso did it goofing off with Roku in The Avatar and the Firelord.

Just judging from what we saw in that short clip, it didn't exactly look like the smartest thing to be doing in the first place.

shira

It's not confusing. In cartoons, almost all characters wear a single outfit for their entire lives. I remember an episode of Doug that made fun of it (Skeeter's closet was full of dozens of the exact same outfit).

There are special circumstances, but by and large, it's always the same.
No, they change clothes a lot. Korra has been in at least 7 different garbs. Water bender, air bender, fire bender, pro bender, outdoor winter, equalist infiltrator, task force armor. What are you complaining about?

Raxus

No, they change clothes a lot. Korra has been in at least 7 different garbs. Water bender, air bender, fire bender, pro bender, outdoor winter, equalist infiltrator, task force armor. What are you complaining about?

You forgot her party outfit.

I think even Bolin had a couple outfits as well. I am pretty sure Tenzin still hasn't changed his outfit.

Omikaru

You forgot her party outfit.

I think even Bolin had a couple outfits as well. I am pretty sure Tenzin still hasn't changed his outfit.

Tenzin had a different outfit at the party too. I think even minor characters have been shown to wear different outfits:

- Asami: Biker outfit, factory outfit, date with Mako outfit, party outfit.
- Tarrlok: Regular, party, task force.
- Hiroshi: Outfit in the factory, party outfit.

I'm not seeing the whole "one outfit" thing, personally. The only reoccurring character I've seen wearing the same outfit thusfar has been Lin Bei Fong.

Omikaru

You mention this, of course, because she's a police officer and it makes sense for her to always be wearing the same outfit.

Even at the party thrown by Tarrlok? You'd think she'd have a uniform for formal functions that isn't her day-to-day police uniform.

Kyuur

Even at the party thrown by Tarrlok? You'd think she'd have a uniform for formal functions that isn't her day-to-day police uniform.

Depends on whether she was there as a guest or there as a police officer. It was an event with several highly influential people, I'm sure there were guards.

Lirlond

She might have such a uniform, but I can bet she sure as hell hates to wear it. I imagine her as a Sam Vimes character. Grudgingly accepting her position because someone needs to do it. But really wishing she could be out patrolling the streets.

marrec

Banned
She might have such a uniform, but I can bet she sure as hell hates to wear it. I imagine her as a Sam Vimes character. Grudgingly accepting her position because someone needs to do it. But really wishing she could be out patrolling the streets.

Now I want Pratchett to write Korra Fanfic.

A boy can dream.

Jintor

Unseen University teleports itself into Republic City during a formal dinner where Vetinari, The Watch, Moist etc are attending, hilarity ensues

I don't she would care much about an event like this (especially since its for the Avatar who frankly hasn't done anything worthwhile in her view) and will concentrate on doing her job instead.

Ridli

So I don't think this is super important or anything, but there was something about Tenzin's outfit that's been sticking out to me all this time. He has this ribbon-like badge as a clasp for his shoulder cloak. I thought it was something airbender related, but appears to be specific to the council. All the other council members wear it, except for Tarrlok.

councilbadge.png

I really dont think it means much, but it's just one of those little things that helps to flesh out the world a little more that I love about this show. I'm really curious if it's a memorial thing or a seniority thing. Or maybe it just means they are all entitled to 50% discount on fire flakes at the Republic City Theater.

Omikaru

So I don't think this is super important or anything, but there was something about Tenzin's outfit that's been sticking out to me all this time. He has this ribbon-like badge as a clasp for his shoulder cloak. I thought it was something airbender related, but appears to be specific to the council. All the other council members wear it, except for Tarrlok.

councilbadge.png

I really dont think it means much, but it's just one of those little things that helps to flesh out the world a little more that I love about this show. I'm really curious if it's a memorial thing or a seniority thing. Or maybe it just means they are all entitled to 50% discount on fire flakes at the Republic City Theater.

Oh wow, good catch. Gotta admit, little details like that are cool, though I wonder why Tarrlok doesn't wear his.

Premiere Ep 1-2: 11 AM: 4.548 million viewers, 1.01 A18-49

Ep 3: Legend of Korra (Nickelodeon)
-11 AM: 3.546 million viewers, 0.91 A18-49

Ep 4: Legend of Korra (Nickelodeon)
-11 AM: 4.079 million viewers, 1.13 A18-49

So far it's doing better than the first series did:

http://dongbufeng.net/site1/content/view/775/188/

This does not include people watching on iTunes correct? I know a lot of people who are watching it that way.

I am in love with this series already.

Ridli

Tarrlok does wear his

even the strike team had them on their uniforms

korra had it on too

Ah but he doesn't!

TarrloknoBadgeexceptkinda.png

Even in his fashionable party attire (I kinda like that belt without the hanky), he has no ribbon. In fact Tenzin manages to have one incorporated into his formal robe. And the insignia on during the raid was a law enforcement style badge. Interestingly enough, the badge the task force uses does not match the badge used by Chief Beifong and the metalbending police.

Again, I dont think this is some clue to a crazy revelation, just more a nod to the excellent costume design. Especially considering they're usually limited to four colors, heh.

karby

I saw this, and instantly thought of the bending protester guy. Coincidence? I think not!
But really, is anyone else hoping that the bending protester sticks around, at least for season one? For a bit character, every scene involving him so far has been hilarious. I hope they have plans to keep him floating in the background.

Arment

They want people to choose sides. Two ships enter, only one ship is set to sail.

We need a gif of two burning ships in the middle of the ocean, smoke billowing everywhere. Out of nowhere, through the smoke, a ship emerges victorious with Korra and Asami kissing, sailing into the sunset.

#Korsami

Emitan

We need a gif of two burning ships in the middle of the ocean, smoke billowing everywhere. Out of nowhere, through the smoke, a ship emerges victorious with Korra and Asami kissing, sailing into the sunset.

#Korsami

Shut up and take my money!

Jintor

#Korsami

I'm already seeing a fair amount of tumblr art to that effect

Ezalc

I'm already seeing a fair amount of tumblr art to that effect

I'm going to need to see some pictures to deliberate on the validity of this comment and to further increase the possible addition of a third party into the aforementioned discussion.

Omikaru

I too have seen much Korrasami fanart in my Tumblr trawlings. I saw it appear within hours of episode 4 leaking. Tumblr was already overflowing with that shit by time it had aired. Just looking at it as I write this post, and it's even worse...

Needless to say, there are a lot of talented artists out there. Doing that.

Satch

Banned
btw a scene from episode 5 leaked (nickeloleon amirite)

i'm not posting it here until nick posts it officially on their site (likely tomorrow), but you can probably find it on your own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom