• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV - Abigail Reveal Trailer

pizzacat

Banned
"This season will prolly get leaked anyway, we need to find a character in our library that has a weird name to throw people off"

Evilisk

I like some of his moves (like that finger flick lmao), though I'm still not sure why they went with Abigail of all FF characters. I mean, other than that they get to say that they finally added a Canadian character.

This was an absurd reveal and I haven't had so much fun watching one since Ibuki's last year. Seems like he's even got a parry on top of armor. I mean, hey, I'd take Ingrid, but this is fine too. Can't get mad at max muscle power.

Eat your heart out, Gief.

After the initial suprise, the more I watch the trailer the more he is kinda growing on me. We'll see how he plays but he's going to need some creative alternative costumes to really appeal. The two alts shown are a bit bland at a glance. With Season 2 I think Kolin and Ed's designs have been crud anyway so my expectations are fairly low at the moment.

Rafus

The first thing I thought when watching the trailer: can other characters throw him?
Some of the throw animations already look weird on gief, and also I'm concerned about Alex or Zangief's Critical Arts on him.

Seiniyta

Someone at the SFV dev team really has a fetish for muscles. Even the slimmest male in the roster is rather roided.

Oh god, they're going to make the twins super roided too aren't they when they put them in SFV at some point :/

Abigail is one of the boss characters from Final Fight.

Design isn't for me but his moveset looks cool and fun at least. I'm just hoping the last two characters will come out a little faster.

Hoping.

For reference

latest

sketchcard_final_fight_abigail_by_fedde-d4rnwhw.jpg

gfs_62768_2_58.jpg

Wow! Thanks for clarifying this. Man... These concept designs are great compared with what The character turned out to be.

tzare

well, they make it very easy for me to skip buying season pass and using FM for the few characters i like. I'd rather spend it on stages than some of the DLC characters.

But i guess there will be many that will enjoy it so it is fine. You cannot please everyone.

sephi22

This feeling inside me..... it burns like the fire of a thousand enchiladas.
The spirit of El Fuerte has risen again. A widely disliked character to troll ranked matches and make people ragequit with. I knew I would never get El Fuerte or Ingrid in SFV, but I didn't expect my next calling to be a giant comically buff ugly man.

Viva Mexico! Viva Canada!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That dislike ratio though

cireza

I don't play SFV, but I like that they took the risk to make a character like that.

You can't easily add a very big character in a game. It probably needs a more complex validation process.

I don't play SFV, but I like that they took the risk to make a character like that.

You can't easily add a very big character in a game. It probably needs a more complex validation process.

the thing is about SFV though at its current stage....i don't think they can afford any risk and need to play it safe

Floex

The action figure looks great, just the right cartoon purportions

cfWSD0i.jpg

Instead we get someone created from a Rob Liefeld fetish.

why is it that some (all?) punches and grabs seem to miss or "go through" the opponent in SFV?
it almost looks like the collision detection is completley off.
wierdly only while you watch a fight, not when you actually play it yourself.

yurinka

I think until now Fang was the only awful character design in SFV, but now Abigail joined him.

His size and silhouette reminds me of Hulk in MvC. His proportions feel weird and I miss his original colors because at least with them it would more or less remain some style from the original character.

In season 2 I only disliked Akuma's new hairstyle and Ed's pants in his Bison-like costume. I'd prefer Damnd instead of Abigail.

I don't know what to think about his moveset, I need a proper gameplay video. I like the stage, it's great to see some Final Fight stuff here.

Compared to the other games, SFV E3 announcement has been really weak. Let's hope they also announce Menat to be released for next week's update and announce Arcade Mode & vol II of the story mode for the end of Season 2 at their SDCC panel.

Wow! Thanks for clarifying this. Man... These concept designs are great compared with what The character turned out to be.
The 2nd image is a fanart. This is additional official artwork:

Street Fighter V (CFN character portal)
latest

Final Fight (arcade)
latest

Mighty Final Fight (NES)
Mighty_Final_Fight_Abigail.jpg

Final Fight One (GBA)
Final_Fight_One_GBA_Bay_Area_Alpha_Cody_Abigail_2.png

Saoshyant

Wow, I thought I'd hate the new character after reading all the hatred online, but turns out that reveal video was great. There's some really dumb designs in SFV, especially in recent characters including those returning (Akuma), but this wasn't bad at all. Gigantic dude who hits like an actual truck? Yes, we already had Hugo for that before, but some variety from the FF canon that fulfils the same role just feels right.

He's absurd. I love it!

Exactly!

Trickster

My initial reaction was very negative. But seeing it a couple of times, I'm actually thinking I would really enjoy playing as him

over a character inclusion, you don't even have to play?
I get there's the whole Capcom persecution comolex alive and well in here.

There's many things I disagree with about Vs design. The DLC model, the clear corners being cut and the abysmal production values aside, season 2 is Trash imo.

Outside of Akuma so far the characters are doing nothing for me. Im happeier keep playing Ultra. Like I said this is the tipping point for me. I've no longer any interest in this game.

It's not just this character. It's the endless ball dropping by Capcom.

Akuma is my boy, and I can play him in the vastly superior USF4 and even Tekken 7.

Sort your shit out for SFVI Capcom.

Edit; and gtfo trying to paint me as a fanboy or sour grapes. I've been playing Street fighter for years across many different consoles. As with all SFV threads, people get upset at others opinions that this is just a bad SF game. Your allowed to like it, same as I'm allowed to not.

FSLink

Banned
I get there's the whole Capcom persecution comolex alive and well in here.

There's many things I disagree with about Vs design. The DLC model, the clear corners being cut and the abysmal production values aside, season 2 is Trash imo.

Outside of Akuma so far the characters are doing nothing for me. Im happeier keep playing Ultra. Like I said this is the tipping point for me. I've no longer any interest in this game.

It's not just this character. It's the endless ball dropping by Capcom.

Akuma is my boy, and I can play him in the vastly superior USF4 and even Tekken 7.

Sort your shit out for SFVI Capcom.

I mean let's be real you weren't going to play V anyway. I don't disagree that V has major problems, but c'mon now, it just feels weird bringing this up in a character reveal topic. It's not like if the character was cool you'd join, the game has a lot of issues.

hertog

Awesome, I stopped playing since the launch of Injustice 2, but this is my kind of character.
He reminds me a lot of my main in SFxTekken (Jack-X)

IbukiLordSA

Wacky character and massive to the point of hilarity. Not a character I would ever play though, this whole season 2 stuff has been super lame none of the new characters interest me at all.

KingBroly

Banned
I mean let's be real you weren't going to play V anyway. I don't disagree that V has major problems, but c'mon now.

I think Abigail has this fighting style of 'we really didn't give a fuck anymore, so here's a bunch of comedic bully moves on a character.' He looks like Bane from Arkham Asylum, not a Street Fighter character.

Top Bottom